Scars, anyone?

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Scars, anyone?

Unread postby GuoBia » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:45 am

I mean those unorganized arrays of collagen fibers on your dermal surfaces.

Do you guys have any existing scars with any odd stories, or scars corresponding to events or the such in your life? This is a forum full of people who do stuff, ie chuck gaming consoles out of windows, get beat up, or shoot stuff to relieve stress. I'm sure at least a few of you would have scars from those.

I guess I'll start.

When I was younger I used to scratch myself either for the smallest bumps or for no apparent reason, so I have scars from that all over. Also, a few years back I was trying to do a jump on my bike. Predictably I fell off and skidded face-first on concrete, but luckily it was just my chin that got the brunt of it. It got stitched back on thankfully, but now it's pointed, hard, and doesn't have a lot of feeling in it. I call it my impromptu chin plastic surgery because yippee for me, it looks like a plastic surgery chin. XD

Why don't you guys share?
Guo run! Guo run!!!!
GuoBia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: Scars, anyone?

Unread postby mrbeate » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:46 am

I dropped at butcher's knife on my knee (the sharp side) made a huge cut and I could still see the scar.

I have this kind-of a scar on my lip, I'm not even sure what it is.But I fell and cut my lip with my own fangs.
Then they had to stitch it, and left a scar.

I was attacked by a guard dog and it bit my knee, scraping the side, creating a scar afterward.

I have a scar on my elbow from a bike accident.

Got into a fight, I took a extendo to the head, and it made a cut I was bleeding alot.. but I didn't bother going to the hospital or doctor's officer. Just some band-aids and wrappings, next thing thing you know I get a scar.
Smoke, drink, relieve my stress
mrbeate
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:38 am

I have a scar across my behind shaped like straighteners from when I sat on them in nothing but a thong and didn't realise it for a while!! Yes they were turned on!! Dislike having a high pain threshold!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Qu Hui » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:10 am

I have a rather large one on my left knee from when I accidentally put my knee through a glass door when I was younger. I also have misc. scars on my hands from this and that and a large scar on my elbow that came from a piece of sharp, broken brick when I was a wee op-despot.
My avatar is Roy from Fire Emblem: Binding Blade, as he appears in Fire Emblem: Awakening
Quote of the "Day": "The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." -Neil Gaiman
Qu Hui
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:20 am

I have a lot of battle scars on my fists as I was pretty feisty when I was younger, when boys threw stones at me, they did not get away with it!!

I once had a scar that went down from my forehead through my right eye...it faded though!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:40 am

I did have one on the back of my head, got knocked accidentally against a wall when I was younger. Not sure if it is still there
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Marc » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:31 am

One on my left ring finger, one on my right forearm just before the elbow, one on the back of my head, one on my forehead, and one beside my left eyebrow. I think I know how maybe...hmm...one of them got there?
Roses are red, violets are blue,
Omae wa mo shindeiru
Marc
Robot In Disguise
Robot In Disguise

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:24 am

I've got three.

One on the back of my head. I was playing Ping Pong and my opponent missed the table. It went under the radiator and when I bent down to pick it up someone thought it would be funny to push me in to it. Cracked my head open and blood poured out. That person was so embarrased!

I have a second one in my stomach region. I built a tree house at my uncles (well I say I did... being 8 I got more in the way of my dad and uncle then actually helped!) anyway we finished without any injuries. However the step up was a relatively solid but very sharp branch. I tried to get into the tree slipped and gashed down my whole side. It looks more like a birthmark these days but it is still a scar.

My last is a lot more embarrasing. I was playing rugby in a PE lesson and I was one of the few who knew what I was doing. I got tackled and went down and a maul formed over my head. some inexperienced fool didn't look where he was putting his foot. When the studs dug in lets say my voice went an octive higher. Having not hit puberty at that point I was worried about the long term effects of the injury as it has still left a very obvious scar 7 years later. Thankfully I'm not yet to notice any problems. Still highly embarrasing though. :oops:
Interested in the history behind the novel? Find a list of english language Three Kingdom sources here.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby agga » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:02 pm

my best scar is a little crescent on the back of my thumb - i was ~14, trying to get a chipmunk out of a horse feed barrel (we had horses in those days), and i decided just to grab him; he bit down on my thumb and wouldn't let go. i ran out of the barn shaking my hand trying to get him off, finally he let go and skittered off into some bushes.

it bled a lot. i have a scar. the end.
造反有理!
agga
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby WeiWenDi » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:37 pm

Have a pretty good one from when I was about 4 on my left thigh. I was on a scooter going downhill pretty fast and veered off the sidewalk and into somebody's garden - got a six-centimetre-long triangular cross-section wood-chip neatly embedded in my thigh. I remember it was a pain to get out (and pain in every other sense), and the wound, being triangular, was difficult to stitch up. But yeah - it's still there, but it only shows when I'm wearing swim trunks. All of my regular shorts are long enough to hide the damn thing.

This past year I got three new ones on my right hand, from when I scraped it against a tree in Kazakhstan. They're not too large - they look kind of painful, though.
Some more blood, Chekov. The needle won't hurt, Chekov. Take off your shirt, Chekov. Roll over, Chekov. Breathe deeply, Chekov. Blood sample, Chekov! Marrow sample, Chekov! Skin sample, Chekov! If I live long enough... I'm going to run out of samples.
WeiWenDi
Hedgehog Emperor

Next

Return to The Pub