Cooking

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Re: Cooking

Unread postby Lady Wu » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:29 pm

I'm afraid I don't eat durian--can't get past the smell. :(

Also Maggi is crack. It's like MSG on steroids. I don't dare stock it at home. I had no idea Germans are into it though.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Mitsunari » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:51 pm

Lady Wu wrote:I'm afraid I don't eat durian--can't get past the smell. :(

Also Maggi is crack. It's like MSG on steroids. I don't dare stock it at home. I had no idea Germans are into it though.

:lol:

Nyeeees, the odour is somewhat 'whack'.

As for Maggi, oh the Rhine runs brown with it, haha...I think it's originally a Swiss company, don't quote me on that though, but that explains why it's popularity is centred in that neck of the Alps.

Anyhoo, back to cooking, I have a very simple addition to a bog standard bacon sandwich which hoists it to the pinnacle of the sandwich pile, if indeed any of you choose to eat bacon as frequently as myself...a red onion, fried till slightly caramelised, goes amazingly well with crispy bacon. And Maggi, naturally.
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby GuoBia » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:08 am

Hey, didya notice that different countries have different Maggi formulations, and they all taste different?!
Guo run! Guo run!!!!
GuoBia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:38 pm

I've learnt to cook!

... about 5 dishes. :lol:

My specialties are Chicken Korma, Thai Green Curry, Fajitas and Toad in the Hole with home made Yorkshire Pudding! :D :D
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to The Pub