Drugs

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Re: Drugs

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:41 am

Of course its your life to live as you wish mrbeate but I disagree with that assesment. Physical pain generally subsides and leaves and is being dealt with while you are under the influnce. Emotional pain is only beaten by being confronted and coming to terms with the pain. IMO what you are doing is hiding from it and hoping it will just go away which won't happen.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby mrbeate » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:16 pm

Sun Fin wrote:Of course its your life to live as you wish mrbeate but I disagree with that assesment. Physical pain generally subsides and leaves and is being dealt with while you are under the influnce. Emotional pain is only beaten by being confronted and coming to terms with the pain. IMO what you are doing is hiding from it and hoping it will just go away which won't happen.

It pains me emotionally because I like her. I just need time away from her until my feelings are gone. I was able to be around her because I was under the influence and well it stopped me from thinking bout it. Like I said before.. I'm going to take time away from her, and NOT doing marijuana and or drink just so I can chill with her.
Smoke, drink, relieve my stress
mrbeate
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:23 pm

I understand all that. What I'm saying is this:
I just need time away from her until my feelings are gone
won't happen without you confronting your feelings rather than hiding from them.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby devtherev » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:24 pm

I'm hooked on caffeine, DAMN YOU COCA COLA!

Ahemm, on a separate note i do occationally binge drink on a Saturday...That being said i have about 4 cans of cider, i'm still unsure how that's a bing but apparrantly it is :roll:
devtherev
Scholar

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:34 pm

devtherev wrote:
Ahemm, on a separate note i do occationally binge drink on a Saturday...That being said i have about 4 cans of cider, i'm still unsure how that's a bing but apparrantly it is :roll:

I wouldn't call that a binge...
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Adam » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:42 pm

Pretty sure I'd be an alcoholic if I drank more often than I did (which is almost never).

Shared a pint o' whiskey with a friend of mine last night and felt the incredible urge to drink even more...luckily there was none and I wasn't about to drive in that condition (it's been so damned long that apparently half a pint of whiskey gets me drunk off my arse).
That seems to be the glaring difference for me between pot and booze...I can smoke and not feel the need to smoke even more but if I drink I get the incredible urge to not stop...luckily most booze just seems disgusting to me so I have no urge to drink it when I'm sober unless I'm out or whatever...and even then it's more to relax than to actually drink.

Sun Fin wrote:Sorry if that felt like an attack on you Adam.

Didn't come off that way at all, just taking the opportunity to make the remark when it presented itself. :P
-亚当
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby devtherev » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:46 pm

Sun Fin wrote:I wouldn't call that a binge...

I wouldn't either but in a medical point of view it is :x Silly scientist...doctor...people things! :lol:
devtherev
Scholar

Unread postby mrbeate » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:57 pm

Sun Fin wrote:won't happen without you confronting your feelings rather than hiding from them.

Please inform me on how to 'confront' my feelings :?
Smoke, drink, relieve my stress
mrbeate
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby devtherev » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:59 pm

mrbeate wrote:Please inform me on how to 'confront' my feelings :?

That's a tricky one to answer, I think people tend to 'confront' them different. I like to mull my feelings over for a while on my own quietly for a while before sharing them with any one it concerns, problem with that is when there feeling differ greatly from your own ^^; sometimes you could end up hurting yourself emotionally that way.
devtherev
Scholar

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:04 pm

Facing her without dulling the pain is how I'd do it. It will hurt to start off with but eventually it will recede as you get use to being in her presence!
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub