Drugs

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Re: Drugs

Unread postby mrbeate » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:14 pm

It's the thought of her liking somebody else and is what pains me. When I see her 'images' of her and some random guy run though my head it just hurts and gets me saddened and angry.
Smoke, drink, relieve my stress
mrbeate
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:19 pm

mrbeate wrote:It's the thought of her liking somebody else and is what pains me. When I see her 'images' of her and some random guy run though my head it just hurts and gets me saddened and angry.

Something that everybody deals with. As I said I know it hurts but hiding from it doesn't help.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby devtherev » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:23 pm

mrbeate wrote:It's the thought of her liking somebody else and is what pains me. When I see her 'images' of her and some random guy run though my head it just hurts and gets me saddened and angry.

Perhaps she'll be alot more sensitive with your feeling if she knew how you felt about her.
devtherev
Scholar

Unread postby mrbeate » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:42 pm

She thinks I'm sad.. since I left the group. According to my friends, she's sad to and misses me. So I should talk to her about how I feel?
Smoke, drink, relieve my stress
mrbeate
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby devtherev » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:45 pm

That would probably be the best idea. If she knows how you feel she'll be happier knowing you're trusting her :)
devtherev
Scholar

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:46 pm

mrbeate wrote:She thinks I'm sad.. since I left the group. According to my friends, she's sad to and misses me. So I should talk to her about how I feel?

I think so yeah, but don't be shocked if it doesn't result in the two of you becoming an item. :)
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Hyper90 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:58 am

do you guys smoke ? i dont smoke

for me, gaming is like a drug :lol:
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:06 pm

I smoked marijuana once in my life... Because my younger brother bet me $5 I wouldn't do it. I was always looked at as Mr. Goodie Two-Shoes. So I took his money and smoked up his entire blunt.

As for cigarettes, never did and hopefully never will.

Caffeine is a drug? Just kidding, I guess I do use it in carbonated beverages - which I rarely drink these days. I don't like coffee though I have drunk it in the past maybe between a few dozen times.

Alcohol..... Hmm, well in high school I was drinking tequila margaritas at 14. I pretty much stopped after that. I drank alot of Smirnoffs, Zimas(?), and Tequizas through the age of 18-22 but, I almost never drink now. I have and still do drink kosher wine during celebrations but it always makes my head hurt - so I sip and pass on.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lady Wu » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:16 pm

Just to put it out there (since I just finish writing the last exam for my biopsychology class):

The prefrontal cortex area of your brain (the part of your brain that makes good decisions, gives you self-control, helps you think through difficult problems and makes you active and smart) doesn't finish building itself until you're about 25 years old.

So, if you're under that age and considering using a substance that is known to mess with how your brain works, just keep in mind that:
- The decision-making mechanism of your brain isn't in its best state yet; and
- While scientists don't know for sure how much of what substance is going to affect your brain how, you might want to be careful with anything that can potentially mess with your brain getting put together properly.

Also, for the ladies (and guys with girlfriends/wives):

No amount of alcohol during pregnancy is safe. The most crucial part of brain development happens before most women realize they're preggers, so you could be doing stuff to the fetus without realizing. Alcohol makes the neurons in the developing brain go haywire and move beyond where the brain boundary should be, and get all scrambled outside. This leads to fetal alcohol syndrome. So if you're doing anything that could remotely result in a child, it's best to abstain from alcohol.

Ok, done with my soapbox.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:26 pm

Sun Fin wrote:Well like agga I'm addicted to caffine. Damn those Sodas!

Still addicted to caffeine, damn those Coke and Dr Pepper highs :lol:

I've actually given them both up for lent and am suffering severe headaches!
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub