#SoSZ, our IRC chatroom

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Re: #SoSZ, our IRC chatroom

Unread postby Bush Leagues » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:39 pm

SunXia wrote:Sorry I meant to imply that I always struggle with IRC compared to something like Discord. Has anyone considered setting up a chatroom??

I can set up a Discord for us when I get home. Although, I'm not a mod or anything, so I can't say it's anything official.

Also, which server is the IRC room on? I do use IRC on occasion, but #SoSZ was empty last time I looked. I'm not great with IRC stuff, so maybe I'm just completely off base.
Currently playing: Android: Netrunner LCG , Shadowrun (tabletop), and Warhammer Ancient Battle.

Pan Feng can destroy this Hua Xiong! A Han Fu ROTK IX After-Action Report.
One of the best posts ever about Pan Feng.
Bush Leagues
Scholar

Unread postby Bush Leagues » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:50 am

And so, on the first evening, Bush Leagues created the Discord Server. And it was good.

https://discord.gg/2fM7RCC

The ability to talk if you want is kinda nice.

The picture is Zhang Fengyi portraying Cao Cao in the John Woo film Red Cliffs. It's my go-to avatar on most sites, although I haven't gotten around to it on here yet.

Everyone is welcome to join.
Currently playing: Android: Netrunner LCG , Shadowrun (tabletop), and Warhammer Ancient Battle.

Pan Feng can destroy this Hua Xiong! A Han Fu ROTK IX After-Action Report.
One of the best posts ever about Pan Feng.
Bush Leagues
Scholar

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:51 am

I've joined the discord one. The SoSZ chatroom is on irc.lunar.net - I've never known the room to be empty, often there is no-one speaking but Qu Hui or someone is normally at least logged in!
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:53 am

I find Discord the easiest one for simple chatting. Skype is just well bugged to Hades now and I've never enjoyed havign to join rooms on irc so its cool to get alerts when doing something else while not having to remember to consciously log in.
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Lady Wu » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:30 pm

Bush Leagues wrote:Also, which server is the IRC room on? I do use IRC on occasion, but #SoSZ was empty last time I looked. I'm not great with IRC stuff, so maybe I'm just completely off base.

You need to choose irc.lunarnet.org as the server. (don't worry, I've done that a ton of times too, looking for people in #sosz on totally not the right server)
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Previous

Return to The Pub