#SoSZ, our IRC chatroom

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Re: #SoSZ

Unread postby Masatog » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:47 am

Hmm...this is actually pretty fun to have a chat with the members of SoSZ. It is however...short on people talking as last time I visited, there was only 4 people.
Need...more...people!
Current Avatar: RTKXI's Chen Gong in LoCC sprite.
Masatog
Scholar

Unread postby Qu Hui » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:00 am

In all fairness, the channel was only opened nine or so hours ago. Plus, there have been six total visitors so far.
My avatar is Roy from Fire Emblem: Binding Blade, as he appears in Fire Emblem: Awakening
Quote of the "Day": "The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." -Neil Gaiman
Qu Hui
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:08 pm

I'm gonna try...

So I got to this point: http://www.mibbit.com/networks/lunarnet/channels.html

Then I coiuldn't find #SoSZ
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Qu Hui » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:15 pm

When you first go to Mibbit, hit the 'Start chatting now' button and you should be able to figure it out from there.
My avatar is Roy from Fire Emblem: Binding Blade, as he appears in Fire Emblem: Awakening
Quote of the "Day": "The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." -Neil Gaiman
Qu Hui
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:49 pm

Qu Hui wrote:When you first go to Mibbit, hit the 'Start chatting now' button and you should be able to figure it out from there.

But I've found SimRTK on there but not SoSZ...

EDIT: FOUND IT!
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: #SoSZ, our IRC chatroom

Unread postby Qu Hui » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:36 pm

Attention!
Could everone make sure that they are not on the channel between 10:00 and 10:30 PM Eastern Standard Time? I need to register the channel and before I can everyone needs to be out of the channel.
Qu Hui
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Marc » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:55 pm

After that, however, everyone should be very active on it, as while I only have experience registering channels with UnderNet, a high (and constant) level of activity is what they look for, so if no-one joins the channel and no-one speaks, it won't be registered. If it is but no-one joins or speaks, then the registration will be taken away.
Roses are red, violets are blue,
Omae wa mo shindeiru
Marc
Robot In Disguise
Robot In Disguise

Unread postby Qu Hui » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:59 pm

From my experience with Mibbit and ChanServ, it seems that this won't be a problem. The worst that'll happen is that lunarnet will occasionally have server problems, but that's rare.
Qu Hui
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:58 pm

Can't find it...how do these things work??

EDIT: Gotcha!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Ranbir » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:27 am

I got the network admin to register it. Room won't be going anywhere.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub