Inactive members you miss

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Re: Inactive members you miss

Unread postby Lord Ma Chao » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:56 pm

James wrote:
Marc wrote:Zhou Gongjin. :(

Old school.

Whoa, seriously. I saw that my last visit before today was over four years ago, but then I see this. Now I really feel old and dusty.
"I came in here for an argument!"
"Oh! I'm sorry! That's abuse!"
Lord Ma Chao
Sage

Unread postby Shu Ryorin » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:17 am

Goth Girl. She would post such awesome art...

Also, Hitokiri Battousai. I hardly ever see him anymore. And Ts'ao Jian, because it always amused me to talk about the forum when we were offline. Yes, he still posts (rarely), but still.
"Only dummies call people dummy, dummy!"
-some fairy in "Breath of Fire III"

Grad school is hard, you guys.
Shu Ryorin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Canada, wandering the less-frozen-than-Alaska-but-still-cold wastes of grad school

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:52 am

Skode, Mittens, Ricky and many others. Even the topic creator, Jebus, to a certain extent although he is still on ocasionally!
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby TooMuchBaijiu » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:23 am

I miss Mindless Minion. He was a great Plebian Aedile.

Seriously, I was going to join this forum like four years ago, but then I came across this big "Long Live the Republic of SoSZ" thread, and not realizing it was April Fools' Day, I walked away thinking you guys were all insane. Well, glad I was (mostly) wrong...
I don't write fanfic, but if I did it would involve Zhou Yu and Zheng He fighting to win the heart of Lai Choi San. Then I'd make them join forces to fight Ming the Merciless, who secretly works for Master Li. I'd squeeze Lu Bu in there somehow.
TooMuchBaijiu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:53 am

Ahahaha I miss that old April Fool's Day joke because Kong Wen banned James's account after he hit 10'000 posts!! One of the many reasons Kongy's long term presence is missed here!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Exar Kun » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:45 pm

Great Deer. Chris was the best goddamn 3k debater to ever post on these forums.
"Two there should be; no more, no less.
One to embody the power, the other to crave it."
-Creed of the New Sith-
Exar Kun
Dark Lord of the Sith

Unread postby Elitemsh » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:58 pm

Exar Kun wrote:Great Deer. Chris was the best goddamn 3k debater to ever post on these forums.

That could be viewed as a pretty insulting statement. I'd have phrased that differently if i were you but i'm guessing you didn't mean to offend anyone.

I remember some very good debaters such as Lu Kang, Tan Binrui and Shi Tong. It's a shame they're not around anymore.
''I've never fought for anyone but myself. I've got no purpose in life. No ultimate goal. It's only when I'm cheating death on the battlefield. The only time I feel truly alive.'' ~Solid Snake
Elitemsh
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:23 pm

TooMuchBaijiu wrote:I miss Mindless Minion. He was a great Plebian Aedile.

Haha. MM's got quite a history here.

TooMuchBaijiu wrote:Seriously, I was going to join this forum like four years ago, but then I came across this big "Long Live the Republic of SoSZ" thread, and not realizing it was April Fools' Day, I walked away thinking you guys were all insane. Well, glad I was (mostly) wrong...

This is terrific. :lol:

I'm glad you decided to visit again later when we appeared a little more sane.

Elitemsh wrote:
Exar Kun wrote:Great Deer. Chris was the best goddamn 3k debater to ever post on these forums.

That could be viewed as a pretty insulting statement. I'd have phrased that differently if i were you but i'm guessing you didn't mean to offend anyone.

No great harm in this one. Great Deer was one of about six or so members who knows so much about the subject that I would never dare to try and pick out the most knowledgeable among them. He was also a fine debater, but so are most of the others who fall into this category. I doubt any of them would be insulted. :)
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Exar Kun » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:41 pm

Elitemsh wrote:That could be viewed as a pretty insulting statement. I'd have phrased that differently if i were you but i'm guessing you didn't mean to offend anyone.

I remember some very good debaters such as Lu Kang, Tan Binrui and Shi Tong. It's a shame they're not around anymore.

No offense but I've been around since forever. I've also been everywhere and debated against literally every top debater to ever exist during the prime years. SHZLD and Great Deer stand out to me as the very best because they're the only two that ever conclusively left me with no choice but to admit defeat. SHZLD never posted here so that's why I said Great Deer. SHZLD was also quite the gentleman, essentially disarming you and leaving you to realize that you lost, Great Deer just did the equivalent of basically lopping off all your limbs and informing you that the battle was basically over. Ahh...good times.
You haven't seen mastery till you've seen one of these guys in action. Lu Kang aka TaschiCi aka Sun Bofu was a "rival" of mine for many years, and the difference really is night and day. Trust me.
I didn't mean to offend anybody (for once), but when you're that clearly the best, there's nothing wrong with stating it.
"Two there should be; no more, no less.
One to embody the power, the other to crave it."
-Creed of the New Sith-
Exar Kun
Dark Lord of the Sith

Unread postby Elitemsh » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:10 pm

Fair enough. It's a shame this guy wasn't around when i started here.
''I've never fought for anyone but myself. I've got no purpose in life. No ultimate goal. It's only when I'm cheating death on the battlefield. The only time I feel truly alive.'' ~Solid Snake
Elitemsh
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub