Your favorite alcoholic beverages

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Your favorite alcoholic beverages

Unread postby ChaosIncarnate » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:23 am

This is a topic about which I could go on forever. Since the ancient Sumerians, it has been alcohol that has been both the cause of, and solution to all of life's problems, to paraphrase the Simpsons. So what's YOUR poison?

I'm a beer man myself. Preferably something decent, not that cheap stuff. My all time favorite would have to be Young's Oatmeal Stout. Anything by Young's, really. Double Chocolate Stout is OK, but I don't really taste any chocolate. Young's Special London Ale is also good-it has like a spicy, Christmasey flavor. I like just about anything from the British Isles. Those guys know their beer.

This coffee shop I go to all the time serves a pint of Guinness with a shot of espresso, it's called an Irish Bomber. It's VERY relaxing. I like it. Guinness by itself just isn't the same for me anymore.

Lately I've been drinking Arrogant Bastard Ale. Drank a bottle just now, and I'm pretty nicely buzzed, I gotta say! Really strong stuff. It's like 7.2% alcohol... almost like drinking liquor. It costs 5 bucks for a 24oz bottle, but it's worth every penny. It's from America too, which is good to know-anyone who says American beer sucks just needs to shop around-the small independent breweries are where it's at.

If I have to go with cheap beer, I buy Lone Star. We have a saying here in Texas, if you can't find Lone Star, you're in a foreign country! Shiner Bock and Zeigenbock are also good-I prefer to buy Texan if I have to drink domestic. It's good to support a local business.

If I do anything harder than beer, which I rarely do, I like a decent whiskey. Crown Royal or better. Crown and Coke is really good... any whiskey mixed with Coke, for that matter. I've come to the realization that the SOLE purpose of Coca-cola is for mixing with whiskey. Rum and Coke is overrated.
Last edited by ChaosIncarnate on Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"To move swiftly, strike vigorously, and secure all the fruits of victory, is the secret of successful war."

—Stonewall Jackson, 1863
ChaosIncarnate
Initiate

Re: Your favorite alcoholic beverages

Unread postby Stallion Fury » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:30 am

Let me see... just some beer and wine, and sometimes a bit of sake.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Just kidding.
Stallion Fury
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby mrbeate » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:36 am

Bacardi Green Apple =)
Smoke, drink, relieve my stress
mrbeate
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Stallion Fury » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:37 am

So both of you are above legal drinking age?
Stallion Fury
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby mrbeate » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:41 am

Nope i had a sip of it at a family party, my uncles told me to just for a try. Tasted goooddd
mrbeate
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Stallion Fury » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:43 am

I have like 8 years to go before I can even get a taste of it.
Stallion Fury
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby mrbeate » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:49 am

Well in highschool and even middle school under age drinking is getting more common. At parties you find alcohol, hanging out you can find alcohol. or drugs.

I don't do drugs or drink.... okay on special occasions like holidays ill drink some at parties.
mrbeate
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Stallion Fury » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:52 am

I'm too young to be doing any of that. I'm still in elementary school, although next year I'll be entering secondary.
Stallion Fury
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby ChaosIncarnate » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:52 am

All I can say is be careful. I got an MIP (Minor in Possession *of alcohol*-$200 ticket plus community service) like a month to the day before I turned 21. I was at the wrong party at the wrong time. Absolutely RUINED my 21st birthday. Don't let that happen to you!

I forgot a lot of you are probably youngsters. Damn I feel old...
"To move swiftly, strike vigorously, and secure all the fruits of victory, is the secret of successful war."

—Stonewall Jackson, 1863
ChaosIncarnate
Initiate

Unread postby Stallion Fury » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:57 am

If you're over 21, you're at least a decade older than me.
Stallion Fury
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Next

Return to The Pub