Your favorite alcoholic beverages

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Re: Your favorite alcoholic beverages

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:36 am

Depends on your country. In the UK the thought is to get kids use to alcohol before their 18 so that when they can drink they've learnt to be careful with it. So I would encourage parents to offer their kids a small amount of alcohol from 12 or 13 in a safe enviroment.

Also discovered a shot called White Gummy Bear. Was awesome...
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby mrbeate » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:28 am

Really? In my family its like.

Dad " You drink yet?"
Me " No "
Dad *slaps you* " Just in case"
Smoke, drink, relieve my stress
mrbeate
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Human5 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:26 pm

are you under aged? and I actually wasn't under aged because i was in China when i had the sip. :twisted: It is legal. But do not get me wrong. I don't drink. even if i could.
mrbeate wrote:.... under aged drinking is bad! :roll: , even though ive done it, and maybe still doing it :mrgreen:
Human5
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby mrbeate » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:37 pm

Yes i am underage, highschool parties FTW. I'm so excited this year... Sweet 16s for everyone =D
Smoke, drink, relieve my stress
mrbeate
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Crazedmongoose » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:40 pm

Half the people I know have been drinking from about 17.

edit: really getting into the moscow mule recently. (ie. vodka with lime, ginger and gingerale)
Crazedmongoose
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby dajiangjun » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 am

I personally am a Gin and Tonic fan. Specifically I enjoy Beefeaters. I also enjoy most Vodka straight and Schnapps of all varieties. I was also into a drink called "Caribou Lou" by the rap-artist Tech N9e, which is basically Bicardi 151, Malibu Coconut Rum, and pineapple juice. Gets you drunk and gets you drunk fast, if thats what you are going for of course.

I like wine, mostly white wines, blushes, dessert wines, etc. I like good beer too, but mostly I prefer Heineken. Its a shame because I rarely drink anymore or party anymore. I enjoy ganja more than I like alcohol, but thats me.
dajiangjun
Initiate

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:31 am

Human5 wrote:are you under aged? and I actually wasn't under aged because i was in China when i had the sip. :twisted: It is legal. But do not get me wrong. I don't drink. even if i could.
mrbeate wrote:.... under aged drinking is bad! :roll: , even though ive done it, and maybe still doing it :mrgreen:

I've been drinking since the age of 12 but not illegally as it isn't illegal in the UK if your in a private place. But now I'm 18 and can drink in pubs, clubs whatever and do so.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:23 pm

Where do I even start these days?

Cider is my favourite long drink although I enjoy red and white wine (especially Sauvignon Blanc) but never ever rose. For a shorter drink I enjoy, amerrato and coke as well as spiced rum and coke, preferably Mount Gay, and for an evening drink I switch between Port, Black Sambucca, Disarano and Drambuie.

With alcohol, unlike food, I'm not really fussy!
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:51 pm

I am very picky with alcohol, even more so than when I was a picky teen and young adult.

Sweet flavors don't trigger hormone eruptions (hot flushes, fainting, vomiting) as much as other beverages. So peach schnapps is my rare poison these days on special occasions.
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:11 am

I can't believe I've never posted in this topic, haha. I drink pretty much anything, that isn't exotic that is.

Due to location I drink a lot of soju. Certainly not my favorite, but I've adapted to the culture around drinking it quite well.

I've slowly put together a solid little liquor cabinet. There's a variety of stuff on it, even some single malts. I like the peaty stuff, think Talisker or Ardbeg, but it can be hard to get my hands on that here. It's ostensibly for when guests are over but that never happens, haha.

I also am quite fond of hoppy beers, not quite to excess, but I do like a nice, crisp bitter beer.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub