Your favorite alcoholic beverages

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Re: Your favorite alcoholic beverages

Unread postby Jebusrocks » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:34 am

Stallion Fury wrote:How 'bout Kokanee?

Kokanee? The most skunk beer in the world :o

Personally, I generally drink Molson's Coldshots or Millers Genuine. Sometimes I drink beer brought by other people, but I only bring those drinks
It is curious that the Americans, who calculate so carefully on the possibilities of military victory, do not realize that in the process they are incurring deep psychological and political defeat.
Jebusrocks
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Adam » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:55 am

Yuck beer.

I'll stick with straight vodka (no disgusting flavored kind either) or the occasional scotch kthx.
-亚当
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:26 am

I've recently discovered the joy of absinthe. I've always been a fan of licorice flavored liquor but absinthe scared the hell outta me. I finally tried it. Liquid Good N Plenty. 10 times better than Jagermeister.

As for old favorites, Captain Morgans and Coke or Dr Pepper is a classic. I've also come to really enjoy lemonade and blue raspberry vodka, but that has caused issues for me. When liquor literally tastes like kool aid you can get quite trash, insanely fast. Also, dont play beer pong with jager bombs. You will forget how to walk.
Oh my my, oh hell yes, your gettin buried in your party dress.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Marc » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:03 am

Separation Anxiety wrote:I've recently discovered the joy of absinthe.

A friend brought a bottle of black absinthe to a party once. That stuff is like death in a bottle, never again.
Roses are red, violets are blue,
Omae wa mo shindeiru
Marc
Robot In Disguise
Robot In Disguise

Unread postby SunXia » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:16 pm

Haha, dudes, there's a reason you're legally only allowed two shots of the stuff in a club before you're supposed to be stamped!! Loved the stuff in my teens but having more respect for my liver these says when it comes to spirits!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby WeiWenDi » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:58 pm

I never did like the hard stuff - brandy-and-soda's about the closest I'll come anymore to that.

On the other hand, I did develop a taste for Zhigulyovskoye lager on the other side of the Pacific.
Some more blood, Chekov. The needle won't hurt, Chekov. Take off your shirt, Chekov. Roll over, Chekov. Breathe deeply, Chekov. Blood sample, Chekov! Marrow sample, Chekov! Skin sample, Chekov! If I live long enough... I'm going to run out of samples.
WeiWenDi
Hedgehog Emperor

Unread postby Famed Hero » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:12 pm

My favorites...

Domestic Beer: Coors Original

Import: Molson Ice

Tap: Guinness Draught

Liquor: Finlandia Vodka (straight, none of that flavored crap!)

Bar Specialty Drink: Irish Car Bomb - Half pint of Guinness, drop in a shot of Jameson that is topped of with Irish Creme)

My own personal creation: Nordic Coffee - Strong cup of coffee with a shot of Finlandia, mmmm mmmm good! :D

I don't drink wine other than Sake, I hate all liquors other than Finlandia, Jameson, and Maker's Mark.
Saint Joan of Arc, Pray for us!
Famed Hero
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:29 am

You might only be allowed two shots in a bar, didnt stop me from buying a fifth of it at the liquor store. Best 50 bucks ive ever spent on liquor.
Oh my my, oh hell yes, your gettin buried in your party dress.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Stefanos » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:12 pm

My favorite beer is probably Keystone Light. Yea yea.. its cheap and goes down easy. Its like Coors Light Light just like Natty is Bud Light Light. I love Southern Comfort as far as liquors go, but when Im strapped for cash Ill do Burnett's Vodka. 15 bucks for a 1.75 and Ive never once had a hangover(and Ive put down an embarrassingly large amount of it before). I love wine probably more than either of the rest. Theres just something about wine that separates itself from beer and liquor.. its wonderful. Im into semi-sweet red wines and sangria but hey, who doesnt like sangria?
I told you I get paid for every letter.. like abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
Stefanos
我的甜孩子

Unread postby Patricoo » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:14 am

WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME ABOUT THIS THREAD?!

You're all terrible people.

I, honest to god, carry a 6 ounce flask on my person at all times in my messenger bag at school. I'm -really- hoping I'm not gonna get caught with it but I'm pretty sure I won't. Like a really BAD KID I carried it around empty for a week or so to see if anyone would somehow notice. Nope! Actually... it needs filling but I don't know if I wanna fill it with this Jagermeister... 6 ounces of that doesn't do the trick.

Anyways, My favorite beer is a Yeungling. My favorite type of drink is a Whiskey Sour. Straight liquor, I'll take some rum. (I've recently been doing tactics sessions on RTK while up on Captain 100)

Vodka is the mix of the devil, and should be touched by no one.

Famed Hero wrote:Tap: Guinness Draught

Bar Specialty Drink: Irish Car Bomb - Half pint of Guinness, drop in a shot of Jameson that is topped of with Irish Creme)

If it wasn't like... 14 freaking dollars for that drink I'd have it more often.

Separation Anxiety wrote:You will forget how to walk.

Sounds like a good thing actually. :lol:
"Yey and did Fonzi downstairs cometh from his apartment from above the garage. And sayeth he, 'Reassembeleth will I, the pieces of my motorcycle, though I suffereth from temporary blindness. And yey for I am holy. Amen."
Patricoo
Langzhong

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub