What will you name your children?

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Re: What will you name your children?

Unread postby SunXia » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:26 pm

Well I seem to have a severe form of Endometriosis, which can cause fertility problems sometimes!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Aygor » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:34 pm

SunXia wrote:Well I seem to have a severe form of Endometriosis, which can cause fertility problems sometimes!!

I'm truly sorry to hear that, i hope something can be done about it.

For a male, i'd probably pick a Greek-Latin name (albeit italianized): Ottaviano, Enea, Achille, Ettore, Antonio, Michele..
For a female, i still lean towards classical names: Selene, Minerva, Dafne, Gloria, Penelope..
分久必合,合久必分
Ἀτύφως μὲν λαβεῖν, εὐλύτως δὲ ἀφεῖναι
Aygor
Langzhong

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:44 pm

Jonathon David Finch is what I'd like to name a son. I think my wife has agreed to Jonathon at least...

We don't expect to be having that discussion for a while yet though!
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:53 pm

Boys, I have never given that much thought, I doubt I can choose something goofy in good conscience so I think my wife has free reign there.

For girls, I have always liked two names: Lorelei, Rosalynn. Even as just a middle name, I'd be satisfied.

With future children, we also have to factor in the multicultural side of things. My wife is Korean so - ideally - the names would be flexible and easy to say in either language. Then again, my buddy in the same boat purposefully selected a pain in the ass name to pronounce in Korean so that could be fun, too!
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jebusrocks » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:05 pm

naming is weird because I'm Korean, but I've always wanted to name my daughter either Olivia or Vienna haha. As for a son... i honestly don't know, something simple though like Brad or something
It is curious that the Americans, who calculate so carefully on the possibilities of military victory, do not realize that in the process they are incurring deep psychological and political defeat.
Jebusrocks
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby dymlos timbre » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:04 am

I failed the Genetic lottery and was born with Klinefelters syndrome so it is highly unlikely I'l get to name a child, But if it did happen I probably wouldn't know until I saw the child's face but to better answer the question I know that right now if I got a boy and as long as the misses agreed(whoever that may be) it would be Gene after my father. As for a girl? I have always been partial towards my great grandmothers name Eilis.
dymlos timbre
Scholar

Unread postby Mega Zarak » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:37 pm

紹邁 for male, 霞皎 for female.
Mega Zarak
Grand Tutor of Wei

Unread postby Lady Wu » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:58 pm

Mega Zarak wrote:紹邁 for male, 霞皎 for female.

That's why I'm not sure it's always a good idea to let parents name their children. :lol:
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Previous

Return to The Pub