What will you name your children?

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Re: What will you name your children?

Unread postby Gabriel » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:13 am

I named my son Isaac Oakley. Thought it sounded cool, like Tom Sawyer or Davy Crockett :mrgreen:
You don't need to go to church to be saved, and you don't need to go to rehab to get off drugs. You just need to make the right decisions.
Gabriel
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:32 pm

GuoBia wrote:Sun Fin, I'm sorry but I have to agree... You shall name your child Atticus. And if it's a girl then Scout.

Because that will be PURE WIN.

Like pure amounts of win.

I'd forgotten I'd posted in this thread... I would probably just spend my whole time vetoing my future wife's choices without offering anything constructive myself...
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:23 pm

SunXia wrote:This is something that regularly changes for me!! My cousin is pregnant and it's so exciting considering we're like sisters since she has no siblings so she was always with me!! For her we were thinking either Ronan or Eve (I wanted to nickname her Evee) but it looks like she's going to have a boyso Ronan it is or perhap something else if he doesn't look like a Ronan!!

For me:

Girls: (I love names that begins with an 'A' for girls)
Arianna - I've always loved this name and people keep telling me it doesn't exist, well I met an Arianna over the summer!!
Abigail - Another 'A' which I love, its so nice but my friend called her little one Abi so I might change that...

Boys:
Matthew - Nicknamed Mattie, but after my younger brother really, Gift of God!!
Rocco - No idea what it means but I saw it in a book once and loved it!!

Wow, already over two years ago, time does fly in SoSZ!! She’s pregnant again which is so cute!! Ronan ended up in the pan and the child got names Caolan instead which is an Irish name pronounce Kee-Lan, not my favourite name but hey!!
Me?? Unlikely that kids will be on the cards for me!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby vvill79 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:31 pm

My kids are named Jason Patrick and Melissa Daphne, I think years ago I liked the names Brandon, Connor, Audrey and Shannon which are still okay but for various reasons my tastes migrated a bit. My son's chinese name is 海岳, I haven't got one for my daughter yet.
vvill79
Initiate

Unread postby Shen Ai » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:54 am

I never thought of any Korean names that would be good, but here's some Western names I like.

Males - Christian, Mearik, Zane, Atticus, Richard, and William.

Female - Alexis and Kristina.

Though I would probably choose Korean names. My parents would probably help in that regard.
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Wei has no more famous commanders, Shen Ai takes lead of the vanguard!

Even a commoner on the street knows what Shen Ai is thinking!
Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby WeiWenDi » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:53 am

My girlfriend and I finally agreed that if we have kids, we'd name a boy Charles or Charlie (Chinese 君睿; she doesn't like 查理) and a girl Hannah (no Chinese name decided yet).
Some more blood, Chekov. The needle won't hurt, Chekov. Take off your shirt, Chekov. Roll over, Chekov. Breathe deeply, Chekov. Blood sample, Chekov! Marrow sample, Chekov! Skin sample, Chekov! If I live long enough... I'm going to run out of samples.
WeiWenDi
Hedgehog Emperor

Unread postby SapphireKirby » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:51 am

I don't want children, but if I had any I'd name them Mario and Luigi.

Even if they were girls.
"Be vigilant! Be vigilant! If an evil is minor, resist it nonetheless. If a good deed is trifling, perform it all the same. Only wisdom and virtue can truly win men's devotion." - Liu Bei's testament (Chapter 85, p. 1012)
SapphireKirby
Apprentice

Unread postby GuoBia » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:01 pm

SapphireKirby wrote:I don't want children, but if I had any I'd name them Mario and Luigi.

Even if they were girls.

YEAHHHHHH MAN! If this was a facebook status I'd like it.

But aren't you worried that little Luigi's going to have a horrible inferiority complex? : (
Guo run! Guo run!!!!
GuoBia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby TooMuchBaijiu » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:51 pm

There was this guy who had two sons, Winner and Loser. Yes, those were their names. Loser turned into a successful New York detective, and Winner became a petty crook. That said, I'd be more worried about Mario.

And if I was going to give two daughters with gender-bending names, it would be Ryu and Ken.
I don't write fanfic, but if I did it would involve Zhou Yu and Zheng He fighting to win the heart of Lai Choi San. Then I'd make them join forces to fight Ming the Merciless, who secretly works for Master Li. I'd squeeze Lu Bu in there somehow.
TooMuchBaijiu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby epaminondas146871 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:19 pm

SunXia wrote:Me?? Unlikely that kids will be on the cards for me!!

Why not?

I've always felt Greek names are cool. Hector, Nicanor, Cassander, Pelopidas, Parmenion ... Epaminondas.
"Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all." - Alexander

"The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche
epaminondas146871
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub