Least favourite chore

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Re: Least favourite chore

Unread postby Patricoo » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:38 pm

Toilets. Anything on that topic.
"Yey and did Fonzi downstairs cometh from his apartment from above the garage. And sayeth he, 'Reassembeleth will I, the pieces of my motorcycle, though I suffereth from temporary blindness. And yey for I am holy. Amen."
Patricoo
Langzhong

Unread postby Lulu » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:23 pm

I've thought about this since the topic started and, observed as I'm cleaning what chore I hate the most. Hands down, it is the fish tank. Good thing we have goldfish and they are very hardy, as I must say I do procrastinate a bit (lot) in this area. I have one of those siphons to get the water out (I usually take half out) But hauling the bucket up the stairs to dump it every time it gets full :( Then of course getting the new water... which isn't as bad, the bucket I have for that isn't so big, so it's not as hard to carry. And cleaning the filter......Oh, do I hate taking that apart yucky, yucky, yucky!!!!!
Wu, Shu, and Wei videos made with much love.
5 posts down http://the-scholars.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13461 Enjoy :)
Lulu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lady Wu » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:35 pm

This summer we took my grandma and her friend to the Vancouver Aquarium. As we were discussing the entrance fee, my grandma's friend remarked, "It's not expensive at all, when you consider how many fish tanks they have to clean!" :lol:
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby James » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:01 am

Lulu wrote:I've thought about this since the topic started and, observed as I'm cleaning what chore I hate the most. Hands down, it is the fish tank.

Ah-hah! You just uncovered one of my least favorite chores. Now I've finally got a decent answer to the discussion. I, too, put off the great cleaning of the fish tank. It involves buckets, tracking water from one room down a hall to the bathroom, using a toothbrush to clean out tubing and a filter, replacing filters, scrubbing carbon residue out of the sink, re-filling buckets, hauling them from the kitchen to the living room (over hardwood floors), applying water conditioner, scrubbing out the top of the tank, filling the tank, re-assembling the filter, manually tweaking the filter engine to make it work (sometimes), and scooping water into it by hand to get it started. And then a shower.

And this is a chore I have to do...

Like you, I put it off at times. I'm two weeks past due right now... :oops:

Lady Wu wrote:This summer we took my grandma and her friend to the Vancouver Aquarium. As we were discussing the entrance fee, my grandma's friend remarked, "It's not expensive at all, when you consider how many fish tanks they have to clean!" :lol:

:lol:
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Lady Wu » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:16 pm

English_Druid wrote:I loath ironing. It's probably the most frequent and banal of chores. I hate it so much that I put it off until the very last minute (literally, I iron the clothes I intend to wear each morning). Not only is it blatantly obvious when your bad at it (as I am), or when you didn't quite let the iron warm up enough, but its made overly complicated by the legions of different materials, steam and heat levels for each clothing item!! Quickly, someone invent clothes that are immune to creases.

I had wanted to mock you for not getting wrinkle-proof clothes, or having the obligation to wear pristinely-pressed clothes.

And then I just got a blouse to wear to interviews.

I suck at ironing so much.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

Unread postby Lulu » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:44 am

James wrote:Ah-hah! You just uncovered one of my least favorite chores. Now I've finally got a decent answer to the discussion. I, too, put off the great cleaning of the fish tank. It involves buckets, tracking water from one room down a hall to the bathroom, using a toothbrush to clean out tubing and a filter, replacing filters, scrubbing carbon residue out of the sink, re-filling buckets, hauling them from the kitchen to the living room (over hardwood floors), applying water conditioner, scrubbing out the top of the tank, filling the tank, re-assembling the filter, manually tweaking the filter engine to make it work (sometimes), and scooping water into it by hand to get it started. And then a shower.

And this is a chore I have to do...

Like you, I put it off at times. I'm two weeks past due right now... :oops:

Lady Wu wrote:This summer we took my grandma and her friend to the Vancouver Aquarium. As we were discussing the entrance fee, my grandma's friend remarked, "It's not expensive at all, when you consider how many fish tanks they have to clean!" :lol:

:lol:

Hehehehe
Oh, I loathe cleaning that tank, and looking at the date of my last post, it's almost time to give the tank a little attention again :cry:
Wu, Shu, and Wei videos made with much love.
5 posts down http://the-scholars.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13461 Enjoy :)
Lulu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:18 pm

I reckon its got to be cooking, I can't do it and it just grinds on my nerves. Although saying that its not that bad if I have music blasting out that I can sing along to...
Interested in the history behind the novel? Find a list of english language Three Kingdom sources here.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:31 am

Got back to my house in Liverpool to find my friend had already cleaned the shower, I was so happy!! :huohu:

I really don't mind any other chores although I have loads of washing to do at the minute and mingled with unpacking is driving me wild since trying to get it all done at once!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Jason » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:30 pm

Mowing the lawn. Ugh. I'm not much of an outdoor person, sometimes just being out there gets me stressed and anxious nowadays. I have this constant fear that something will go hilariously wrong, and a bunch of people will gather and be like "...can't even work a lawn mower?"

I need help :lol:
“I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.”

― Harun Yahya
Jason
Legendary

Unread postby Lady Wu » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:49 pm

Ezekiel wrote:Mowing the lawn. Ugh. I'm not much of an outdoor person, sometimes just being out there gets me stressed and anxious nowadays. I have this constant fear that something will go hilariously wrong, and a bunch of people will gather and be like "...can't even work a lawn mower?"

Reading that brings to mind the beginning part of Weird Al's White and Nerdy. :lol:
Lady Wu

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub