Least favourite chore

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Re: Least favourite chore

Unread postby Starscream » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:28 am

Laundry. It's not as simple as dumping the clothes into the washing machine, at least under my mom's watchful eyes. Some fabrics got to be handwashed, dark coloured clothings separated from the lighter ones, etc. This is followed by intense scrubbing, rinsing, hanging out clothes to dry, folding and ironing.

I hate laundry with a passion. :evil:
”太慢了。“
Starscream
Decepticon Air Commander

Unread postby Lady Wu » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:27 pm

Starscream wrote:Laundry. It's not as simple as dumping the clothes into the washing machine, at least under my mom's watchful eyes. Some fabrics got to be handwashed, dark coloured clothings separated from the lighter ones, etc. This is followed by intense scrubbing, rinsing, hanging out clothes to dry, folding and ironing.

I hate laundry with a passion. :evil:

High five!

Except I never bother with handwashing or separating clothes by colour...
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby SunXia » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:32 pm

I dyed a pair of my pink thongs, that was part of a lovely set, a dark ugly shade of...something!!
Ugh, haven't used the washer in a while so I'll put it down to short term inexperience and dye the brazzier as well so they match again lol!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Shi Tong » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:32 am

:shock:

I think my least favorite chore is washing up.

It's not that it's actually primarily more annoying than any other chore, but it's that it takes me so long because we at our home cook nearly all of our foods rather than buying anything which is convinient.

I enjoy cooking though.

When I have a dishwasher then things will change (and I'm going to get one sooOOON!), I'll probably dislike.. err.. laundry the most- the folding up and putting away of clothes does take time, especially when you dont have enough space to put the clothes once washed- they end up in a pile on the floor- and I hate floors with cr*p all over them. :wink:
Shi Tong
Stupid Egg of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lady Wu » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:26 pm

And one of the worst parts of laundry is doing sheets! It's way too much physical exertion for me to make the bed AND re-insert the duvet into the cover. Because the duvet always gets tangled up inside the cover and you have to juggle all the corners you've done already. Such a pain!
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

Unread postby James » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:45 pm

Lady Wu wrote:And one of the worst parts of laundry is doing sheets! It's way too much physical exertion for me to make the bed AND re-insert the duvet into the cover. Because the duvet always gets tangled up inside the cover and you have to juggle all the corners you've done already. Such a pain!

I'm personally wondering if my duvet is safe to throw into the washer. :lol:
I thought it might be safe to toss a pillow into the washer. That was a mistake. :lol:
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Shi Tong » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:19 am

Duvets.. actually not as bad as you think, it's all in the wrist.. (..?)

Basically, put your cover inside out, then put your hands inside the inside out cover and into the furthest left and right corners.

Then grab two corners of the duvet, lift it up and shek the cover on.

I always find this works.

God I'm sad. :lol:
Shi Tong
Stupid Egg of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Aine Friuin » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:20 pm

My least fav chore is definately cleaning the bathroom! I loathe it! I will clean any other room in the house but not the bathroom! I leave it to other my other housemates!
Never frown, even if you're sad, because you never know who is falling in live with your smile
Aine Friuin
Apprentice

Unread postby SunXia » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:11 pm

Right now my least favourite chore is getting out of bed and getting upstairs or downstairs!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:26 pm

Sun Fin wrote:I reckon its got to be cooking, I can't do it and it just grinds on my nerves. Although saying that its not that bad if I have music blasting out that I can sing along to...

Now I have to do this daily at university I can eliminate the 'reckon' from that quote. It is without a doubt my least favourite chore.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub