What are your three favourite pokemon?

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Re: What are your three favourite pokemon?

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:05 pm

Hmmm...

Charizard: is still my favourite starter, I severely doubt we'll get a Pokémon that I like as much as I do him.

Mightyena/Houndoom: I know this is a bit of a cop out as they are different Pokémon but I love the dark dogs so much and I don't want to use up my 2nd and 3rd slot on both of them!

Lucario, yeah in case you can't tell I like dogs.
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby MhiHayoli » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:22 pm

Oh... hard question :shock: I have too many favourites XD

Well, if I had to choose...

1. Gyarados (Bishop) - Gyarados was always one of my most favourite ones :) Its one of my strongest in every Pokemon game till this day - and his name never changed since then XD

2. Glaceon (Mhi Hayoli) - I like the Eevee Evolutions, but Glaceon is my favourite of them all :) I find it so graceful and cute ^-^ And I named it Mhi Hayoli, because it was a timid female type :)

3. Squirtle (Cao Ren) - The name explains itself XD Its defense is overkill if you train it right. I loved this Pokemon from the very start. I always took it as my Starter Pokemon in the first games and I never even tried using a different. I just couldn't :3
"I do not speak to change minds. I do not trust in the sweetening lies you speak with false dignity. I care nothing for your worldly treasures and pity you all for you need them to feel value in life."
-LordBloodySoul-
MhiHayoli
Assistant

Location: I am now traveling with Lord Lu Bu, Tao and Umi Mari in search for a new home base.

Unread postby Jordan » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:05 pm

Escavalier, Chatot and Kangaskhan are my three favorite Pokemon currently. They are pretty crappy Pokemon, but I love the concepts behind them. There are a lot of others I really like as well. I always thought Vulpix was the cutest thing in the world.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Aaron.K » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:40 pm

This is actually a tough question to answer because I like a lot more than just three pokemon.

I'd say the my three favourites of all time would be:

Charizard
Ursaring
Honedge

For my three favourites in my current playthrough (doing a run through of Black Version 2):

Kingdra
Scizor
Excadrill
"Don't trust anyone. Never sit with your back to an entrance. Wear shoes with reversed footprints."
Also, check out my forum. A general history board called: The History Room
Aaron.K
Sage

Unread postby Senshi-Tien » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:58 pm

I'm strictly Gen 1-2 when it comes to Pokemon. I like the newer games, but none of the new pokemon really stick to my mind.

My favorite would have to be

Venusaur (My loyal warrior and companion throughout my Pokemon Red days)
Mr. Mime (I've always had a soft spot for Mr. Mime.)
Lugia (Ever since Pokemon Silver, I always preferred Lugia over Ho-Oh)
Senshi-Tien
Tyro

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:20 am

All oldies, but all goodies.

Scyther
Pinsir
Blastoise
Oh my my, oh hell yes, your gettin buried in your party dress.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby dymlos timbre » Fri May 09, 2014 11:56 pm

i cant believe this has gone 5 pages without the mention of Gengar! my absolute favorite poke.
Here is my list.

1. Gengar obviously, he strikes me as a pokemon who i would get along with the most.

2. Mamoswine. He is awesome!! and was a welcomed evolution when he was first announced.

3. Charizard. this one is pretty common but like so many others charmander was the first starter for me so he always gives me nostalgia.
dymlos timbre
Scholar

Unread postby MarileneRiddle » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:11 am

I can go all the way for a top 100 (yes I am still playing the franchise, cannot wait for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire). But if it is my top 3:
1. Gyarados. It is altogether AWESOME. I've made it one of my team in every single game and it regularly comes up tops for me. Plus it is based on the Chinese legend of a carp becoming a dragon, which is pretty cool.

2. Reshiram: It is a beautiful looking thing for one. So demure and yet it can stand toe to toe with the monstrous Zekrom. Plus I loved Black and White's storyline too much to not have one of the mains as my favourite.

3. Eevee: I love every eevee-lution, so I got to have the mother of them all as a top favourite. It is especially adorable when interacting with it on Pokemon-Amie (Pikachu is plenty cute too, but I just give Eevee the edge).

That said, this list may well change come end of this year...
节操的操,嘉礼的嘉
权力的权,蒙骗的蒙
MarileneRiddle
Tyro

Unread postby James » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:52 pm

Gyarados: because I like fish, and Magikarp is just cool.

Metagross: because awesome and kickass. I actually have a plastic Metagross somewhere—probably in a box. When you press down on him he says 'Metttaaaaaa'... and something else.

Zigzagoon: because it's cute. In one of the first versions I played I caught one early on and named it Zig. On the other versions I've played where I picked one up I always wound up evolving it and using it for a while. I even went so far as to try and breed an excellent one in... Emerald. Or Pearl. I forget.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Deej » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:07 am

Wow this is an extremely difficult question, I have at least 10 stand outs but I'll try to narrow it down. To go easy on myself I'll be classing an evolution chain as one :P :-

1. Growlithe/Arcanine, this is the easy one. I always have one and they're always my 'main'.

2. Scyther/Scizor, I'm not as fond of Scizor as I am of Scyther. The guys got scythes for hands.... SCYTHES INSTEAD OF HANDS.

3. Froakie/Frogadier/Greninja, has kind of hit me in the sweet spot by playing on my love of ninja.

Honourary mentions to Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard, Pikachu/Raichu (mainly Raichu) and Gengar.
Deej
Initiate

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub