If you could make a movie, what would it be??

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Re: If you could make a movie, what would it be??

Unread postby Liao Ce » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:39 am

This is a cool thread.
I've often thought it would be cool to write movies. I love to create stories, but I suck at writing. I come up with complex stories that I think are good, but when ever I try to write them like a book, it's just terrible. It would be soooo much easier to just be able to come up with the stories and write scripts rather that actual books. But I don't guess I'll ever get that chance. But I have so many stories that I think would make awesome movies. Most movies these days just suck. Or their remakes/prequels. They need to hire me to write for them. :lol:
Liao Ce
Academic

Unread postby TooMuchBaijiu » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:25 am

I'd like to do a film adaptation of The Sandman. How hard could it be? Take one of the storylines, stay faithful to the source material. I think it would actually be pretty innovative-Gaiman relied more on fantasy and dialogue than huge action scenes. Not that I'd be adverse to spicing things up just a little...

Also, a couple years back I wrote a "script" for a graphic novel about a girl who was Shanghaied into a rebel army as a child soldier after watching her family murdered before her very eyes and gets sold to the Russian Mafia to work as an assassin to protect the life of her daughter and so on. I could never find anyone to draw it for me, though, and one day I saw a preview for Colombiana at the theater and I was left in a sputtering rage. It was like a bad version (or perhaps a good version) of my work laid right before me. Really took the piss out of me, it did.

That ever happen to anybody here? Get a good idea, just to see someone else make a fortune because he actually figured out a way to make it come to life?
I don't write fanfic, but if I did it would involve Zhou Yu and Zheng He fighting to win the heart of Lai Choi San. Then I'd make them join forces to fight Ming the Merciless, who secretly works for Master Li. I'd squeeze Lu Bu in there somehow.
TooMuchBaijiu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shen Ai » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:43 pm

I would so remake the Count of Monte Cristo. They butchered it. And remake Queen of the Damned, Jamaica Inn and make a film on Sikh history.
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Wei has no more famous commanders, Shen Ai takes lead of the vanguard!

Even a commoner on the street knows what Shen Ai is thinking!
Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:00 pm

Skyrim...definitely.
Doom was created because of the famous fps after all.
Do what you believe is right and don't be distracted by praises or insults.
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby MhiHayoli » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:24 am

If I could make a movie... Hm...

"Ages of Agony" :3

The story is about three friends discovering the greatest lie of their world in an adventure like none before (I would think XD ) Medieval Fantasy in its best :) *dreams and thinks*

Prologue
(Taken from the original novel script written by LordBloodySoul/MhiHayoli)

„Everyone knows the old tales…. Where people speak of great battles and uncounted men, who threw themselves into oblivion without hesitation… Many of them…nothing but fantasies, made up by mad minds… The desire for fame and power… . Dishonorable lies, which entertained children… To create nobility amongst peasants. But there are others. Ballads and poems were inspired by them. And one of them created Sandrès from ashes anew... And it formed to that very world, which lies now before my eyes. A legend…that everyone knows…and everyone believes. …It is the legend of a war, which did not concern us. A betrayal, whose bloody wounds had not healed ever since…and like the constant rain waters our fields with desperation. A battle, which thousands experienced and only few survived… It is the history of the black horde march. The beginning of our faith…. Our united realm… Our loyalty… Our life…

Before many tides, long before one of us could taste the sweetness of living, there sank our homeland Sandrés in the blood of innumerable wars. Raving between skies and hell and the old peoples were fought battles to the own close destruction for the favors of their Gods. Black shapes from the shallows against the radiating faces of the high spirit of our world. But a betrayal had fallow a deep gap into the battle and forced the light of the Savior back. Darkness had risen against its creator and led the brood of the emptiness against the foundation of the sky. The six remaining Gods collected themselves under the veil of the march and called their mortal children to their sides. With honor and courage the peoples gathered under the banner of the Savior. Hate and envy were driven out from their thoughts. United they tightened side by side into a last combat against the superior army of darkness. Humans, elves, dwarves, even the noble dragons followed their lords and creators plea. And from the black masses the traitor appeared. From the illusion of greed tainted, he raised his banner… He led an army from diabolic abominations and sounded the beginning of the black era. And our gods stood their ground against the army of their own brother and lord, BloodySoul. The master of all Darkness. With mourning and nostalgia the divine ones rose to the fight. His black horde of diabolical beasts, the monsters and misguided raged with hunger. They walked over his limbs towards skies and slashed themselves a bloody swath corridor through the numbers of his siblings and their mortal children. Lives around lives perished in their arms. Mortal like immortal ones faded away. Tears penetrated the wasteland underneath their wings. And with a resounding from pain and suffering, the all father sang and emerged from his heavenly shrine. Agony…. His spirit lay like a white mirror over our world. Stars, moons and sun were covered in his glorious light, so one says. His voice let demons and devil break out in suffer drowned singing. And his hand brought an end to the war. He smashed the blighted shape of his former son and sounded a renewed peace on Sandrés. A peace, which is disturbed only by the remaining dark brood of the former master of the darkness. Wars, which we fight now for our Gods, in order to take the burden of our all father. Agony…, who bathed in the far star seas, still watching from the distance and protecting us…

I knew these narrations…. , Each line and each verse…. And it never came to me….nevertheless…simply to think…. To analyze… Until I met him…. The messenger of my fate…. My faded… forgotten part, which could never ask… for the “why”. That was silent…. Until today…

I love writing fantasy novels :3
"I do not speak to change minds. I do not trust in the sweetening lies you speak with false dignity. I care nothing for your worldly treasures and pity you all for you need them to feel value in life."
-LordBloodySoul-
MhiHayoli
Assistant

Location: I am now traveling with Lord Lu Bu, Tao and Umi Mari in search for a new home base.

Previous

Return to The Pub