Fashion and you

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Re: Fashion and you

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:14 am

Sun Fin wrote:How do you all feel about Onsies?

I suppose that depends on what a "onsie" is. Stateside, we call onsies those little outfits babies where. At least that is what I'm familiar with when I hear the term "onsie".

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:08 am

Zhuanyong wrote:

I suppose that depends on what a "onsie" is. Stateside, we call onsies those little outfits babies where. At least that is what I'm familiar with when I hear the term "onsie".

Hmm, so yes they are what I'm referring to sort of. However in Britain it has become a bit of a craze at late for people to buy adult size suits and wear them out and about in public. For example I own a tiger one.
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ayame » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:21 am

I haven't really followed 'trends' since I was a kid. I just find colours/ styles I like, and wear those.
Ayame
Academic

Unread postby SunXia » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:07 pm

Onesies....naw not viable for me I wouldn't be able to get out of one in time before bodily functions took over!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Huang Bob » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:47 am

SunXia wrote:Onesies....naw not viable for me I wouldn't be able to get out of one in time before bodily functions took over!!

That's why they make trap doors for the rear!
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
Huang Bob
United Abominations

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:23 am

Sun Fin wrote:
Zhuanyong wrote:

Hmm, so yes they are what I'm referring to sort of. However in Britain it has become a bit of a craze at late for people to buy adult size suits and wear them out and about in public. For example I own a tiger one.

I would love to see that in picture form. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if people over here start wearing them. All you need is the right celebrity to wear one on an awards show or interview. I would wear it around the house as pajamas, but not in public.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:06 am

Huang Bob wrote:
SunXia wrote:Onesies....naw not viable for me I wouldn't be able to get out of one in time before bodily functions took over!!

That's why they make trap doors for the rear!

Trap doors....yeah I would never ever use a trap door I find the very idea silly, I prefer clothing to be far away from anything I am doing in the bathroom, less germs that way and just less gross!!

EDIT: Just realized people actually consider wearing those things in public, onesies are pajamas and will always look like pajamas!! I wouldn't be seen dead with someone walking around in a onesie unless it was Halloween or another dress up party, otherwise they look like they have just rolled out o bed and made no effort!! Of course, that is not a new craze in working class areas, I do consider the pajama look to be frowned upon, there's house-wear then there's outdoor-wear!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Unread postby Sun Fin » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:59 am

I mainly use mine as PJ's but its a ready made costume so it sees day light occasionally. I'll post a pic up for you at some point Yong but I think I left it in Lampeter and I'm travelling back to Essex for my (early) Easter break.
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:48 am

I knew they were PJs!!

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Unread postby Ayame » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:05 am

People used to come in one please where I worked in pajamas. Or an 'outfit' that looked like sleep/ lounge wear.
Ayame
Academic

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub