What's your favorite dinner?

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Unread postby Lexus Fiend » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:07 pm

Well, tonight I'm teaching my girl (who is from Georgia) how to cook sausage and chicken Jambalaya. She still has problems differentiating gumbo from jambalaya, the easy way to remember is that the former is eaten with a spoon, the latter with a fork :wink:

This stuff is going to be fiyah! I've got jalapeno peppers to include with the chicken and sausage, and I'm going to be adding a bit of Louisiana Hot Sauce (it's a brand), and some red peppers to go along with the plethora of other seasoning I'm throwin in there. Wish I could share with you all!
-Devin aka LuckyD
*Neighborhood Superstar*
"Street smarts on the level of a Harvard degree."
Lexus Fiend
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shi Tong » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:43 pm

I've just spent 3 hours with a customer and he stayed way over lunch time so I'm starving now.

Send me some in the post! :lol: :lol:
Shi Tong
Stupid Egg of Shen Zhou

Re: What's your favorite dinner?

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:32 am

5th: Sausage and bacon sandwitch. Something that I've learnt to appreciate since I got to university. Simple to cook and very tasty!

4th: Full English Breakfast (minus most of it). There's little I enjoy more than a fry up but being fussy there's a lot which I won't eat in your tradional breakfast. What it comes dowm to are 4 things that HAVE to be there... Sausage, bacon, egg and most importantly FRIED BREAD.

3rd: Steak and... more steak. Sirloin steak, medium rare, the more there is the better. If I have to eat chips with it then it wasn't big enough. Largest I've had was a 24oz steak, needless to say no chips were needed with that beast/whole cow.

2nd: Roast Beef dinner. Yeah. Enough said. If on the side it has Yorkshire Pudding (a lot of-prefebaly a whole plat of them), Roast Potato's, carrots and peas I'm happy. If Pigs in blankets are added I'm ecstatic.

1st: Toad in the Hole. It doesn't get better than Yorkshire Pudding and sausage.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:43 am

I would say --
Roasted Lamb Chops (seasoned with a blend of curry and other herbs) with a side of --

Herb Roasted Potatoes
or
Split Pea (or Lentil) Soup over rice

Outside of that, I enjoy Baked Ziti and Lasagna almost equally though I eat Spaghetti & Meatballs more than either.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Harimau » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:45 am

Karaage-Don!

Sooo fattening, but oh so comforting...
If I'm posting here, it means I'm procrastinating.
Harimau
Shangshu Ling

Unread postby TooMuchBaijiu » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:49 am

Crab wontons and Goldschlager, mother!#$ers. Fattening. Decadent. Glorious.
I don't write fanfic, but if I did it would involve Zhou Yu and Zheng He fighting to win the heart of Lai Choi San. Then I'd make them join forces to fight Ming the Merciless, who secretly works for Master Li. I'd squeeze Lu Bu in there somehow.
TooMuchBaijiu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Iain » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:18 am

Halibut and chips. My all-time favorite sea food. ^^
Iain
Lord of Nanchang

Previous

Return to The Pub