SoSZ-addicts Anonymous

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Are you addicted to SoSZ?

I need to be on SoSZ ALL DAY!
9%
I need my daily fix, preferrably several times a day.
37%
One shot a day is good enough.
13%
I suffer withdrawal symptoms if I'm away for over a day.
4%
I suffer withdrawal symptoms if I'm away for over a week.
6%
I use SoSZ casually.
15%
I only log in when I have nothing else to do and am bored out of my mind.
4%
I'm trying to kick the habit. Don't tempt me!
1%
I've successfully quit, and am just here to rub it in your faces.
10%

Total votes : 68

Unread postby Harimau » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:50 pm

Lady Wu wrote:Forget about getting off work. I'm sometimes on SoSZ while at work. :oops:

/me can sympathize, although its with a different forum.

I used to be addicted to this place too, but somehow i've managed to wean myself to only coming only on the weekends...
If I'm posting here, it means I'm procrastinating.
Harimau
Shangshu Ling

Unread postby Liu Yuante » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:22 pm

I was torn between preferably multiple times a day and one shot a day being good enough, since I don'tknow that I need to come here 5x a day but I do want to, so I chose the former. I like this place; it encourages my nicer aspects. I do have a side of me that is not nice, and not in the way that one would usually think as mean or nasty, but rather a sort of virtuous verbal vitriol that I have never unleashed here and have never felt the need to. No matter how deeply I debated or debate with anyone none of you have ever really seen me amped and angry. And that is good - this place encourages peace, much like a Zero Room*, and that is one reason I like to visit so often.

But like I said, this place encourages peace for me. I don't so much feel as if I am surrounded by people who are like me (though there are a couple, plus some others with whom I share a devoted interest or two) and I would say who except that kind of naming seems, like the "Who do you want to meet?" thread, somehow....inappropriate to me. But there are some people here that keep me coming back. And, maybe more importantly, no one here that would do the reverse, and keep me from coming back.

I'm also a creature of habit. Granted my message board habits usually revolve every 2-3 years and we've already passed that point here. I suspect SoSZ will be the exception to the rule. And that may very well be because despite the fact I get the feeling I really am different from most of you - and not in that cliche "everyone's unique" way - there is still no opposition to my expounding on the most esoteric subjects I can think of. Or odd hobbies most of you do not share with me. And some of them have even been successful, like Comic Books, Doctor Who and Ancient Chinese Coins.

If there is one thing my 6-year marriage - and its sudden ending (not by my choice you understand, but against my will) - has taught me is that I detest being used and am best a free spirit. If I must be fettered by the chains of work then fine, but otherwise - free. But I can't be entirely alone. I like being alone, but I have to have some kind of contact with living, breathing people. And this forum, no matter how odd I may seem, and I'm sure I get made fun of by cliques and things, maybe, or perhaps I manage to put off a little more aura of respect than that, but anyway, this forum lets me be who I am, and allows me to have that human contact I need without having to truly become dependant and reliant on someone else. That there are 2 or 3 of you here whom I have come to rely on in certain ways, well, that is another reason to stay. A special word has to go out to James who has been more supportive, helpful and encouraging than I have ever had any right to deserve.

So yes, I come here often, post once or twice a day, and read most of the new threads. I would hate for it to go away.

Adrian

*http://www.answers.com/topic/list-of-doctor-who-items
Liu Yuante
绯红王

Unread postby Ricky » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:30 am

Ezekiel wrote:Hey...how is this Anonymous??

Well when usually post I'm a hidden member. Well, maybe not later. I haven't been an addict for a bit know. But perhaps I will be for a at least three months. Just like I was around may.
First upload.
All hail to the lord!

Huo Hu
Ricky
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Frank » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:43 pm

I think I used to be, but I haven't been on here in a really long time.
So, I'm not addicted to it anymore, but I still like it.
And all of you fine guys and gals! :D
/b/lackup has arrived.
Frank
Florida’s Finest

Unread postby Rakoru Hiryuu » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:13 pm

I'm here like 3 or 4 times a day. I don't know the 3k enough to enter in most of subject but I read it and sometimes posts. Hope it's like that I'll know more!
Rakoru Hiryuu
Academic

Unread postby Jebusrocks » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:20 am

Lady Wu wrote:
Vanman wrote:As soon as I get off work,

Forget about getting off work. I'm sometimes on SoSZ while at work. :oops:

:lol: I was VIEWING Sosz when you were here :lol:
It is curious that the Americans, who calculate so carefully on the possibilities of military victory, do not realize that in the process they are incurring deep psychological and political defeat.
Jebusrocks
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:38 am

Jebusrocks wrote::lol: I was VIEWING Sosz when you were here :lol:

:shock:

Now that's hardcore.

They let you do that at work??
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Baiko Arashi » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:51 am

i saw some dude go on SOSZ at work, but he didnt work there and customers arent supposed to use our computers for the internet so before i had a chance to find out who it was my manager kicked him off
eh, ill find something witty to put here later.

Nothing do your mortal soul.
Arashi Baiko
Combat: 100
Command: 85
Charisma: 75
Intelligence: 70
Baiko Arashi
Prison Warden of SoSZ

Unread postby Ricky » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:54 am

I bet that was a SoSZ guest. Was he in the log in panel?
First upload.
All hail to the lord!

Huo Hu
Ricky
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Baiko Arashi » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:19 am

couldnt tell ya
eh, ill find something witty to put here later.

Nothing do your mortal soul.
Arashi Baiko
Combat: 100
Command: 85
Charisma: 75
Intelligence: 70
Baiko Arashi
Prison Warden of SoSZ

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub