Personality Test

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Re: Personality Test

Unread postby HowSwiftThySword » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:03 pm

Hm, I often find that the cognitive functions traced to the INTJ highly correspond with my thinking process:
Ni: Introverted iNtuition: A thought is perceived, brainstorming then proceeds to draw linked ideas, after which a systematic elimination of these ideas with a net final of a coherent system of functional ideas and concepts that support and complement each other.
Te: Extroverted Thinking: An application of this system is sought in the real world. Should any idea not apply (which rarely happens, since while the thoughts are being conceived, their practical use is considered first and foremost), I return to the first step.
Fi: Introverted Feeling: Undeveloped here, I know not how to handle most of my own emotions (my EQ is very low and I can be considered emotionally immature) and I never let them interfere with my judgement/work.
Se: Extroverted Sensing: After the system is implemented, I often look for sensual feedback from the environment (such as approval from people or perhaps functionality) and then use this data to improve the system.
This can be seen in my development of home-brew RPGs, I first conceive an idea for an innovative battle system, brainstorm on ideas built upon the first one, systematically eliminate some of them based on their impracticality either in gameplay or in the complexity of the code needed to apply them (or simply if they're incoherent) [Ni phase], then I move forward to implementing that battle system [Te phase], and then skip to gathering information about if the battle system offers challenge and fun, if it runs fast enough, if it's balanced, etc...[Se phase].
Quote of the Day:

"Someday I'll strangle you with your own beard, Cao Cao!" - Dong Zhou
HowSwiftThySword
Scholar

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:12 pm

Your Type is
ENFP
Extraverted: 22
Intuitive: 50
Feeling: 25
Perceiving: 33
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand and my tumblr to see if I have reviewed it!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby WeiWenDi » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:52 pm

Your Type is
INTJ

Introverted: 89%
Intuitive: 25%
Thinking: 12%
Judging: 56%
Some more blood, Chekov. The needle won't hurt, Chekov. Take off your shirt, Chekov. Roll over, Chekov. Breathe deeply, Chekov. Blood sample, Chekov! Marrow sample, Chekov! Skin sample, Chekov! If I live long enough... I'm going to run out of samples.
WeiWenDi
Hedgehog Emperor

Unread postby agga » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:16 pm

i've always gotten INTP or equivalent on the online Kiersey-MB things.

in this case:

Introverted 89%
Intuitive 62%
Thinking 62%
Perceiving 56%
造反有理!
agga
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby fly_west » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:24 pm

I got INTP. Forgot to Copy and paste results. :P These things always give me that result. :pika: :pika: :pika:

Reminder: Never give Cao Cao a place to stay for the night and a good meal. He'll kill you and your entire family. :)
fly_west
Assistant

Unread postby Mikhail » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:29 pm

ISTJ

Introverted: 78
Sensing: 38
Thinking: 50
Judging: 78
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Unread postby Adam » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:16 pm

Introverted 56
Sensing 1
Thinking 75
Perceiving 22

Two years later and still almost exactly the same, good old predictable humanity.
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:06 am

Sun Fin wrote:Your Type is
ENFP
Extraverted: 22
Intuitive: 50
Feeling: 25
Perceiving: 33

Did a bit of reading and I'd say it got me pretty right.
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand and my tumblr to see if I have reviewed it!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shen Ai » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:13 pm

Your Type is
INFJ
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
Strength of the preferences %
44 25 12 33
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Wei has no more famous commanders, Shen Ai takes lead of the vanguard!

Even a commoner on the street knows what Shen Ai is thinking!
Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:34 pm

I've almost always gotten INTJ on these types of test especially the Meyers-Briggs version. I believe only once or twice I've gotten an ISTJ.

Oops, make that twice or thrice. Because as of today, I am an ISTJ.

Your Type is
ISTJ
Strength of the preferences %
Introverted 78
Sensing 1
Thinking 12
Judging 33

Well, that 1% in Sensing basically means that I tend to waver between the two. I suppose if there were more questions, I would have been Intuitive instead. Some of those questions that was geared towards it were redundant.

EDIT: I found this description interesting as I fall under both of these, even though I would admit I've been more of a ISTJ these days.

ISTJ wrote:The one word that best describes Inspectors is superdependable. Whether at home or at work, Inspectors are extraordinarily persevering and dutiful, particularly when it comes to keeping an eye on the people and products they are responsible for. In their quiet way, Inspectors see to it that rules are followed, laws are respected, and standards are upheld.

Inspectors (as much as ten percent of the general population) are the true guardians of institutions. They are patient with their work and with the procedures within an institution, although not always with the unauthorized behavior of some people in that institution. Responsible to the core, Inspectors like it when people know their duties, follow the guidelines, and operate within the rules. For their part, Inspectors will see to it that goods are examined and schedules are kept, that resources will be up to standards and delivered when and where they are supposed to be. And they would prefer that everyone be this dependable. Inspectors can be hard-nosed about the need for following the rules in the workplace, and do not hesitate to report irregularities to the proper authorities. Because of this they are often misjudged as being hard-hearted, or as having ice in their veins, for people fail to see their good intentions and their vulnerability to criticism. Also, because Inspectors usually make their inspections without much flourish or fanfare, the dedication they bring to their work can go unnoticed and unappreciated.

While not as talkative as Supervisor Guardians [ESTJs], Inspectors are still highly sociable, and are likely to be involved in community service organizations, such as Sunday School, Little League, or Boy and Girl Scouting, that transmit traditional values to the young. Like all Guardians, Inspectors hold dear their family social ceremonies-weddings, birthdays, and anniversaries - although they tend to be shy if the occasion becomes too large or too public. Generally speaking, Inspectors are not comfortable with anything that gets too fancy. Their words tend to be plain and down-to-earth, not showy or high-flown; their clothes are often simple and conservative rather than of the latest fashion; and their home and work environments are usually neat, orderly, and traditional, rather than trendy or ostentatious. As for personal property, they usually choose standard items over models loaded with features, and they often try to find classics and antiques - Inspectors prefer the old-fashioned to the newfangled every time.

INTJ wrote:All Rationals are good at planning operations, but Masterminds are head and shoulders above all the rest in contingency planning. Complex operations involve many steps or stages, one following another in a necessary progression, and Masterminds are naturally able to grasp how each one leads to the next, and to prepare alternatives for difficulties that are likely to arise any step of the way. Trying to anticipate every contingency, Masterminds never set off on their current project without a Plan A firmly in mind, but they are always prepared to switch to Plan B or C or D if need be.

Masterminds are rare, comprising no more than one to two percent of the population, and they are rarely encountered outside their office, factory, school, or laboratory. Although they are highly capable leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once they take charge, however, they are thoroughgoing pragmatists. Masterminds are certain that efficiency is indispensable in a well-run organization, and if they encounter inefficiency -- any waste of human and material resources -- they are quick to realign operations and reassign personnel. Masterminds do not feel bound by established rules and procedures, and traditional authority does not impress them, nor do slogans or catchwords. Only ideas that make sense to them are adopted; those that don't, aren't, no matter who thought of them. Remember, their aim is always maximum efficiency.

In their careers, Masterminds usually rise to positions of responsibility, for they work long and hard and are dedicated in their pursuit of goals, sparing neither their own time and effort nor that of their colleagues and employees. Problem-solving is highly stimulating to Masterminds, who love responding to tangled systems that require careful sorting out. Ordinarily, they verbalize the positive and avoid comments of a negative nature; they are more interested in moving an organization forward than dwelling on mistakes of the past.

Masterminds tend to be much more definite and self-confident than other Rationals, having usually developed a very strong will. Decisions come easily to them; in fact, they can hardly rest until they have things settled and decided. But before they decide anything, they must do the research. Masterminds are highly theoretical, but they insist on looking at all available data before they embrace an idea, and they are suspicious of any statement that is based on shoddy research, or that is not checked against reality.

Taken from: http://www.keirsey.com/4temps/mastermind.aspx
Last edited by Zhuanyong on Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub