Personality Test

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Unread postby Jason » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:11 am

Kong Wen wrote:I'm INFP.

My only matches on SoSZ so far are Ezekiel and Lion's Mane.

Judging by that, and that on,y I'd make a killer Admin :lol:

But seriously, us Jason's should stick together.
“I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.”

― Harun Yahya
Jason
Legendary

Unread postby TheGreatNads » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:31 am

Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
Strength of the preferences %
100 12 38 44

The first time I got ISTP, with a 1 in sensing. I took it a second time, and it says I got this. I am more satisfied with the second one. I don't really trust my own judgement enough, to know what exactly to make of the results.
TheGreatNads
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Foif » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:40 pm

INFP

33 50 25 11

I dunno if thats good or bad...But im like moderate in everything :?

EDIT: Put the numbers...
Foif
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby REMIX » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:25 pm

Your Type is
ESFP
Extraverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving
22 12 62 33

You are:

* slightly expressed extravert
* slightly expressed sensing personality
* distinctively expressed feeling personality
* moderately expressed perceiving personality

....so many big words. I have no idea whats going on
REMIX
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kong Wen » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:06 am

foif wrote:INFP...

I spoke too soon. Zeke and Andy, we got another one.
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:06 am

TheGreatNads wrote:Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
100 12 38 44

The first time I got ISTP, with a 1 in sensing. I took it a second time, and it says I got this. I am more satisfied with the second one. I don't really trust my own judgement enough, to know what exactly to make of the results.

It looks like your Sensing and iNtuition scores are both low, so you're probably just at the cusp, using equally your senses and intuition in figuring out daily happenings. It's not good or bad, nor should you feel the need to be one of the other.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Adam » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:14 am

Adam Sisemore wrote:Introverted 44
Sensing 1
Thinking 62
Perceiving 56

Introverted 67
Sensing 25
Thinking 50
Perceiving 56

I actually thought it woulda changed a bit more than it did...maybe this test is actually decent afterall.
Plus it's been an entire month.
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lexus Fiend » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:58 pm

Kristina wrote:
Pssh. .And to think you used to hate me. . . :lol:

Whaaat? I never hated you, I don't hate anyone here at all, we just got off to a bad start with some touchy subjects.

I guess we're still the only two ENFP's here!
-Devin aka LuckyD
*Neighborhood Superstar*
"Street smarts on the level of a Harvard degree."
Lexus Fiend
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Liu Yuante » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:00 pm

Lady Wu wrote:I had to learn to make eye contact and smile. I'm more used to acting as an extrovert now, but it's still a learned behaviour, and not something I'd do naturally.

Curiously enough, the INTJ personality description makes mention of some introverted individuals manufacturing a false veneer of "normal" social interaction for the purpose of dealing with others. Of course, you're not an INTJ, but I would think this sort of thing could broadly be applied to many introverts.

Lady Wu wrote:If so, why is the list of "famous INTJs" much longer than the INTP list?

(I've finally convinced myself that I'm INTP rather than INTJ.)

Two possibilities - 1) Many, if not all, of the persons included in such lists, even ones currently alive, may never have taken such a test. Certainly anyone who lived and died before the early 20th Century never would have taken this test and so these are nothing more than educated guesses. And I don't know how likely it is that if, for example, chevy Chase had taken this classic test that the makers of this quiz would have access to the results. I doubt celebrities issue press releases along those lines.

2) I'm just plain wrong/mistaken in that assertion. I seemed to have recalled reading that statement in the analysis of the type on a duplicate of this test found at a different website, but they could be wrong, or I could be mistaken.

3) Oh and one should also keep in mind that a list of "famous people" is not a rigorously executed statistical analysis test. In other words, famous people are a small sebsect of the entire population and given the limited info presented there's no way of knowing whether the sample size is large enough or if this crosses the threshold for statistical significance. If anyone would like to run a correlation and regression analysis that'd be cool.

Lexus Fiend wrote:I'm not surprised either at the surplus of introverts here. I just find it hard to believe I am that much more extroverted than anyone else here. Some people here are more out-spoken than I am, among other things like that.

Sure, I'm an extrovert. But I definitely have to get my alone time, the time where I can kick back by myself and play some games or just watch TV. It just so happens I party and socialize a lot, and always will. I would not ever have it any other way, I'm going to have fun til the day I die.

Also, "Dork central" is a bit harsh, no? :lol: Partially true, but a bit harsh still :wink: I've been to much more nerdy forums than this, beleive it or not.

Before I comment further let me preface by saying that none of the following is meant as any kind of argument, nor is any hostility indicated, nor am I questioning your conclusions or thoughts - you may well be right and I may well be becoming senile at an early age.

Online post counts or out-spokeness is not, i think, a good assessment in this case. Last I checked I'm the 32nd most numerous poster in the history of the forum. However, in real life I speak very little except when I have to (my job) and cannot stand having house visitors or the like. If I remember correctly, James indicated in his post about Grocery Shopping that he always uses the self-checkout to avoid contact with cashiers, etc - same as me, actually. This is definitely introvert behavior. And Lady Wu has admitted to being a definite introvert. Both of them are in the top five for posts ever on the forums. So, we can be outspoken online - the internet often being an antitode to introversion in some ways because we can maintain our solitude irl despite interacting with others electronically.

Additionally, because of the primary subject matter of SoSZ people will speak out more about these things even if they are introverts because these are frequent, if stereotypical, pasttimes of the introverted. That is what I based my judgement on - not how many posts people make or how out-spoken they are, but the kinds of subjects and hobbies they seem to espouse and also from snippets of their own behavior they have revealed themselves.

Also, when I call SoSZ Dork Central I do not mean that in a derogatory way - dork is traditionally considered an insult, but the things it usually stands for - erudition, reading, technology, video games, - are things i consider huge positives. I love SoSZ so much precisely because of its embrace of "nerdy" things. Of course people are not cardboard cutouts and as you know I have a great love for certain sports, but that is simply another plus - here, I can interact "safely" with persons with whom I might not interact with at all in real life due to my introversion.

Adrian
Last edited by Liu Yuante on Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Liu Yuante
绯红王

Unread postby Cloud Strife » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:36 pm

Your Type is
ISFP
Introverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving
11 50 25 11
Cloud Strife
Scholar

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub