I Got Banned!

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Unread postby Shadowlink » Fri May 04, 2007 12:24 pm

:lol: im a good boy. I just ask for anime and they banned me since the rule is no asking XD. Simrtk is weird and seedgenesis was weird
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby Patricoo » Fri May 04, 2007 1:19 pm

Online I have a pretty fair history.

I've been banned from Runescape. Twice. Both on illegitmate grounds. Someone was trying to get passwords, and I started to say the same thing, except I was kidding. Making fun of him. I used an E-mail that didn't exist. Someone thought I was serious and I got banned.

The second time someone just lied about me.

I got banned from a game called Race War Kingdoms. That was my fault. I basicly rigged everyone in every way.

In my life, I got banned from a Garden Golf and Go-Karts. We were... pretty loud... and mean.... and... well... yea we deserved it. ha!
"Yey and did Fonzi downstairs cometh from his apartment from above the garage. And sayeth he, 'Reassembeleth will I, the pieces of my motorcycle, though I suffereth from temporary blindness. And yey for I am holy. Amen."
Patricoo
Langzhong

Unread postby Tigger of Kai » Fri May 04, 2007 2:53 pm

sternfannetwork.com, the largest Howard Stern fan site, is notorious for its flaky moderators who ban people arbitrarily. They've never banned me, b/c I don't go there. Who would? There are much better places to talk about the show.

On many BitTorrent sites you will be banned or given a hard time if the other users feel you aren't sharing properly. They will accost you if your "ratio" (uploads-to-downloads) isn't high enough for their liking. I don't know where those people get off, since they're all pirates anyway. They can be more of a nuisance than the RIAA anti-piracy police.
Mithril! The dwarves tell no tales. But just as it was the foundation of their wealth, so also it was their destruction. They delved too greedily and too deep, and disturbed that from which they fled.
Tigger of Kai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mei » Fri May 04, 2007 2:56 pm

Tigger of Kai wrote:On many BitTorrent sites you will be banned or given a hard time if the other users feel you aren't sharing properly. They will accost you if your "ratio" (uploads-to-downloads) isn't high enough for their liking. I don't know where those people get off, since they're all pirates anyway. They can be more of a nuisance than the RIAA anti-piracy police.

Oh, I didn't know this!
I better start uploading. And fast!
Mei
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Fri May 04, 2007 3:34 pm

I’ve been banned from a few forums over the years. Mostly because I tend to be the outspoken person when I see some sort of corruption and I eventually begin to cause enough trouble that the administrators sweep me under the rug rather than deal with me. That, and I’m the guy that argues with the veteran 20k post fellow who cannot, under any circumstance, be wrong. More often than not I don’t stick around long enough to get banned, or they decide I’m not a horrible person in the end and welcome me.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby SunXia » Fri May 04, 2007 3:47 pm

You've also been banned from here!! :wink:
But we overcame those that did that lol!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Baiko Arashi » Fri May 04, 2007 3:51 pm

does that mean I win?
eh, ill find something witty to put here later.

Nothing do your mortal soul.
Arashi Baiko
Combat: 100
Command: 85
Charisma: 75
Intelligence: 70
Baiko Arashi
Prison Warden of SoSZ

Unread postby Exar Kun » Fri May 04, 2007 3:54 pm

Despite my confrontational attitude, I've never been banned before.
Mafia hoods get busted all the time. The bosses know how the keep things under control. :twisted:
Till they eventually get caught and jailed of course...but thats normally really late in the game.
"Two there should be; no more, no less.
One to embody the power, the other to crave it."
-Creed of the New Sith-
Exar Kun
Dark Lord of the Sith

Unread postby James » Fri May 04, 2007 5:26 pm

Exar Kun wrote:Despite my confrontational attitude, I've never been banned before.

Even from GameFAQs? Impressive.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Glaucon » Fri May 04, 2007 5:35 pm

Online, I think I am on my fourth GameFAQs account, they are touchy and need to lighten up.

Offline, i am no longer welcome at the Outrigger Reef Hotel in Honolulu. Something about champagne and cigars in their hot-tub.
Justice is merely the advantage of the strong.
Glaucon
Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub