I Got Banned!

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Re: I Got Banned!

Unread postby SunXia » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:43 pm

Mitsunari wrote:I still can't recall if it was Baiko or myself who, after a brief PM conference between us (I do recall that), tentatively dished a flame warning out to Jimayo like he was some sort of rabid Tiger... :lol:

God-modding tut tut not allowed!!

This was something I wanted to say in the Missing Members thread but sometimes I miss the giggles but one thing I don't miss are the clicks that formed so that when a newbie did something wrong, five people jumped on a thread and the user before the Mods had a chance to do anything about it!!

Whenever I wasn't a Mod, just guided them to the right spot or placed a notification in the correct thread in the Public Council and it was sorted!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
User avatar
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess
 
Posts: 6539
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:48 pm
Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Re: I Got Banned!

Unread postby Mitsunari » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:24 pm

SunXia wrote:
Mitsunari wrote:I still can't recall if it was Baiko or myself who, after a brief PM conference between us (I do recall that), tentatively dished a flame warning out to Jimayo like he was some sort of rabid Tiger... :lol:

God-modding tut tut not allowed!!

This was something I wanted to say in the Missing Members thread but sometimes I miss the giggles but one thing I don't miss are the clicks that formed so that when a newbie did something wrong, five people jumped on a thread and the user before the Mods had a chance to do anything about it!!

Whenever I wasn't a Mod, just guided them to the right spot or placed a notification in the correct thread in the Public Council and it was sorted!!


It was more 'God-adminning', technically; I was Lead Admin on SJA and Baiko was the sole 'Global' Moderator...Jimayo had (thanks for the memory nudge, Finny!) annihilated a timid noob and we were a smidgeon ticked off, albeit reluctant to 'jab the Sleeping Tiger' as it were and issue a flame warning...lol...I hated scenarios like that, particularly when SJA was still forging a solid user-base, because it usually drove members away on two fronts: the flamed seldom returned and the flamer took exception and left for good. Bleh.

Good call on the 'clicks' btw, they're detrimental and feeble...I'd rather be profoundly unpopular than be ingratiated into any harem. This is why, these days, I find it impossible to tolerate 'clicks' in any walk of life. Who needs enemies when your allies are, invariably, stabbing you in the back at any given opportunity.
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
User avatar
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit
 
Posts: 1217
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:08 pm
Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Re: I Got Banned!

Unread postby SunXia » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:52 pm

Oh so it was not here!! My bad, apologies on that!! But yeah it was something that made my respect lower for some people when they jumped on others when they were new here and perhaps were not aware of the rules!! It is not helpful for five people to be really cheeky and mocking when one person saying "Hey I see you're new here check out the rules and here's a similar thread"!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
User avatar
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess
 
Posts: 6539
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:48 pm
Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Re: I Got Banned!

Unread postby Aaron.K » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:11 am

Mitsunari wrote:
SunXia wrote:
Mitsunari wrote:I still can't recall if it was Baiko or myself who, after a brief PM conference between us (I do recall that), tentatively dished a flame warning out to Jimayo like he was some sort of rabid Tiger... :lol:

God-modding tut tut not allowed!!

This was something I wanted to say in the Missing Members thread but sometimes I miss the giggles but one thing I don't miss are the clicks that formed so that when a newbie did something wrong, five people jumped on a thread and the user before the Mods had a chance to do anything about it!!

Whenever I wasn't a Mod, just guided them to the right spot or placed a notification in the correct thread in the Public Council and it was sorted!!


It was more 'God-adminning', technically; I was Lead Admin on SJA and Baiko was the sole 'Global' Moderator...Jimayo had (thanks for the memory nudge, Finny!) annihilated a timid noob and we were a smidgeon ticked off, albeit reluctant to 'jab the Sleeping Tiger' as it were and issue a flame warning...lol...I hated scenarios like that, particularly when SJA was still forging a solid user-base, because it usually drove members away on two fronts: the flamed seldom returned and the flamer took exception and left for good. Bleh.

Good call on the 'clicks' btw, they're detrimental and feeble...I'd rather be profoundly unpopular than be ingratiated into any harem. This is why, these days, I find it impossible to tolerate 'clicks' in any walk of life. Who needs enemies when your allies are, invariably, stabbing you in the back at any given opportunity.


I thought you gave him a flame warning because he was being particularly rude towards me.
"Why have you come to Jotunheim all alone?"
User avatar
Aaron.K
Master
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:09 am
Location: Canada

Re: I Got Banned!

Unread postby Mitsunari » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:33 am

SunXia wrote:Oh so it was not here!! My bad, apologies on that!! But yeah it was something that made my respect lower for some people when they jumped on others when they were new here and perhaps were not aware of the rules!! It is not helpful for five people to be really cheeky and mocking when one person saying "Hey I see you're new here check out the rules and here's a similar thread"!!


No probs, apology not required, if anything I tend to be apologetic for SJA and it's spectacular implosion! lol Damn you, 9D...

Yeah that twists my undies as well, SunXia, because usually the instigator is exploiting his/her favouring or good terms with an admin or mod, but then his/her acolytes wade in as well...reminds me of the cheesy scenario in gangster films, where the biiiiiig tough enforcer would be facing off against someone, and he'd have that irritating little twerp behind him echoing his every threat and waving his fists about. :lol:

Mr Aaron wrote: I thought you gave him a flame warning because he was being particularly rude towards me


Ahh, yes, I seem to recall (somewhat hazily) he crushed a noob horribly and then started being obnoxious to you mate, the blood-lust hit fever pitch with ol' Jimayo methinks. He was unpredictable at best; I liked him, he was an incredibly smart guy, but he could really go O.T.T sometimes.
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
User avatar
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit
 
Posts: 1217
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:08 pm
Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Re: I Got Banned!

Unread postby FoxWithWings » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:36 am

I got kicked from the Elder Scrolls wiki because I combated the ravings of what sounded like a 5-year-old boy with many flames and words akin to a punch in the mouth.

Certainly not one of my finer moments.
"There's no one I'd rather be, than me" -Ralph
FoxWithWings
Master
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 2:42 pm
Location: Either in a forest, or flying above it.

Re: I Got Banned!

Unread postby Qu Hui » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:25 pm

I'm amazed that I've never been banned from this forum, given my...shall we say, passionate and upfront approach to debating. Most everything else I don't participate in long enough to get banned

I've only been banned from an MMORPG for supposedly using third-party tools that violated the TOS. Because I kept getting disconnected due to my terrible internet and they somehow mistook that for me botting for levels/currency.
My avatar is Roy from Fire Emblem: Binding Blade, as he appears in Fire Emblem: Awakening
Quote of the "Day": "The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." -Neil Gaiman
User avatar
Qu Hui
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 1796
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:34 pm
Location: #SoSZ, 24/7

Re: I Got Banned!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:23 pm

Only banned once, from some dude's personal forum after he got pissed at me over some offline issue. Thought it was funny.

Did get warned here once, got into a heated argument in a thread on Current Affairs. Realized that particular sub-forum wasn't for me after that. :lol:
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
User avatar
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 3088
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 1:17 pm
Location: South Korea

Re: I Got Banned!

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:57 pm

Zyzyfer wrote:.

Did get warned here once, got into a heated argument in a thread on Current Affairs. Realized that particular sub-forum wasn't for me after that. :lol:


Whilst I read almost everything posted in CA I do tend to take the guideline on 'if you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen' seriously. I've come close to flaming several people here and I'm not proud of those lapses of judgement.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
User avatar
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 6761
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:20 pm
Location: The birthplace of radio

Re: I Got Banned!

Unread postby Ranbir » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:42 pm

From the gaming website "Eurogamer"

I got fed up with all the click-bait articles they would publish instead of reviewing games. I questioned how is it that in a time when the industry is pumping out more games than ever the quantity (and quality) of game reviews has actually decreased.

I then also told the editor to 'stfu and review some games' after he posted a tenth follow up article that was trying to click bait on the current trend of the time to simply say "Oh, maybe games are anti-girl".
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
User avatar
Ranbir
For Queen and Country
 
Posts: 8489
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2003 9:27 am
Location: Your heart. <3

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Copyright © 2002–2008 Kongming’s Archives. All Rights Reserved