I Got Banned!

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Re: I Got Banned!

Unread postby Bush Leagues » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:36 am

Sun Fin wrote:
Zyzyfer wrote:.

Did get warned here once, got into a heated argument in a thread on Current Affairs. Realized that particular sub-forum wasn't for me after that. :lol:

Whilst I read almost everything posted in CA I do tend to take the guideline on 'if you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen' seriously. I've come close to flaming several people here and I'm not proud of those lapses of judgement.

I don't mind it when I get too heated, but I usually try and step away from the topic after that. I don't usually post so much of an "I'm done"; I just click away from it. Once I notice my temper rising, I don't post again.

If I do decide to post again, I say something generally defusing and non-confrontational.
Currently playing: Android: Netrunner LCG , Shadowrun (tabletop), and Warhammer Ancient Battle.

Pan Feng can destroy this Hua Xiong! A Han Fu ROTK IX After-Action Report.
One of the best posts ever about Pan Feng.
Bush Leagues
Scholar

Unread postby Sun Fin » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:43 pm

After nearly a decade of being in the online community I've finally been banned from a site. 'Magic card market' because I stopped checking my sales, got back to discover I hadn't seen or then sent 10 orders and so they had removed my account. :lol:
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby greencactaur » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:01 pm

I uh, once got banned from a Twitch stream for asking the streamer if I could stick my toe in his ear. It was a temporary ban, but a ban none the less. I mean I thought it was funny....
greencactaur
Academic

Unread postby waywardauthor » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:51 pm

I got banned from a forum for blaming both the police and the African american community as engaging in a mutually abusive relationship on a history forum I used to frequent a while back. I made it clear that it wasn't for any racial issues or phenotypical characteristics, but that police are more likely to behave with hostility against members of the black communities and people in the black communities were less likely to obey and respond to commands from police officers due to historical and social pressures. Its very similar to Michelle Alexander's point. That didn't matter, and I got banned for it.

Funny thing is, I actually did a lot of volunteer work during this time period to help get more minority kids to go to college to help get them out of poverty.
Alone I lean under the wispy shade of an aged tree,
Scornfully I raise to parted lips a cup of warm wine,
Longingly I cast an empty vessel aside those exposed roots,
And leave behind forgotten memories and forsaken dreams.
waywardauthor
Sage

Previous

Return to The Pub