Watched any good movies recently?

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Unread postby Jason » Sat May 19, 2007 3:44 am

Yeah, it was very confusing. I had to do a lot of re-watchign and research to even find it excellent. Give it a 2nd chance I say. Or try and get your hands on the directors cut. It has little "chapters" in between scenes that show pages from the book. The pages kind of explain whats going on.
“I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.”

― Harun Yahya
Jason
Legendary

Unread postby Jebusrocks » Sat May 19, 2007 3:48 am

Just watched Battle Royale 1. I saw Battle Royale Two, (I read BR1 via manga), but at the end of BR2, I saw a glimpse of Noriko, who was so pretty I could not resist on watching BR1. Can anyone tell me who the actress is?
It is curious that the Americans, who calculate so carefully on the possibilities of military victory, do not realize that in the process they are incurring deep psychological and political defeat.
Jebusrocks
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jason » Sat May 19, 2007 3:50 am

Aki Maeda. Her sister was the short tough girl in BR2 (Ai Maeda). The girl who fought in the end with Shuya and the other guy.
“I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.”

― Harun Yahya
Jason
Legendary

Unread postby Foif » Sat May 19, 2007 3:41 pm

Ezekiel wrote:Yeah, it was very confusing. I had to do a lot of re-watchign and research to even find it excellent. Give it a 2nd chance I say. Or try and get your hands on the directors cut. It has little "chapters" in between scenes that show pages from the book. The pages kind of explain whats going on.

I rented the movie, (Directors Cut too) so i got to watch it a few times. Just sometimes i didnt have enough time to see the chapters, (they were sometimes confusing to read, with the background) so i went to Wikipedia and cleared it up after i watched it a 2nd time.
Foif
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gabriel » Sun May 20, 2007 4:46 am

Did you watch the extras with that crazy guy? If you didn't you missed out.
You don't need to go to church to be saved, and you don't need to go to rehab to get off drugs. You just need to make the right decisions.
Gabriel
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby tuffy135 » Sun May 20, 2007 5:01 am

jebusrocks wrote:Just watched Battle Royale 1. I saw Battle Royale Two, (I read BR1 via manga), but at the end of BR2, I saw a glimpse of Noriko, who was so pretty I could not resist on watching BR1. Can anyone tell me who the actress is?

:shock: Battle Royale...I have a shirt for that movie. The lead singer from the Pillows said he liked the shirt when I took a picture with them. I'm assuming because he liked the movie, and not because the shirt was form fitting on me.

When a friend of mine watched that movie, he was horrified. He hates the Christianity, but after watching it he said, "I need to take a bath...in Holy Water!" :lol:
tuffy135
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kristina » Sun May 20, 2007 5:10 am

Doppelganger!

:oops: Sorry for not editing this sooner! I forgot all about it!

OK, I actually kinna liked this movie, although the rewiew at the end of the above link gave it a generally shitty review. I could just be a sucker for teh evil-twin type thing. . .meh. . .I thought it was good!
Last edited by Kristina on Sun May 20, 2007 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kristina
Certified Zombie Killer Harlequin
Certified Zombie Killer Harlequin

Unread postby Kong Wen » Sun May 20, 2007 6:10 am

Kristina wrote:Doppelganger!

OK... care to comment?

Last night I watched Woody Allen's Match Point. It wasn't bad. Typical Woody Allen, what with the pretentious subject matter and writing, but Scarlett Johansson's character was particularly interesting (especially near the end of the film). I think Woody Allen not actually being in the film (playing Woody Allen, as usual) ended up being to the movie's benefit.

Tonight I watched Ghost World. I'd heard good things about it, but I thought it was only mediocre. The plot was kind of directionless (in that I don't quite know where the filmmakers wanted us to be by the ending) and I don't think Thora Birch's character really developed all that much. Not bad though, mainly because of my old buddy Steve Buscemi.
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Foif » Sun May 20, 2007 3:18 pm

Gabriel wrote:Did you watch the extras with that crazy guy? If you didn't you missed out.

Which crazy guy? I think i didnt watch it...
Foif
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jake » Sun May 20, 2007 4:24 pm

Now I can say that I'm crazy about DN. Watched the movie about it, nothing like anime, last year made in Japan.

Some things just made me mad. Some of the names were made all wrong, and the subs were odd's. When someone mentioned "Ruyzaki", it was spelled like "Tezuki". Can't see where that leads, but in the overall, subs went fine. The movie itself was good, but I hated when Light's actor tried to laugh insanely. It went so wrong, I wanna smack that guy in the face. Ruyk's animation in the film was fantastic, lips went exactly as I could imagine when someone speaks japanese.

But the film just stopped, before Misa gets in. It's a total new movie where she jumps in, but has it come yet? I'll leave this to you, fellow scholars.

Another thing that bugs me. In the start, Light found the notebook from street. In the manga, likewise, he found it from schoolyard. There were many changes in the original plot, and I didn't like them very much. How Light found the notebook, how Penber died, all things like that.

But yeah, still, good movie. I'll check the another one when I'll get it.
Last edited by Jake on Sun May 20, 2007 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jake
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub