Watched any good movies recently?

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Unread postby Jebusrocks » Thu May 17, 2007 2:23 am

Kristina wrote:I watched Disturbia last weekend, and Rock Star the other night. . .Both really good movies. . .

. . I had people behind me cracking up though. . .A friend I was with kept freaking out during the intense scenes (Ohmigah, ohmigah! the whole time) so I slapped her in the back of the head a few times and gave her a straw to chew on. The straw died.

ZOMIGAH! Resident Evil Extinction, this fall! (Yeah, I'm obsessed w/zombie movies)

I'm like the only kid in our school that hasn't watched Disturbia yet,,
It is curious that the Americans, who calculate so carefully on the possibilities of military victory, do not realize that in the process they are incurring deep psychological and political defeat.
Jebusrocks
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kristina » Thu May 17, 2007 2:31 am

jebusrocks wrote:I'm like the only kid in our school that hasn't watched Disturbia yet,,

It was good!

1) good soundtrack
2) lots of lovely tricks and twists in the plot

You should try to go see it, if you're into the type of movie.
Kristina
Certified Zombie Killer Harlequin

Unread postby Gabriel » Fri May 18, 2007 8:26 pm

Oldboy. Only one word can describe this movie - Wow. Definitely one of the best movies I've ever seen.
You don't need to go to church to be saved, and you don't need to go to rehab to get off drugs. You just need to make the right decisions.
Gabriel
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jason » Fri May 18, 2007 8:28 pm

Gabriel wrote:Oldboy. Only one word can describe this movie - Wow. Definitely one of the best movies I've ever seen.

I was browsing movies last night, and came across that. Whats it about?
“I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.”

― Harun Yahya
Jason
Legendary

Unread postby Marc » Fri May 18, 2007 8:30 pm

If I remember right, a man is imprisoned for years and when he gets out, goes after his captors for revenge, and it...you know...escalates from there.

Best use of a claw hammer ever.
Roses are red, violets are blue,
Omae wa mo shindeiru
Marc
Robot In Disguise
Robot In Disguise

Unread postby Gabriel » Fri May 18, 2007 8:32 pm

It's about a guy who was held captive for 15 years and then released. Then he has to find his captors. That's all I gonna tell you. Tagline's "15 years of imprisonment, five days of vengeance"

That's what my new myspace pic is from (the one that's not me). It's a great movie. You should watch it.

Marc wrote:Best use of a claw hammer ever.
Indeed :lol:.
You don't need to go to church to be saved, and you don't need to go to rehab to get off drugs. You just need to make the right decisions.
Gabriel
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kristina » Fri May 18, 2007 10:04 pm

Manic - It's about some kids that are in a mental health facility for various reasons. . .Damn good movie whne you get to sit down and watch it.

Speaking of which, what does everyone think about the Butterfly Effect? I liked the movie, but my dad hated it because he said it didnt make any sense.
Kristina

Unread postby Gabriel » Fri May 18, 2007 10:07 pm

YES!!!! Manic. Finally someone else has seen this excellent movie. What'd you think of Joseph Gordon-Levitt? This guy should skip on the comedy are start doing more serious movies like this. As for the Butterfly Effect, I liked it. Liked the real ending. The one that had to be changed for theaters. Made it much better imo.
Gabriel
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kristina » Fri May 18, 2007 10:23 pm

Gabriel wrote:YES!!!! Manic. Finally someone else has seen this excellent movie. What'd you think of Joseph Gordon-Levitt? This guy should skip on the comedy are start doing more serious movies like this. As for the Butterfly Effect, I liked it. Liked the real ending. The one that had to be changed for theaters. Made it much better imo.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt was which one? I'm not so good with the names of actors and such :oops:
Kristina

Unread postby Gabriel » Fri May 18, 2007 10:27 pm

The main character.
Gabriel
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub