Watched any good movies recently?

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Unread postby MarvelousLingTong!!!!!! » Sun May 13, 2007 5:42 pm

I watched Bubba Ho-Tep the other day it was a good movie. Besides being a comedy with Bruce Campbell as Elvis its also a drama to because in the movie Elvis is living in nursing home regreting alot of things he did in the past and that now he wishes he could do things differently. The movie has it all though really it has comedy, it has drama, and it has action.
"Nooooooooo hot sexy wife!!!" - Martin Schean
MarvelousLingTong!!!!!!
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Liu Pi » Sun May 13, 2007 7:00 pm

I saw "Smokin' Aces" a couple of days ago, not......great but not as bad as I had originally anticipated.

What was a plus was the score by Clint Mansell, I'm something of a fan of his work and was pleasantly suprised by this.
"You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one." - James A. Froude
Liu Pi
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jebusrocks » Mon May 14, 2007 9:11 pm

I saw Point Break on Sunday, it was a decent movie
It is curious that the Americans, who calculate so carefully on the possibilities of military victory, do not realize that in the process they are incurring deep psychological and political defeat.
Jebusrocks
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby MarvelousLingTong!!!!!! » Tue May 15, 2007 12:47 am

I watched Trainspotting today I think that is a really good movie. Shows how drugs affect your life and doesn't glorify them to make drugs look like they are cool.
"Nooooooooo hot sexy wife!!!" - Martin Schean
MarvelousLingTong!!!!!!
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lao Kong » Tue May 15, 2007 1:00 am

I watched 28 weeks later the day it came out... :) Amazing movie.
Lao Kong
Master

Unread postby Jebusrocks » Tue May 15, 2007 1:33 am

I just watched Lord of War, and, omfg, it's like the best Nicolas Cage movie ever
It is curious that the Americans, who calculate so carefully on the possibilities of military victory, do not realize that in the process they are incurring deep psychological and political defeat.
Jebusrocks
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gabriel » Tue May 15, 2007 4:25 am

Finally got around to watching Legend of the Overfiend. Wasn't necessarily good, as much as it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The ridiculousness of it and bad dubbing made it pretty funny. A "WTF" movie for sure.
You don't need to go to church to be saved, and you don't need to go to rehab to get off drugs. You just need to make the right decisions.
Gabriel
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mitsunari » Tue May 15, 2007 12:23 pm

Gabriel wrote:Finally got around to watching Legend of the Overfiend. Wasn't necessarily good, as much as it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The ridiculousness of it and bad dubbing made it pretty funny. A "WTF" movie for sure.

'WTF' indeed! I borrowed Legend of the Overfiend from a friend of mine, and he actually felt he had to pre-warn me about the level of...ahem...graphic aspects it had. It had an initial shock value for me, but, like you mentioned, it soon became quite humourous because of the utter absurdity of it all. Entertaining enough though.
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby Kristina » Thu May 17, 2007 2:20 am

I watched Disturbia last weekend, and Rock Star the other night. . .Both really good movies. . .

. . I had people behind me cracking up though. . .A friend I was with kept freaking out during the intense scenes (Ohmigah, ohmigah! the whole time) so I slapped her in the back of the head a few times and gave her a straw to chew on. The straw died.

ZOMIGAH! Resident Evil Extinction, this fall! (Yeah, I'm obsessed w/zombie movies)
Kristina
Certified Zombie Killer Harlequin
Certified Zombie Killer Harlequin

Unread postby Gabriel » Thu May 17, 2007 2:23 am

Kristina wrote:ZOMIGAH! Resident Evil Extinction, this fall! (Yeah, I'm obsessed w/zombie movies)
Did you see 28 Weeks Later? Looks very good.
You don't need to go to church to be saved, and you don't need to go to rehab to get off drugs. You just need to make the right decisions.
Gabriel
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub