Watched any good movies recently?

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Unread postby Mitsunari » Fri May 11, 2007 5:56 pm

urbanterrorist wrote:
Mitsunari wrote:
Shadowlink wrote: I recommend a black and white old movie call "Citizen Kane"

Absolutely! A classic movie, Shadowlink! Orson Welles was such a pioneer in his day, and this film is unmissable despite it being 67 years old.

I'm sorrow Shadowlink and Mitsunari. I hate that movie.

My former Film Studies lecturer would lay the smackdown on your ass if he heard you speak like that!! :lol: The guy had a disturbing affinity for Citizen Kane, and would not hear a bad word against it. Even polite criticisms were rebuked with red-faced fury.

So are you a Kevin Spacey fan in general, bud? :)
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby Jason » Fri May 11, 2007 6:04 pm

Me, my uncle, and his friends sat down and watched Citizen Kane one day. It's so praised, we had to.

Long story short, hated it. And don't be all "Hey man, you don't undetrstand film, and beauty!" or I'll ask you to shut your mouth nicely. I just didn't enjoy it.
“I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.”

― Harun Yahya
Jason
Legendary

Unread postby Kristina » Fri May 11, 2007 11:27 pm

Ezekiel wrote:Me, my uncle, and his friends sat down and watched Citizen Kane one day. It's so praised, we had to.

Long story short, hated it. And don't be all "Hey man, you don't undetrstand film, and beauty!" or I'll ask you to shut your mouth nicely. I just didn't enjoy it.

Hey, lighten up zeke! I'm sure no one was going to try to force you to like it, or try to tell you that you just didnt understand!
Kristina
Certified Zombie Killer Harlequin
Certified Zombie Killer Harlequin

Unread postby Gabriel » Fri May 11, 2007 11:46 pm

Yeah, Citizen Kane was pretty lame. I watched it on TCM a few weeks ago.
You don't need to go to church to be saved, and you don't need to go to rehab to get off drugs. You just need to make the right decisions.
Gabriel
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jason » Fri May 11, 2007 11:47 pm

Kristina wrote:
Hey, lighten up zeke! I'm sure no one was going to try to force you to like it, or try to tell you that you just didnt understand!

Oh yeah. I forgot that no one in this forum pushes their opinions on others.

:lol:
“I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.”

― Harun Yahya
Jason
Legendary

Unread postby Jebusrocks » Sat May 12, 2007 2:29 am

I really don't like old black and white movies such as Citizen Cane and Casa Blanca, Although Schindler's List wuz awesome.
It is curious that the Americans, who calculate so carefully on the possibilities of military victory, do not realize that in the process they are incurring deep psychological and political defeat.
Jebusrocks
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Adam » Sat May 12, 2007 2:55 am

The Hogfather was pretty good, though I'm not sure if it's qualified as a movie or a mini-series since it originally aired as such in the UK....either way it's good and movie-like enough for me to call it a movie.
Based on the Terry Prachett novel.
-亚当
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Baiko Arashi » Sat May 12, 2007 2:57 am

I'm watching the natural with robert redford in english class, i liked the book...ending was weak but the book was good, the movie seems good but it strays from the book. its more of a guideline than a theatrical adaption of a classic american novel.
eh, ill find something witty to put here later.

Nothing do your mortal soul.
Arashi Baiko
Combat: 100
Command: 85
Charisma: 75
Intelligence: 70
Baiko Arashi
Prison Warden of SoSZ

Unread postby Jebusrocks » Sat May 12, 2007 3:03 am

Adam Sisemore wrote:The Hogfather was pretty good, though I'm not sure if it's qualified as a movie or a mini-series since it originally aired as such in the UK....either way it's good and movie-like enough for me to call it a movie.
Based on the Terry Prachett novel.

u mean to Godfather?? That movie pwns all others
It is curious that the Americans, who calculate so carefully on the possibilities of military victory, do not realize that in the process they are incurring deep psychological and political defeat.
Jebusrocks
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gabriel » Sat May 12, 2007 4:24 am

I didn't like The Godfather too much. Carlito's Way, now that's a great movie.
You don't need to go to church to be saved, and you don't need to go to rehab to get off drugs. You just need to make the right decisions.
Gabriel
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub