Watched any good movies recently?

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Unread postby Kong Wen » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:23 am

SPOILERS ABOVE!

Anyway, it wasn't not supposed to be slow. It wasn't an action movie. It was a crime drama. I thought it was excellent. Very enjoyable. Excellent characters. I liked it even better than Goodfellas.
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Gabriel » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:26 am

I know it wasn't an action movie. It's just, there wasn't much to it. We knew from the beginning who the undercover guys were. With that out of the way what did we have? They threw in a twist but by then it was too late, for me. I do agree with you though about it being better than Goodfellas, but not by much.
You don't need to go to church to be saved, and you don't need to go to rehab to get off drugs. You just need to make the right decisions.
Gabriel
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Antiochus » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:27 am

I work in a video-club, so I get to watch all the movies for free. Ironically, the last movie I rented and loved was Stranger than fiction, 2 weeks ago.
Antiochus
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kristina » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:28 am

Kong Wen wrote:SPOILERS ABOVE!

Anyway, it wasn't not supposed to be slow. It wasn't an action movie. It was a crime drama. I thought it was excellent. Very enjoyable. Excellent characters. I liked it even better than Goodfellas.

ahhh, I loved Goodfellas!

I watched Rose Red earlier. . .It's far from my favorite King movie though. Mayhaps because I've read so much of him. . .There's not nearly enough movies that could be out!
Kristina
Certified Zombie Killer Harlequin
Certified Zombie Killer Harlequin

Unread postby Jedi » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:29 am

Saddly I havent seen a new movie in a While but DBZ wrath of the Dragon was awesome! thats like my 3rd favroite DBZ movie and yeah I've seen Eragon the movie.....OMG IT SUCKED SO BAD!
“A single rose can be my garden...a single friend, my world.” - Leo F. Buscaglia
Jedi
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Adam » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:47 am

I didn't really like The Departed that much either, it was a decent movie, but nothing like I keep hearing people say. I doubt I'll watch it again, unless my great grandmother takes an interest in seeing it.
-亚当
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Rhiannon » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:34 am

I watched Kitchen Stories yesterday. It's a foreign film about a researcher (studying the habits of the single male in the kitchen) who develops a friendship with his host.

It was an alright film, introspective in a few lights, but I felt the ending was very cliché and Hollywood-esque. A bit slow moving of a movie too; only worth watching if you enjoy the discussion of learning about people by developing relationships with them.
"For us to have self-esteem is truly an act of revolution and our revolution is long overdue."
— Margaret Cho
Rhiannon
Joy & Oblivion
Joy & Oblivion

Unread postby FuguNabe » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:32 am

Got around to watching the second movie of NANA. I quite enjoyed the first one however heard some camplaints of this econd film hence was hesitant to see it. It's alright just not as good as the first film. Heck was even hesitant to watch the first film as a fan of the manga. I love Nakashima Mika and her music though so I couldn't help but to go for it. Glad I did too. She represented the character Osaki Nana pretty well I must say. Not so satisfied about the second film overall though sadly.
Cynicism in my lyricism? Life has been series of questions and sessions of lessons to enhance my essence...

Knowledge is god as despite my iaido skills my pen is is mightier than my sword...

With a tongue to match my wit your mental death swift...
FuguNabe
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: You'd find me at some karaoke drinking and singing with ladies on the weekend

Unread postby Gabriel » Thu May 10, 2007 3:22 am

I just finished watching Paprika (anime). It was amazing. So much so that I'm gonna buy it asap.
You don't need to go to church to be saved, and you don't need to go to rehab to get off drugs. You just need to make the right decisions.
Gabriel
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shadowlink » Thu May 10, 2007 12:41 pm

Kristina wrote:
Kong Wen wrote:SPOILERS ABOVE!

ahhh, I loved Goodfellas!

I watched Rose Red earlier. . .It's far from my favorite King movie though. Mayhaps because I've read so much of him. . .There's not nearly enough movies that could be out!
I love Goodfellas too! I recommend a black and white old movie call "Citizen Kane"
Shadowlink
Langzhong

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub