The Girl Talk Thread

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Re: The Girl Talk Thread

Unread postby SunXia » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:48 pm

Combing is actually better, less breakages I comb my own hair, not brush!! Gotta keep hair as in good condition as possible otherwise if I'm there I will cut it!!

Stroking the beard lol, as in posing?? It would look silly!! I would like to know what having a beard is like though!! A clean groomed beard!!

Zyzyfer wrote:
SunXia wrote:Depends!! Not Santa length hair but not bald or without stubble!! I despise heads like Jason "boke" Statham (never mind his awful turn off of a voice) and Phil Mitchell!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I can't win for losing :cry: :cry: :cry:

I don't know which you are Santa or Statham!! I've tried to date both types and after intimated moments the former had very greasy hair he did not wash before leaving the house...(gross) and the stubbly hair just felt too weird as I like running my fingers through a bit of hair and I didn't like being able to feel his entire skull just there!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Shu Ryorin » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:21 pm

Mitsunari wrote:
Shu Ryorin wrote:If the beard and the hand are both clean and he's not in the middle of handling food or something, sure, I don't see why not. Just wash your hands between beard-stoking and food-handling.

But, but, but...the enigmatic beard-stroking, with that ponderously intriguing gaze into oblivion is so epic?

I can't honestly say I've ever mashed a sandwich or anything else into my beard unwittingly, for an oblivious pondering fix though. Can't speak for Ranbir though. :lol:

I was thinking more about food sanitation than beard sanitation, but now I'm just picturing a beard sandwich. :lol:
"Only dummies call people dummy, dummy!"
-some fairy in "Breath of Fire III"

Grad school is hard, you guys.
Shu Ryorin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Canada, wandering the less-frozen-than-Alaska-but-still-cold wastes of grad school

Unread postby Mitsunari » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:13 pm

Well, SunXia, look no further for a shining example of a modest, nicely groomed beard...it's so tidy there's barely enough to stroke ponderously OR posingly, haha.

I basically have to have facial hair, in truth it's scarcely more than groomed gruff to be honest, however if I were clean shaven in the slightest, I'd look like a complete and total tit.

Nevertheless, I'd recommend all the ladies of SoSZ to buy a fancy-dress/novelty beard, just to see for yourself and satisfy that curiosity, because once it's on the sheer empowering force of the beard is...intoxicating. Ooh, the urge to fell trees and drive like a maniac will be irresistible. :wink:

Disclaimer: Any felonies committed whilst under the influence of beard are not directly my responsibility, I will however promise to stop posting in your exclusive thread forthwith. Probably.
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:12 am

Mitsunari wrote:
Ranbir wrote:You should brush it, not comb it.

With what, a rake?

Zhuanyong's 'wilderness' beard concept is intriguing though, such a facial abomination could trap or store any number of things. Like squirrels and mobile phones...

Well anyway, ladies, is it less nauseating if a male strokes his goatee or beard, a la Guan Yunchang? I often stroke my freestyle facial hair whilst pondering...

:lol: :lol: Facial abomination...

I've been guilty of the beard stroke a la Guan Yunchang. I did it to "look wise and cool" and annoy my wife. I told her it was my "wisdom" beard. Needless to say, she told me it wasn't a wisdom beard because I looked pretty (fill in the blank).

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:44 am

SunXia wrote:I don't know which you are Santa or Statham!! I've tried to date both types and after intimated moments the former had very greasy hair he did not wash before leaving the house...(gross) and the stubbly hair just felt too weird as I like running my fingers through a bit of hair and I didn't like being able to feel his entire skull just there!!

I went bald quite early on so I kind of ended up settling on the "Statham" look.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

(I'm just kidding about being sad :wink: )
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:28 am

I love having a beard to stroke during exam periods, makes me feel better, at least I look wise even if it's not reflected on the paper!

I try to keep my beard well maintained and stylishly short. Of course I often can’t be bothered to do either :lol:
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mitsunari » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:19 pm

Wow, we totally turned this thread into a gatecrash-ery massacre of boyish Doom...

I do have a 'Girl'-related issue and solution to propound though:

First off, no, I do not know how painful and emotionally straining that PMT and subsequent Menstrual pains and cramps are, neither will I ever know. I do, however, have a wife who suffers from terrible, pronounced periods and turbulent PMT so, I can sympathise greatly.

The other day I noticed that the drug Buscopan (commonly used for IBS sufferers), that's available over the counter in the UK, can actually be used at the onset of menstruation to quell and soothe the pain and cramps suffered. Well, actually, it clicked that to me that Buscopan was essentially a generic anti-spasmodic that targeted the encompassing abdominal region, and since my wife was really, really struggling to even stand from a sitting position, I had a looksy online and a pharmacy retailer confirmed my notion.

And it worked brilliantly, as it accumulated in her system from the onset of menstruation. Barely a niggling cramp or any painful bloating at all.

I'm sure it's called Buscopan universally, however I do recommend researching it online firsthand before trying it, for possible interactions with medications or conflicts with existing conditions etc.

If it's suitable for you ladies to take, I'm sure it'll work well for you. That is all, boys all leave now. :mrgreen:
Mitsunari

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby Lady Wu » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:44 am

Hmm, never even heard of it before. Glad it's working for your wife, and thanks for sharing, though. I don't get bad PMS anymore (sisters, don't hate me) but it's great to know about that just in case.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Mitsunari » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:43 am

Lady Wu wrote:Hmm, never even heard of it before. Glad it's working for your wife, and thanks for sharing, though. I don't get bad PMS anymore (sisters, don't hate me) but it's great to know about that just in case.

No probs, it pays to embrace one's feminine side, now and again anyway. :wink:

Hmm, in the US it's available as Levsin or Bentyl, it has the same active ingredient which is Hyposin (?), which all generic over-the-counter Anti-Spasmodics have globally. Anywhere else: Austrailia, South Africa, Mainland Europe and Canada, it's usually branded as Buscopan.
Mitsunari

Unread postby MysticAries » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:58 am

I wonder where all the girls gone frome this thread. So I'm making first move to revive this thread.
Here are some of the best hair care tips that you'll find really amazing for your hair.
Natural homemade tips - hot oil massages on hair.

Hot oil massages: Warm 2 tsp. of olive oil and 2 tsp. coconut oil and gently massage every part of the scalp for 10-15 minutes. Rinse a towel in hot water, wipe and wind the hair around the head as it cools. Repeat 2 or 3 times to issue total saturation. After that, shampoo and rinse well. It is good for brittle dry hair.

Hot Caster oil massage: Warm Ѕ cup of castor oil, massage into scalp and gently comb it. Bind the hair with hot towel on the head, wait for 30 minutes. Shampoo and rinse. As it is home made is so good to use for scanty hair.

Clove oil honey massage. Stir well Ѕ cup of green olive oil with 1 cup of liquid honey. Shake vigorously. Keep the mixture to settle for a day or two. Massage into the scalp and comb it not touching the scalp. After massaging cover hair with plastic shower cap. Make it air tight to let the heat penetrate, leave like that for 20 to 30 minutes. Then shampoo and rinse well. It is good for dark hair to keep it shining and lustrous.

Natural homemade Protein treatment: Beat 1 egg and add slowly 1 tsp of olive oil and 1 tsp of vinegar. Apply it on hair and keep for 10 to 15 minutes. Apply shampoo and rinse well. This is good for all type of hair.

For oily hair Use any thin type of oil instead of olive oil and add lemon juice instead of vinegar.

If you feel sticky also it is worth to do protien treatement. Use mild shampoo twice and condition it next day.

Hair is made up of protein. If you have lack of protein it may affect hair growth. Have protein food. Meat and egg contains protein. If you are vegetarian then use soy protein or use green dhal etc.

If your hair is not healthy use mild hair products. Excessive hair coloring may affect not only your hair growth but it damages your hair also.

Generally hair growth rate is half an inch a month is normal, though even a third of an inch is also pretty common. Hair growth depends on many factors, like what you eat, the season of the year, etc. so there are limits beyond which you can't go. For instance, you can't expect that your hair will grow 2 inches in a month only because you wash it everyday. On the contrary, when you wash it everyday, chances are that you will exhaust it pretty soon. It is true that if you wash your hair frequently, it will help hair growth faster but never forget that frequent washes also lead to hair loss.

Besides washing your hair frequently, cutting it often also stimulates hair growth. There is no optimal recommendation that is valid for everybody but washing your hair once a week and cutting it once in 6-8 weeks is generally the best combination to stimulate hair growth without stimulating hair loss. Washing your hair (this of course means using a shampoo) stimulates hair growth but you can achieve similar results even if you only wet it from time to time – i.e. just dampen it a little without using any soap or shampoo. Wetting your hair a couple of times a day, which is probably what you subconsciously do in the heat of the summer, is a fine way to growth. You can use rosemary sprays instead of water for wetting.

Cutting your hair regularly is also useful. As hair grows long, it tends to get damaged at the ends, so if your stylist removes the damaged ends, this will also help you grow longer hair.

A really powerful way to encourage hair growth is by massaging it gently and by using special masks, balms, pastes, lotions, etc. Even good old combing a couple of times a day is a great way to stimulate blood circulation in the scalp, which in turn stimulates hair growth. There are even special formulas for hair regrowth i.e. when you have lost your hair, how to make your hair grow faster, though even most of the conventional remedies for hair care and for hair loss prevention also work. The assortment of recipes, remedies, masks, etc. for stimulating hair growth is really great and one thing that you can do is to check about some national recipes.

Vitamins for hair growth.

Hair loss or baldness is caused mainly due to the lack of Vitamin B supplements. Vitamin B5 contains pantothenic acid and B3 (niacin that is vital for hair growth). B6 is equally important to the body, as it contains the nutrients of zinc, sulfur, magnesium and biotin.

The body also requires Vitamin A. Fatty acids such as primrose oil, flaxseed oil or salmon oil need to be consumed for enhancing hair growth.

Vitamin E is meant for stimulating the oxygen intake in the body and improves the blood circulation. If there is proper blood circulation, hair growth is enhanced. Vitamin C assists the normal functioning of capillaries that carries the blood to the scalp. Even zinc is an important supplement, which should be consumed as it assists hair growth.

Biotin is necessary for hair growth. There are many sources of biotin such as brewer's yeast, brown rice, bulgur, green peas, lentils, oats, soybeans, sunflower seeds, and walnuts. It is present in some shampoos, so you can use shampoos, which contain biotin. It is advised to consult a physician before taking any vitamins or medications for hair growth.

Nutritional tips to hair growth.

1. Eat adequate amounts of protein.
Protein is composed of the amino acids essential for the building of new cells, including hair. Five amino acids are of particular relevance to hair growth - cystine, cysteine, methionine, arginine and lysine.

Inadequate protein intake over a lengthy period can force hair into the resting phase with shedding a few months later. It is obvious then that sufficient portions of protein rich foods should form part of your daily diet. The best sources of dietary protein are lean meats, fish, poultry, eggs, dairy products, soy, nuts, grains and seeds. At least 15% of your daily calories should come from protein-rich foods.

2. Eat adequate amounts of useful carbohydrates.
Carbs are an essential source of energy and help in the growth of body tissues, including hair. They are an important source of the B vitamins that are vital to healthy hair.

It is important that you concentrate on consuming non-refined carbs rather than the sugars and white flour that are so prevalent in many over-refined carb products. You should place an emphasis on consuming vegetables, fruits, whole grains, brown rice and potatoes. It is recommended that you obtain 55-60% of your daily calories from the carbohydrates found in these foods.

3. Achieve a healthy balance of dietary fats.
Fat is used in energy production and can be found in both animal and plant foods. Your body needs sufficient levels of fat to maintain good health. That fat should be obtained from a mixture of lean animal and plant sources. Roughly 25-30% of your daily calories should come from these sources
MysticAries
Tyro

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub