The Girl Talk Thread

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Re: The Girl Talk Thread

Unread postby Ranbir » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:32 pm

A man that can't go without getting food in the beard clearly hasn't had the beard for very long.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Mitsunari » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:49 pm

Ranbir wrote:A man that can't go without getting food in the beard clearly hasn't had the beard for very long.

He's 56 now; the beard has lived on his face since he was about 25, apparently, thus the beard is a full year older than me.

He eats like you'd expect a starving Wolverine to though, which is the main reason why he ends up wearing most of the food he's mis-snaffled in the aforementioned 31 year old beard. Clearly an amateur then, Ranbir? :lol:
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby SunXia » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:10 pm

Mitsunari wrote:
SunXia wrote:I don't mind hair on men but I do hate when people don't wipe their beard when food falls on it in the middle of eating!! They wait until after and even when I ask they do it some don't and there's 30.00 I wasted for to be put off my food!!

Sorry to gatecrash the Girl's thread, but this made me laugh like a tanked-up musketeer... :lol:

It's very off-putting though, I agree, my step-dad is a prolific offender of this; we've given up telling him he's wearing half of his lunch in his beard before he leaves the house, I mean it's not even miniscule bits that are barely noticeable, it's chunks of bread, triangles of corned beef, diagonal smears of butter...blargh, t'is rank.

Again, sorry for intruding, carry on. :wink:

Yup every man I have seen with a beard gets sauce or beans or in my dad's case milk and corn flakes or something on their beard!! I'd rather eat alone than with people because of this as I have a weak stomach I don't like seeing things like that!!

And when its not properly groomed, oh heaven it looks awful as if someone put pubic hair on their face!! Seriously we are not cavemen get a comb and some moisturizer of some sort!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Lady Wu » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:24 am

SunXia wrote:And when its not properly groomed, oh heaven it looks awful as if someone put pubic hair on their face!! Seriously we are not cavemen get a comb and some moisturizer of some sort!!

Whatever you do, don't comb facial hair in public. I used to have a student who combed his goatee in class every day and it drove me bonkers.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:28 am

Lady Wu wrote:
SunXia wrote:And when its not properly groomed, oh heaven it looks awful as if someone put pubic hair on their face!! Seriously we are not cavemen get a comb and some moisturizer of some sort!!

Whatever you do, don't comb facial hair in public. I used to have a student who combed his goatee in class every day and it drove me bonkers.

People comb their facial hair? :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm sorry but it's rather hilarious to me that someone would do that under most circumstances. I could see if they had a "wilderness" beard going.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:59 am

Well since all the other guys are posting in here (shame on you dudes btw :lol: ) I might as well join in. I used to have a beard back when I was in uni, living in Asia is not very encouraging for the growth of one now, however. And yes, I got crap in it all the time.

And I realize this is an old post, but...

SunXia wrote:Depends!! Not Santa length hair but not bald or without stubble!! I despise heads like Jason "boke" Statham (never mind his awful turn off of a voice) and Phil Mitchell!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I can't win for losing :cry: :cry: :cry:
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ranbir » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:31 am

You should brush it, not comb it.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Mitsunari » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:17 am

Ranbir wrote:You should brush it, not comb it.

With what, a rake?

Zhuanyong's 'wilderness' beard concept is intriguing though, such a facial abomination could trap or store any number of things. Like squirrels and mobile phones...

Well anyway, ladies, is it less nauseating if a male strokes his goatee or beard, a la Guan Yunchang? I often stroke my freestyle facial hair whilst pondering...
Mitsunari

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby Shu Ryorin » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:21 am

If the beard and the hand are both clean and he's not in the middle of handling food or something, sure, I don't see why not. Just wash your hands between beard-stoking and food-handling.
"Only dummies call people dummy, dummy!"
-some fairy in "Breath of Fire III"

Grad school is hard, you guys.
Shu Ryorin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Canada, wandering the less-frozen-than-Alaska-but-still-cold wastes of grad school

Unread postby Mitsunari » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:35 am

Shu Ryorin wrote:If the beard and the hand are both clean and he's not in the middle of handling food or something, sure, I don't see why not. Just wash your hands between beard-stoking and food-handling.

But, but, but...the enigmatic beard-stroking, with that ponderously intriguing gaze into oblivion is so epic?

I can't honestly say I've ever mashed a sandwich or anything else into my beard unwittingly, for an oblivious pondering fix though. Can't speak for Ranbir though. :lol:
Mitsunari

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub