Disney Movie Discussion

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Disney Movie Discussion

Unread postby Baiko Arashi » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:44 am

in the vacation post i brought up me going to disney world and it got me thinking ( a very dangerous thing i know ) so...lets talk about disney movies, your favorites...least favorites and ones they should never of made a sequel of 30 years later....

My favorite: a tie between Aladdian and Lion King and Robin Hood as well as fox and the hound

Least favorite: sleeping beauty, im not sure if it really is but ive always seemed to be falling asleep while watching it ( must mean im a beautiful man :P)

Movie they never should have made a sequel of 30 years later: ALL
eh, ill find something witty to put here later.

Nothing do your mortal soul.
Arashi Baiko
Combat: 100
Command: 85
Charisma: 75
Intelligence: 70
Baiko Arashi
Prison Warden of SoSZ

Unread postby SunXia » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:52 am

I love Disney, I really love it!! I only have a few I don't like ie Pinocchio and Jungle Book etc etc!!

I love The Lion King and its sequels, I'm a sucker for wanting to know what happens after the first movies!!

I love the Disney Princesses, Cinderella being my favourite and Mulan, she rocks too!!
Beauty and the Beast was another good one and had me crying!!

I love Disney Pixar too, Finding Nemo being my favourite and Toy Story a close second!!

Pirates of the Carribean and sequel are great in their movie terms!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Davey Vengeance » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:56 am

My attention is definately facing towards the Disney/Pixar films as I have never disliked a Pixar film they all come back with new and amusing material.

Classics I used to love watching were Aladin, Lion King, Pinnochio and of course Pirates of the Carribean.

Still a movie brand worth watching though the newest cartoon I last liked was Mulan, as eddie murphy was in it :D
Forever X

Like Suikoden? Like RPing?
Then please come and join us at CASTLE NORTH WIND
Say Belcoot sent you...see you there. :)
Davey Vengeance
Scholar of Darkness

Unread postby SunXia » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:02 pm

Eddie Murphy was brilliant in Mulan, I loved the scene with the porridge, "..and its happy t' see ya!"
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Ranbir » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:29 pm

Lion King is the best, hands down. I know every line. Every line.

Look at it today and it's still the most beautiful piece of animation ever created in the entire world. Ever.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Shadowlink » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:25 pm

Lion King! I remember when i was a kid I cried when the dad lion died i think his name starts with a S. I love Toy story, finding me and pirates
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby Ranbir » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:30 pm

Kid is Simba, his father was Mufasa.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Adam » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:51 pm

Lion King for me too, though I would probably never watch it now, the musical performances would annoy me to no end, which is why I don't watch any of 'em anymore.
And why the hell do chicks always love Disney and Hello Kitty, it's frightening?
-亚当
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gabriel » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:16 pm

My favorite: The Lion King
My least favorite: The Hunchback of Notre Dame

Others I really liked: The Fox and the Hound (one of the saddest movies I've ever seen), Robin Hood, The Little Mermaid (supposedly my fav as a very very young child), Aladdin, Peter Pan, The Jungle Book, Fantasia, and The Rescuers Down Under.
You don't need to go to church to be saved, and you don't need to go to rehab to get off drugs. You just need to make the right decisions.
Gabriel
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Baiko Arashi » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:12 pm

i only seen parts of fantasia and marry poppins.. what does everyone think of alive in wonderland? i liked it the first couple times but now its annoying...The Swan princess is good too
eh, ill find something witty to put here later.

Nothing do your mortal soul.
Arashi Baiko
Combat: 100
Command: 85
Charisma: 75
Intelligence: 70
Baiko Arashi
Prison Warden of SoSZ

Next

Return to The Pub