Celebrity Death Thread

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Should Celebrity Deaths Be Afforded Extra Attention & Press Coverage?

Yes - Celebrities are more important than regular people
17%
No - It's just one person, and 1000s of people die daily
83%

Total votes : 94

Re: Celebrity Death Thread

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:51 pm

I've never really been truly saddened by a celebrity passing away. But losing someone like Robin Williams actually hurts. He had a great effect on my childhood. Mrs Doubtfire still gets regular play on my TV. I'm at a real loss for words. Not many people are out there that i have never met would invoke an emotional response from me at the news of their death. It so much more sad that he just was crushed by his depression to the point of suicide. RIP Robin, you will never be forgotten.
Oh my my, oh hell yes, your gettin buried in your party dress.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:05 pm

Lauren Bacall, a leading Hollywood lady in her time, has died after a stroke
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:42 am

Ireland's former Prime Minister/ Taoiseach, the Fianna Fáil man leading two coalition governments between February 92 to December 94, Albert Reynolds has died at the age of 81. Played his part in the N.Ireland peace process
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:02 am

Richard Attenborough, actor in films like Brighton Rock, The Great Escape, Jurassic Park, Miracle on 34th Street and director of Ghandi+Oh! What a Lovely War, has died aged 90.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby SunXia » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:06 am

So sad Attenborough has passed away but he definitely lived a long, fulfilling life that many would envy!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:48 pm

Richard Kiel, the man who played Jaws, has died. One of the few Bond villains I really remember though partly for how his story ended
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:02 am

The last of the Mitford sisters, Deborah the Dowager Duchess of Devonshire, has died.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby gerian11 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:29 am

Out of the famous deaths 2014, Robin William’s death saddened me the most. He brought so much joy to me and others with his work but we were not even aware that he was struggling.
gerian11
Tyro

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:19 am

Former Australian PM Gough Whitlam has died. After 23 years of Conservative government, he took Australian Labor Party into power, winning two elections and governing for three years. A reforming PM, he was sacked by the governor general and lost the third election.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:32 am

Senzo Meyiwa, South Africa’s football captain and recently their number 1 keeper, was shot dead in a robbery.

One would hope such an incident would see South Africa do more to take on it's problems but I suspect any measure will be for the PR rather then effectiveness.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub