Celebrity Death Thread

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Should Celebrity Deaths Be Afforded Extra Attention & Press Coverage?

Yes - Celebrities are more important than regular people
17%
No - It's just one person, and 1000s of people die daily
83%

Total votes : 94

Unread postby Jimayo » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:41 pm

Lexus Fiend wrote:I never said you had to respect her now that she's dead, I said that it's pretty weak to bash the hell out of her. If you want to piss on her grave then fine, that's all you.

Pissing on her grave costs way too much money.
98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
Jimayo
Lord of the Thirteen Hells

Location: Nothingness. And that's where I'll be returning in oh, about 15 minutes.

Unread postby Tigger of Kai » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:27 am

Jimayo wrote:I guess we should gloss over all the things that Saddam did cause hey he died. You can only say good things about him cause he's dead now?

Jimayo wrote:She was a waste of space that made the world a worse place to live and the world is better off without her.

1. Saddam could always count on you for a little kindness and understanding. [1]

2. I don't believe this bluster of yours, I think deep down you can relate to this girl who obviously lived her whole life in serious emotional pain. Attacking her is your way of not dealing with these feelings of empathy. It is a great shame that no one could help her son Daniel; but her daughter still has a chance to become a happy, healthy adult. Perhaps more of a chance if, as you say, she is better off being raised by people other than her biological mother. But Anna Nicole didn't have to die for this to happen, and had she lived longer, she could have turned her life around and been reunited with her daughter.
Mithril! The dwarves tell no tales. But just as it was the foundation of their wealth, so also it was their destruction. They delved too greedily and too deep, and disturbed that from which they fled.
Tigger of Kai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Davey Vengeance » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:56 am

Tigger of Kai wrote:
Jimayo wrote:I guess we should gloss over all the things that Saddam did cause hey he died. You can only say good things about him cause he's dead now?

Jimayo wrote:She was a waste of space that made the world a worse place to live and the world is better off without her.

1. Saddam could always count on you for a little kindness and understanding. [1]

2. I don't believe this bluster of yours, I think deep down you can relate to this girl who obviously lived her whole life in serious emotional pain. Attacking her is your way of not dealing with these feelings of empathy. It is a great shame that no one could help her son Daniel; but her daughter still has a chance to become a happy, healthy adult. Perhaps more of a chance if, as you say, she is better off being raised by people other than her biological mother. But Anna Nicole didn't have to die for this to happen, and had she lived longer, she could have turned her life around and been reunited with her daughter.

I thinks its sad how people here are saying such awful things, did you people know her personally?

There are many more people who deserve these harsh words and I do not think Anna is one of them. Who are we to know what was doing on in her head? This thread should change direction as its becoming quite spiteful, I commend those who are showing some maturity.
Forever X

Like Suikoden? Like RPing?
Then please come and join us at CASTLE NORTH WIND
Say Belcoot sent you...see you there. :)
Davey Vengeance
Scholar of Darkness

Unread postby Lexus Fiend » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:49 am

Jimayo wrote:
Lexus Fiend wrote:I never said you had to respect her now that she's dead, I said that it's pretty weak to bash the hell out of her. If you want to piss on her grave then fine, that's all you.

Pissing on her grave costs way too much money.

Shock value again I see... I got a good laugh out of it.
-Devin aka LuckyD
*Neighborhood Superstar*
"Street smarts on the level of a Harvard degree."
Lexus Fiend
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jason » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:58 am

I may not have liked her....but it's not like she spent her life killing children. I just hated seeing her on TV, so, i can't say she deserved to die. I just won't really miss her, thats all.
“I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.”

― Harun Yahya
Jason
Legendary

Unread postby Lexus Fiend » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:15 am

Ezekiel wrote:I may not have liked her....but it's not like she spent her life killing children. I just hated seeing her on TV, so, i can't say she deserved to die. I just won't really miss her, thats all.

My thoughts exactly.
-Devin aka LuckyD
*Neighborhood Superstar*
Lexus Fiend
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:52 am

I think its horrible that people are saying bad things about a person who never really did anyone any harm. In fact, she was screwed over in life. She never really had a good life, grew up poor, husband dies, balloons up, fights depression, fights drug problems, son dies days after new daughter is born. You people should be ashamed of yourselves for bad mouthing someone who did absolutely nothing bad. Its not like she was popping pills to get high all the time, the lady was clinically depressed. Sure she is no role model, but what you people are saying makes you guys look even worse than her.

And by the way, im not a fan of her or anything, im just kind of sick from reading some of the stuff posted here about a person who didn't really do anything wrong. Hey i have an idea, lets go bash all the people who died in their prime, Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix, Marilyn Monroe, they are all up and ready to take your sickening verbal abuse.
Oh my my, oh hell yes, your gettin buried in your party dress.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Emma » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:32 pm

Wa-OW, I am shocked. Vickie Lynn Marshall, AKA Anna Nicole Smith, was a person. A person that none of you poo-flingers knew -a person whose dying has her husband groveling on the ground in tears. A person who will never fulfill a mother's role of raising her children, and experience the subsequent joy. Good Lord, you make it sound as if she's a character!

This reminds me of horror movies. How, like, MASSES of people line up in theaters to see people hacked to death and brutally murdered - pleasure in the dying of another person is a sign of (and, as the daughter of a respected psychologist, I can say this) SEVERE mental psychosis.

I'm especially disapointed in you, Ezekiel. Have some class < >

~A very horrified Emma
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." - Antoine de Saint Exupéry

"Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these: 'It might have been'." - John Greenleaf Whittier
Emma
Initiate

Unread postby urbanterrorist » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:34 am

This reminds me of horror movies. How, like, MASSES of people line up in theaters to see people hacked to death and brutally murdered - pleasure in the dying of another person is a sign of (and, as the daughter of a respected psychologist, I can say this) SEVERE mental psychosis.

A better example would be how people would used to crowd around public executions in the town square.

As for Anna Nicole Smith. She's dead. Died at a young age. But she was quite a character. Hopefully she'll be remembered in some way or another by future generations.
They miss the whisper that runs any day in your mind,
"Who are you really, wanderer?" and the answer you have to give
no matter how dark and cold the world around you is:
"Maybe I'm a king. -William Stafford
urbanterrorist
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lexus Fiend » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:01 am

Emma wrote:Wa-OW, I am shocked. Vickie Lynn Marshall, AKA Anna Nicole Smith, was a person. A person that none of you poo-flingers knew -a person whose dying has her husband groveling on the ground in tears. A person who will never fulfill a mother's role of raising her children, and experience the subsequent joy. Good Lord, you make it sound as if she's a character!

I'm especially disapointed in you, Ezekiel. Have some class < >

Huh? Ezekiel is not the one you should have any beef with, re-read the thread sweetie-pie.

And props, to SA, took the words right out my mouth my 300ZX Turbo drivin friend :wink:
-Devin aka LuckyD
*Neighborhood Superstar*
Lexus Fiend
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub