Celebrity Death Thread

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Should Celebrity Deaths Be Afforded Extra Attention & Press Coverage?

Yes - Celebrities are more important than regular people
17%
No - It's just one person, and 1000s of people die daily
83%

Total votes : 94

Unread postby Jason » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:34 pm

Chris the King wrote:Are you guys serious? The mother of two children, one a newborn, just died. Her death wasn't personally anything to me, but to gloat about it is something I wouldn't expect from otherwise intelligent and decent people.

Hmm, I'm sure the birth of that baby would've spawned a new horrible reality show, where we saw her all dumb and coked out, and the baby to grow up to be a drug addict with green hair. Sorry if I'm cruel, but some people are better off. Granted I didn't wish death on her, the fact that it happened doesn't bother me a smidgen.
“I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.”

― Harun Yahya
Jason
Legendary

Unread postby SunXia » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:13 pm

That doesn't mean her life would be better being raised by an unfit mother.
And you, of course, are an expert on what an unfit mother is, I mean, we don't know what kind of mother she is!! Her son was the way he was because he made stupid mistakes, he was an adult at the end of the day!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Jason » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:16 pm

Maybe the child will have a life out of the negative spotlight (the only spotlight she's had in the past 10 years), and raised by some normal sane people. They still have th emoney, so it's one less struggle to worry about. I'm not saying I knew Anna Nicole, but I know I'd go crazy living with her and her antics.
“I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.”

― Harun Yahya
Jason
Legendary

Unread postby Lexus Fiend » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:02 pm

Chris the King wrote:Are you guys serious? The mother of two children, one a newborn, just died. Her death wasn't personally anything to me, but to gloat about it is something I wouldn't expect from otherwise intelligent and decent people.

Thank you. I remarked on it and just don't find it appropriate to point out the woman's faults now (and it's not like everyone here didn't know about them in the first place), seeing as she just passed away and all. I guess others just don't give a damn about respect.

If you didn't respect her, then fine, but to bash her after she died is pretty low. That's just the way I feel about those who have left this world, I don't agree one bit with badmouthing those who have passed on. That shit is weak.
-Devin aka LuckyD
*Neighborhood Superstar*
"Street smarts on the level of a Harvard degree."
Lexus Fiend
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jimayo » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:28 pm

I'm not a hypocrite. Sorry. I said she was a waste of space when she was alive and I'm not gonna turn around and say aw how sad when she died. She was a waste of space that made the world a worse place to live and the world is better off without her.
98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
Jimayo
Lord of the Thirteen Hells

Location: Nothingness. And that's where I'll be returning in oh, about 15 minutes.

Unread postby Lexus Fiend » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:32 pm

Jimayo wrote:

I'm not a hypocrite. Sorry. I said she was a waste of space when she was alive and I'm not gonna turn around and say aw how sad when she died. She was a waste of space that made the world a worse place to live and the world is better off without her.

How, exactly, did she make the world a worse place, and how is the world better off without her?

There is no real answer for that, way to achieve shock value...
-Devin aka LuckyD
*Neighborhood Superstar*
Lexus Fiend
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jimayo » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:34 pm

Lexus Fiend wrote:

Thank you. I remarked on it and just don't find it appropriate to point out the woman's faults now (and it's not like everyone here didn't know about them in the first place), seeing as she just passed away and all. I guess others just don't give a damn about respect.

If you didn't respect her, then fine, but to bash her after she died is pretty low. That's just the way I feel about those who have left this world, I don't agree one bit with badmouthing those who have passed on. That s*** is weak.

Why does death require a person not worthy of respect to be respected. It makes no logical sense.

I guess we should gloss over all the things that Saddam did cause hey he died. You can only say good things about him cause he's dead now?
98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
Jimayo

Location: Nothingness. And that's where I'll be returning in oh, about 15 minutes.

Unread postby Jimayo » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:35 pm

Lexus Fiend wrote:How, exactly, did she make the world a worse place, and how is the world better off without her?

There is no real answer for that, way to achieve shock value...

Yes there is. Just like Paris Hilton there are people who look up to and emulate her.
Jimayo

Unread postby Lexus Fiend » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:59 pm

Jimayo wrote:
Lexus Fiend wrote:

If you didn't respect her, then fine, but to bash her after she died is pretty low. That's just the way I feel about those who have left this world, I don't agree one bit with badmouthing those who have passed on. That s*** is weak.

Why does death require a person not worthy of respect to be respected. It makes no logical sense.

I never said you had to respect her now that she's dead, I said that it's pretty weak to bash the hell out of her. If you want to piss on her grave then fine, that's all you.
-Devin aka LuckyD
*Neighborhood Superstar*
Lexus Fiend
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Rhiannon » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:18 pm

I don't really personally care one way or another.

Anyway, there was an initial autopsy run today, but its results found nothing directly as the cause of death, and there were no pills in her stomach. Looks like we'll have to wait for the chemical analysis to come back a few weeks from now to know more.
"For us to have self-esteem is truly an act of revolution and our revolution is long overdue."
— Margaret Cho
Rhiannon
Joy & Oblivion
Joy & Oblivion

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub