Celebrity Death Thread

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Should Celebrity Deaths Be Afforded Extra Attention & Press Coverage?

Yes - Celebrities are more important than regular people
17%
No - It's just one person, and 1000s of people die daily
83%

Total votes : 94

Re: Celebrity Death Thread

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:29 am

Ronnie Corbett, of the two Ronnies, has died
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Mitsunari » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:22 pm

Nobody's mentioned Prince? Another peculiar celebrity death, which has had the conspiracy club going haywire.
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:33 am

People are talking about numbers of celebrities dying but personally I don't think it's that much of a surprise.

Before TV there were far less famous people as it was harder to become a household name and a recognised face. Now those early TV celebrities are getting to an age where they are going to start dying off so I think it's only to be expected that more famous people will die each year.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:27 pm

BBC did an article on this a few weeks back. Like Sun Fin says, a lot more type of celebrities then there was before (singers, writers, TV, movies, sports stars) and people hitting an age where significant numbers are going to be dying.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Mitsunari » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:54 pm

Aye, but have you both seen the videos on YouTube? The ones saying that all of these high-profile deaths are a part of some Illuminati sacrifice ritual? :lol:
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:48 am

Grand Master Sun Fin and I won't be allowed to let you in Mitts if you reveal our glorious Illumanti secrets

The Illumaniti would never do such ritual sacrifices. If they existed which of course they don't. Silly Mittens. Now excuse me I just need to wash my robes

Nailed it, they will never suspect us now.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Fri May 06, 2016 8:02 am

Dong Zhou wrote:Grand Master Sun Fin and I won't be allowed to let you in Mitts if you reveal our glorious Illumanti secrets

The Illumaniti would never do such ritual sacrifices. If they existed which of course they don't. Silly Mittens. Now excuse me I just need to wash my robes

Nailed it, they will never suspect us now.

Phew, I think we're safe
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:46 pm

Jimmy Perry, co-creator of Dad's Army, It Ain't Half Hot Mum, Hi-De-Hi has died
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Previous

Return to The Pub