Celebrity Death Thread

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Should Celebrity Deaths Be Afforded Extra Attention & Press Coverage?

Yes - Celebrities are more important than regular people
17%
No - It's just one person, and 1000s of people die daily
83%

Total votes : 94

Unread postby Davey Vengeance » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:15 pm

Last month Bam Bam Bigelow died January 19 2007. He was one of the most recognisable performers in Sports entertainment, working in the WWE (Then WWF), WCW and ECW. He was given a 3 bell salute on each of the brands shows in memory of him after losing a battle to infection and diabetis, he died age 45.
Forever X

Like Suikoden? Like RPing?
Then please come and join us at CASTLE NORTH WIND
Say Belcoot sent you...see you there. :)
Davey Vengeance
Scholar of Darkness

Unread postby Lexus Fiend » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:37 pm

Tigger of Kai wrote:Confession: I used to watch Anna Nicole's TV show. I dunno, I'll watch anything, if it has a good theme song.

I watched the show too, it was entertaining in the trainwreck sort of fashion. I'm not going to talk bad on the woman, she had a tragic life, I feel really bad about the baby though. I had hoped to see Anna Nicole recover from drugs and everything, but instead, this. Has the cause of death even been revealed yet?
-Devin aka LuckyD
*Neighborhood Superstar*
"Street smarts on the level of a Harvard degree."
Lexus Fiend
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jimayo » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:54 pm

Kong Wen wrote:
DynastyWarriors6 wrote:It's been on the news that last 4 hours so I made a thread for her. The sad thing is the baby she had still needs to be DNA tested.

Here's CNN take:
http://edition.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/ ... bit.smith/

Good riddance.

She needed to take Paris Hilton with her.
98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
Jimayo
Lord of the Thirteen Hells

Location: Nothingness. And that's where I'll be returning in oh, about 15 minutes.

Unread postby SunXia » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:56 pm

Wow, a little strong there, she wasn't one of my favourite people alive, but she did just have a daughter and I'm sad she'll never know her mother!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby James » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:02 pm

SunXia wrote:Wow, a little strong there, she wasn't one of my favourite people alive, but she did just have a daughter and I'm sad she'll never know her mother!!

I can’t say I had much of a reaction to it either. She didn’t represent anything positive to a woman that might have idolized her. Made a living through portrayal of her body. Married a rich tycoon for his money. At least she truly did love her kids. My only sympathy comes through the sad story that is the rest of her life.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Jimayo » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:06 pm

SunXia wrote:Wow, a little strong there, she wasn't one of my favourite people alive, but she did just have a daughter and I'm sad she'll never know her mother!!

Look at how messed up her son was. The daughter is probably better off.
98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
Jimayo

Location: Nothingness. And that's where I'll be returning in oh, about 15 minutes.

Unread postby SunXia » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:10 pm

Jimayo wrote:
That's not really for any of us to decide, my mother's not the model mother but I still wouldn't want to have grown up not knowing a mother!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Jimayo » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:01 pm

SunXia wrote:
Jimayo wrote:
That's not really for any of us to decide, my mother's not the model mother but I still wouldn't want to have grown up not knowing a mother!!

That doesn't mean her life would be better being raised by an unfit mother.
Jimayo

Unread postby Jason » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:25 pm

Anna's death just further fueled what was a great day. Not only did our country get to experience the passing of a waste of life, but The Police are getting back together and touring this summer. I celebrated on February 8th, and I feel sorry for those who didn't.
“I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.”

― Harun Yahya
Jason
Legendary

Unread postby Chris the King » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:31 pm

Are you guys serious? The mother of two children, one a newborn, just died. Her death wasn't personally anything to me, but to gloat about it is something I wouldn't expect from otherwise intelligent and decent people.
I like you...but you're crazy.
Chris the King
Changshi

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub