Celebrity Death Thread

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Should Celebrity Deaths Be Afforded Extra Attention & Press Coverage?

Yes - Celebrities are more important than regular people
17%
No - It's just one person, and 1000s of people die daily
83%

Total votes : 94

Re: Celebrity Death Thread

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:17 pm

Jeremy Lloyd, the creator of ‘Allo ‘Allo! and Are You Being Served, has died.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Qu Hui » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:44 am

This one's a little late, but Leonard Nimoy, 83, most famous for his role as Spock on the original Star Trek series, died on February 27th of this year due to complications from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
My avatar is Roy from Fire Emblem: Binding Blade, as he appears in Fire Emblem: Awakening
Quote of the "Day": "The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." -Neil Gaiman
Qu Hui
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:27 pm

Rest in peace, Sir Terry Pratchett.
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-31858156
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:04 pm

Nimoy was great as Star Trek, I can see how he shaped so many youths in his time. Felt he really made Spock work and his last tweet is lovely

As for Sir Pratchett, I knew he had been ill for some time but still very sad. Loved his books, full of warmth and wit
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Shen Ai » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:57 pm

I'm absolutely devastated to hear of Sir Terry Pratchett's passing. I enjoyed his Discworld series (and Good Omens) so much. I have almost all of them in my collection, save for 3-4 of the newer ones.
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Wei has no more famous commanders, Shen Ai takes lead of the vanguard!

Even a commoner on the street knows what Shen Ai is thinking!
Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:02 am

Charles Kennedy, wit and Lib Dem leader from 99 to 06, has died at age of 55.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:19 am

Dong Zhou wrote:Charles Kennedy, wit and Lib Dem leader from 99 to 06, has died at age of 55.

This seems to have hit the political class hard across the party boundaries, a huge loss for someone at such a relatively young age!
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:17 pm

Sun Fin wrote:
Dong Zhou wrote:Charles Kennedy, wit and Lib Dem leader from 99 to 06, has died at age of 55.

This seems to have hit the political class hard across the party boundaries, a huge loss for someone at such a relatively young age!

Indeed. He was clearly loved and respected on all sides, his famous warmth and humour earnt him a lot of friends.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Shen Ai » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:39 pm

Two longtime actors and legends of film passed away. Sir Christopher Lee and Ron Moody (you might recall him as Fagin in Oliver!).
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Wei has no more famous commanders, Shen Ai takes lead of the vanguard!

Even a commoner on the street knows what Shen Ai is thinking!
Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:58 am

I was so sad to hear about Lee, he was an actor in 3 of the biggest Film series of all time (Star Wars, LoTR and of course James Bond) and that is ignoring his breakout role. As I saw in one tribute to him: 'you can tell how significant an actor he has been because not only have you and your parents seen him in a variety of films but your grandparents will have as well!'
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub