Facebook

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Facebook

Unread postby Kongming's Prodigy » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:44 am

Hey guys, use this thread to discuss the merits and annoyances of Facebook, the college student's must-have. :wink:

Here's mine.
[Current System]
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.63 GHz
EVGA Geforce GTX 770 @ 1241/3906 MHz
Gigabyte EX58-UD3R Motherboard
6GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 Triple Channel
500GB Hitachi 7200RPM
700W Cooler Master UCP
Cooler Master HAF 922 Chassis
Kongming's Prodigy
The Dragon Awakened

Unread postby Kong Wen » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:13 am

Hahah, I was just about to mention Facebook, having just recently discovered it. It can get kind of addicting.

Anyway, since I'm so new to Facebook, I haven't really discovered its real merits and annoyances. I'm sure there are many of each. I like it primarily as a way of searching around and finding / spying on people who share interests with me... so I don't have much practical use for it.
"If I had to do my life over, I would change every single thing I have done."
— Raymond Douglas Davies, 1967
Kong Wen
Golden God
Golden God

Unread postby Shadowlink » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:25 pm

haha im been using facebook for 2 months i like it alot
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby Wizardman » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:43 pm

Facebook's good. i found a three kingdoms group. Not really active at all, but it works if I feel like talkgin to other people about this time.
Of course Facebook was so much better before the news and mini-feeds, oh well.
Huang Zhong: Are you calling me old?!
Wei Yan: ...Yes.
Huang Zhong: Liu Bei! I demand you kill him!
Liu Bei: Well it's... true...
Wizardman
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Alucard » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:36 pm

I have a facebook. I didn't want one but a friend of mine created it for me. I log on like once a month. I'm not really into it.
I don't regret the decision I made that day. Even now. But...my heart still aches. I..I want to follow my heart. Whether it is right or wrong will be judged by history. - Pahn
Alucard
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: In a house where I open a door and another door appears.

Unread postby GenFusha » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:29 pm

I have a facebook (no myspace) but KP I wasn't aware that you could let people see your limited profile even if they aren't logged on with Facebook.
-If there is one way I'd wanna be remembered, its for passion, for enthusiam- Conservation is my job, my life, my whole personna!*grin*-

--Steve Irwin.

1962-2006

Husband, Father, Hero, Legend. *salutes*
GenFusha
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kong Wen » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:01 am

What do people have against mini-feeds? I don't see too much of a problem with them, but maybe it's just because my use of the site is very limited.
Kong Wen
Golden God
Golden God

Unread postby Adam » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:51 am

I find it somewhat disturbing that I created a profile there the same day you posted that.... :P
Someone jabbed at me about it on MySpace and I joined for some reason, turns out said person never uses the thing and was screwing with me.
I believe I will just randomly join groups or create groups that no one will join.
My god, it's like my real life!
And I found the worst possible picture of myself to put on there; it's hard to pick only one bad one.
Bah, here's a link for everybody who cares (IE no one :P ): http://www.facebook.com/p/Adam_Sisemore/512001652
Edit: OK, freaky, I just searched one of my old schools and found a crapload of people I knew, MySpace had two people.
Freaky.
-亚当
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mike » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:52 am

Kong Wen wrote:What do people have against mini-feeds? I don't see too much of a problem with them, but maybe it's just because my use of the site is very limited.

A lot of the users say that it infringes on their privacy. Its too "stalkerish" to have it. Frankly, I don't see anything wrong with it. You're bound to find out if the person posted on someone else's wall or has made friends with someone. The site's already a perfect haven for stalkers anyways...so who cares...lol.

I've got a facebook. Its mainly to check up on things. I rarely post on people's walls. Easier just to talk in person or through MSN.
Mike
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kong Wen » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:06 am

Mike wrote:A lot of the users say that it infringes on their privacy. Its too "stalkerish" to have it. Frankly, I don't see anything wrong with it. You're bound to find out if the person posted on someone else's wall or has made friends with someone. The site's already a perfect haven for stalkers anyways...so who cares...lol.

I've got a facebook. Its mainly to check up on things. I rarely post on people's walls. Easier just to talk in person or through MSN.

I think I agree with most of what you're saying. If you're on Facebook in the first place, you should be prepared for people to be able to look you up and see what's going on. Besides, you can always delete the mini-feed stories you don't want people to see from your profile. Like anything on the internet, you should be careful about what you put online.

There are a lot of people who seem to use profile walls to chat. That's what instant messengers are for.
Kong Wen
Golden God
Golden God

Next

Return to The Pub