What is your favorite section of SoSZ?

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

What is your favorite section of SoSZ?

Unread postby James » Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:49 pm

When you visit Scholars of Shen Zhou, what section do you enjoy most? Where do you spend most of your time (and how much time do you spend there)? Have you fallen in love with other sections after being in the forum for a while?

And what sections do you dislike, if any?
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Re: What is your favorite section of SoSZ?

Unread postby Lexus Fiend » Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:01 pm

James wrote:When you visit Scholars of Shen Zhou, what section do you enjoy most? Where do you spend most of your time (and how much time do you spend there)? Have you fallen in love with other sections after being in the forum for a while?

And what sections do you dislike, if any?

Well, since I came here initially for the discussion of the Three Kingdoms period, and I am still learing more day by day about the era. So, the Symposium has to be my favorite still even though it's not the one I frequent the most. At first this was the only place I checked out, but as time has gone by, I started to explore a bit.

I like Gamers Haven a lot as well, being as I am a sports-freak, and a fan of video games, it's right up my alley. I also love The Pub, the different topics and conversations that take place there are great. I probably spend more time there at the pub than other places, sort of like real life :lol: Ah, just playin of course. Anyway, the "Off-Topic" forums let all of us Scholars get to know eachother better, and get to chat about things we wouldn't normally chat about of course. The RTK forum is good as well.

I can't say I dislike any particular forums, as a few of them I don't even look at. If I had to say one, it would be the Current Affairs forum, I get plenty, plenty enough of that elsewhere on the internet, TV, and in real life...

EDIT: So, what about you James? Which do you prefer, or is it kind of unfair to ask? :wink:
-Devin aka LuckyD
*Neighborhood Superstar*
"Street smarts on the level of a Harvard degree."
Lexus Fiend
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: What is your favorite section of SoSZ?

Unread postby James » Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:38 pm

Lexus Fiend wrote:EDIT: So, what about you James? Which do you prefer, or is it kind of unfair to ask? :wink:

Hmm… Sanguo Yanyi Symposium is by far my favorite. I like reading in LAP. I participate perhaps most in Current Affairs where I throw around opinions on matters as if I actually knew something about the world around me.

Gamers’ Haven has a lot of cool stuff, but I really like Other Three Kingdoms Games because that is where I find stuff like Destiny of an Emperor – the games I <i>really</i> enjoy. I don’t go to Dynasty Warriors much at all anymore – I just don’t really enjoy the games like I used to (and I used to <i>really</i> love Dynasty Warriors 3).

I like Foreign Kingdoms, but it is too far outside our demographic for me to have many people to chat with in that forum. And that’s not a big deal to me. I spend so much time around computers that I tend not to get too interested in discussing them in great detail. I do, however, love to chat about Web design with fellow forum members.

It helps to recall that the forum was born of my dream, so obviously it is going to bear some old-school resemblance to my interests, even though the community has evolved it into a somewhat different creature. :)
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby SunXia » Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:21 pm

Well I love the DWT section, it was what brought me here, but I enjoy other sections of the forum so much its hard to pick a favourite!!

I love The Pub, its great too!!
And Gamer's Haven!!

DWT is still up there though!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Jake » Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:23 pm

I kinda like the DWT Section, that's too, what really brought me here. I spent my time much there in the beginning, but now, I have been in Pub, and in the Gamer's Haven a lots more, than DWT.
Puhkon silmäni, että näkisin
En tahdo nähdä, mutta näen sen väkisin
Runtelen korvani, jotta kuulisin
En ymmärrä, mutta kuulen sen väkisin
Jake
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Adam » Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:49 pm

What's odd is I don't know how I found this page anymore, so I can't add what drew me here really.

I'd say I like the Pub the best, cause, uhh, I dunno?
Least of all is Current Affairs, not because I don't like going there and reading stuff etc. mostly because everytime I post there I feel like I'm going to have to argue with someone for two hours. :P
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby JamesD » Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:54 pm

Mine is definatly the history section. I always love to learn what happens behind the book.
JamesD
Langzhong

Unread postby Liu Yuante » Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:20 am

Well, it used to be the SGYY Symposium. I spent my first 6-8 months here debating endlessly in there, especially about whether or not Cao Cao was a despicable blackguard or not.

Nowadays though I almost never post in there, largely because I don't have time for arguments and debates, and most of the factual info in there is stuff I already know from reading it already. Most new threads are opinion or debate based.

I read in the Literature section fairly often but post only rarely. The Pub is easily the center of my activity nowadays, with Doctor Who and Comic Book discussion being the main areas of posting, though I read a lot of threads that I don't post to. I also read in World History quite often but my only posting there is in my Ancient Coins thread. I don't have any fondness for Current Affairs, as I don't have the time or energy to deal with disagreements over this, that and the other thing. I also like the Gaming thread ok, although a lot of the games I like get very little discussion. I do enjoy the few discussions of real sports though.

So I don't really know if I have a favorite, probably the Pub if I had to choose. Most of my activity outside a few core interests is very scattershot, a thread here, a thread there, chosen from the Posts Since Last Visit listing, and most of those end up being Pub threads. and several of my main interests are Pub topics anyway, so yeah, I'd say that's my favorite, mostly because it's more laid-back and less stressful.

Adrian
Liu Yuante
绯红王

Unread postby azn099 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:23 am

The Pub of course. I just love general sections.
azn099
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby The Zibbuto » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:40 pm

Pub is great, but I like the art and literature sections as well
FUKUSHIMA: I hate tractor-beam! It makes me itching!
HONDA: are you sure that there aren't crab louses?
http://starkessen.altervista.org/Englis ... hPage.html
The Zibbuto
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Somewhere in time... Planning to become Zhuge Liang's worse Nightmare

Next

Return to The Pub