What songs are you currently listening to?

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Unread postby azn099 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:08 am

Song: Jibun Kakumei
Artist: Miyavi
Album: idk
Rating: 10/10
Comment: This has got to be the coolest song ever. Lol the guy doing these hick-up screams is so cool, and the song is good too. Haha the video is great too.

Song: Senor, Senora, Senorita
Artist: Miyavi
Album: idk...
Comment: Another great song by Miyavi, but what is it with the Spanish style? Lol...

Song: Night of Tokyo City
Artist: Morning Musume
Rating: 9/10
Comment: I love this song its cute, but good at the same time.

Song: Buttercup
Artist: Morning Musume
Comment: This song is so cute haha and I love the way the voices and lyrics are.
azn099
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Snake » Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:15 am

Song: Angel of Death
Artist: Slayer
Album: Reign in Blood
Comment: I thought of knocking it down in the ratings as i've listened to it so often that it's fairly repetative but why punish the song for my own actions? After all, it's got an excellent riff, stereotypical whacky Slayer solos, full-on lyrics and, as Lombardo always manages, awesome drumming.
Former Australian Prime Minister Bob Hawke was at one time the world record holder for fastest sculling of a yard of beer
Snake
Master

Unread postby Lexus Fiend » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:38 am

Song:Numb (I beleive the title of the song is Numb)
Artist: Ben Folds Five
Album: ?
Comment: This is a beautiful song on many different levels. The events that take place in the song almost hit really close to home as a decision like that was very close to being made in my own personal life, during perhaps the hardest point in my life. Those who understand what the song is about will know what I'm speaking of. Glad I didn't go that route, but the song is masterfully crafted in telling a story, and the music is beautiful. It is a very underrated, and a great song in the history of all music.

Song: Wonderwall
Artist: Oasis
Album:I kinda sorta forgot...
Rating: 9.5/10
Comment: Another song that really hits very close to home. It is very well put together, and as the previous song, it tells a story. A story of love that reminded me in almost countless ways of my ex (current at the time) girlfriend, and our relationship as a whole. This is good old school Oasis, a band that IMO could have been the Rolling Stones of this generation, but it didn't quite work out that way.

Note: See people, I like things other than rap and hip hop!

Uh, that said...

Song: Neighborhood Superstar
Artist: The Hot Boyz
Album: Block Burner
Comment: This is from when Cash Money records out of New Orleans first started producing albums for nationwide sale. The song features a 14 year old talented Lil Wayne, B.G., and Juvenile, with the incomparable beats by Mannie Fresh. This is the best of the best with Ca$h Money, this was before anyone outside of the N.O. had even heard of them, much less a relatively obscure song that was different from others on the album. It's extremely catchy, has an absolutly great bass line, and Lil Wayne's verse sets it off. Not to mention, this is one of my theme songs, and if you don't know what a Neigborhood Superstar is.... ask your neighbor :lol:
-Devin aka LuckyD
*Neighborhood Superstar*
"Street smarts on the level of a Harvard degree."
Lexus Fiend
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Marc » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:38 am

Song: Instruments of Destruction
Artist: NRG
Album: Transformers: The Movie OST
Comment: Just a really good metal song to get going to. Of course, it's better if you hear it in the background while watching the movie. :wink:

Instruments of Destruuuction! Toooools of powerplaaaaays!
Roses are red, violets are blue,
Omae wa mo shindeiru
Marc
Robot In Disguise
Robot In Disguise

Unread postby Rhiannon » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:12 pm

Baiko Arashi wrote:S.E.X by lyfe jennings

Again, Baiko, please use the format of the thread; otherwise, this will be considered spam.

As for me...

Song: Moonlight Shadow (a cover)
Artist: KOKIA
Album: 人間ってそんなものね
Comment: I'm fond of this song in almost every cover I've heard of it (The Shadows excluded). I was snooping around on the net about possible covers I hadn't heard yet, and finally found KOKIA's cover in a fan video (clickie here). There's just something lovely about the way it's sung and the tones of the vocalist that make this cover possibly my favorite just above the rest. :)
"For us to have self-esteem is truly an act of revolution and our revolution is long overdue."
— Margaret Cho
Rhiannon
Joy & Oblivion
Joy & Oblivion

Unread postby Chris the King » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:07 pm

Two songs from my "Morning Chill" playlist.

Song: Creep
Artist: Radiohead
Comment: One of the first slow songs I remember that uses cuss words. Great lyrics and melody, but the music video scares the crap out of me.

Song: Don't Know Why
Artist: Norah Jones
Rating: 8/10
Comment: This chick's smokey voice blends perfectly with the jazzy style of the song.
Chris the King
Changshi

Unread postby Baiko Arashi » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:05 pm

Rhiannon wrote:
Baiko Arashi wrote:S.E.X by lyfe jennings

Again, Baiko, please use the format of the thread; otherwise, this will be considered spam.

As for me...

Song: Moonlight Shadow (a cover)
Artist: KOKIA
Album: 人間ってそんなものね
Comment: I'm fond of this song in almost every cover I've heard of it (The Shadows excluded). I was snooping around on the net about possible covers I hadn't heard yet, and finally found KOKIA's cover in a fan video (clickie here). There's just something lovely about the way it's sung and the tones of the vocalist that make this cover possibly my favorite just above the rest. :)

i would have if i knew it, couldnt really find a reliable source i head the album was called like 3 different things

Admin Edit: Replied via PM.
eh, ill find something witty to put here later.

Nothing do your mortal soul.
Arashi Baiko
Combat: 100
Command: 85
Charisma: 75
Intelligence: 70
Baiko Arashi
Prison Warden of SoSZ

Unread postby azn099 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:39 pm

Baiko Arashi wrote:i would have if i knew it, couldnt really find a reliable source i head the album was called like 3 different things

Admin Edit: Replied via PM.

Then just fill out the rest of the info and leave album blank. I don't know the album for many of the Japanese songs I have on my mp3.

Song: Listen to my Heart
Artist: BoA
Album: BEST OF SOUL
Comment: A powerpop song by BoA. Pretty nice music in the background.

Song: No. 1
Album: single
Comment: Another powerpop song and powerpop songs always have nice music...

Song: Be the One
Album: Love and Honesty
Comment: Need I repeat the same thing again...
azn099
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Adam » Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:49 am

Blegh, should rename it what are -some- of the songs you are listening to, I spent hours listening to a lotta crap today thanks to severe writer's block. So here's a small small selection.

Song:Told You So
Artist: Barenaked Ladies
Album:Stunt
Comment:I realise their music is generally comedic, but for some reason this song brings back memories, and it does make a point about letting go of things. (least that's what I get)

Song:23
Artist: Jimmy Eat World
Album: One Tree Hill Soundtrack Vol. 2
Rating:10/10
Comment: Great song. Kinda tells you not to sit on yer ass and do nothing and go out and get what you want. Apparently it has no effect on me. :P

Song:Exciteable Boy
Artist:Warren Zevon
Album:Genius: The Best of Warren Zevon
Rating:9/10
Comment: One of the best artists of all time. Hard to only pick just one Warren Zevon song though, but this one's the most interesting of them. Though Play it All Night long is kinda weird too.

And an honorable mention to James' recommendation of An Empire of Questions.
-亚当
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub