Girlfriend

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Girlfriend

Unread postby Zhao_Yun666 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:50 pm

Umm I'm so shy, but my hormones are acting up and i really want a girlfriend that i can share my love with, any tips on attracting a girl and eventually going out with one. Please offer some feedback for this poor soul who has never had a girlfriend.
I am the fire that rages on! Who can put it out?
Zhao_Yun666
Initiate

Re: Girlfriend

Unread postby Frank » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:18 am

Zhao_Yun666 wrote:Umm I'm so shy, but my hormones are acting up and i really want a girlfriend that i can share my love with, any tips on attracting a girl and eventually going out with one. Please offer some feedback for this poor soul who has never had a girlfriend.

Well, I know what it's like, bro, because I'm 17 and I've only had one girlfriend, but I have dated around, at least a little bit, and it's become easier for me because I realized that, from what I can tell, girls mostly like it if the guy is confident in himself, and that's what I think you should consider.

If you like someone, and you suspect that they may like you, then just very non-chalantly ask them to go out to see a movie or get a bite to eat.(But no where too fancy: you don't want to seem desperate.) And what happens, happens. The key is to not put any pressure on them, and, just remember: don't worry about the response. I know I feel much better every time I ask a girl out, regardless of the conclusion, because I know that I was at least confident enough to ask.

Buuut, if you don't have anyone in mind... well, mingle. Put yourself out there, meet friends' friends. It's honestly not too hard once you get used to it.

I don't know... I hope that helps. :)
/b/lackup has arrived.
Frank
Florida’s Finest

Unread postby Mistelten » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:46 am

If you just don't have guts around girls, just try talking to any pretty girl you see when you're out in town. Say things that have nothing to do with anything, like "Hey I have three eyes" and see where it goes from there. Some people will give you weird looks or whatever but the main thing is that you get over that fear.

Then you have to learn how to make small talk. The main thing to remember here is that you have to keep it interesting. You don't have to know all about any certain thing, just read a magazine or a paper and start a conversation about something that interested you. THEN tie it in to another subject and keep a moving conversation.

Then if you're going to ask somebody out -- first make sure it's someone you actually want to and not a superficial person (unless that's your thing) -- just ask something like "what time do you get off (work)," or "Have you ever been up to (whatever place)" or something like that.
Mistelten
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Baiko Arashi » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:55 am

umm im somewhat good with girls...billy62289 thats my aim hit me up ill help you the best i can...just know girls love confidence..and be nice not a dick...tell her she is beautiful not hott
eh, ill find something witty to put here later.

Nothing do your mortal soul.
Arashi Baiko
Combat: 100
Command: 85
Charisma: 75
Intelligence: 70
Baiko Arashi
Prison Warden of SoSZ

Unread postby Jason » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:07 am

Mistelten wrote:Say things that have nothing to do with anything, like "Hey I have three eyes"

I reall don't think it's a smart idea to walk up to an attractive woman, and say somethign so random and stupid. 99% of the time, it will get you an odd look, and them walking away quickly.
“I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.”

― Harun Yahya
Jason
Legendary

Unread postby Baiko Arashi » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:08 am

ya really dont be a dummy.. i mean making a girl laugh is one of the best things you can do..but dont look like an idiot while doing it

Arashi Baiko
Baiko Arashi
Prison Warden of SoSZ

Unread postby Jason » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:11 am

If you can't impress a girl just being yourself, then, it isn't worth the time.
Last edited by Jason on Fri May 17, 2013 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.”

― Harun Yahya
Jason
Legendary

Unread postby Baiko Arashi » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:16 am

ya and dont look desperate, think what they are getting..a great guy... dont think that wow she is cute, think about the good things in you and use em...if you have nice eyes, bat those mothers til your eyelids are sore

Arashi Baiko
Baiko Arashi
Prison Warden of SoSZ

Unread postby Mistelten » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:37 am

The point isn't to act an ass but to try and get some confidence when you talk to strangers. Obviously you aren't trying to pick up people you walk up and say random things to, but you learn how to approach people, which is the main problem for most guys. It's not rocket science. You don't have to be witty or hilarious, just interested and interesting....and try to have some backbone.

And if all else fails, there's one way that cannot fail (unless you're completely fat or have no sense of style or something): Out of fifty girls at a party, at least one is going to say "yes" to you, and many of them are just waiting for someone to come up and talk to them. So do that and get back to us.
Mistelten
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Adam » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:41 am

Ahh, so that's why 50 girls turned me down at a party once
:P
I'll just refer you to my other post on the uhhhh.....secrets thread I think.
Gave some terrific advice to Jedi, I did!
:P

-Adam Sisemore
"Where's my spool?!"
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Next

Return to The Pub