Questions Thread

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Re: Questions Thread

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:12 pm

SunXia wrote:Good luck!! If they have stronger over-the-counter anti-inflammatory pills ask the chemist/pharmacist!!

Pain escalated over night, had an emergency appointment at a local dentist and I'm now on 2 forms of antibiotics.
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:39 pm

I'm assuming they gave you pain relief too?? Very clearly there was an infection involved!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:41 pm

SunXia wrote:I'm assuming they gave you pain relief too?? Very clearly there was an infection involved!!

Yeah wisdom teeth and a tooth infection
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Human5 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:35 pm

Hello everybody. Here is my question. When you see a 2.5ghz quad core processor, does it mean 2.5ghz per core? or all the cores' power sums up to 2.5 ghz?
Human5
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Korin » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:58 pm

What other ROTK forums are there? - That talk about anything related to ROTK - novel and game series included. [Don't mention KW please-that's not a ROTK forum]
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:53 pm

Its a Koei forum, hence Koei Warriors, but Koei's staple series is based on RoTK whether you like them or not!!

There have been several forums over the years but many have come and gone, many of the veterans here, from before my time, came here from those other forums that died out!! Best if one of them were to know!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Korin » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:09 am

SunXia wrote:Its a Koei forum, hence Koei Warriors, but Koei's staple series is based on RoTK whether you like them or not!!

There have been several forums over the years but many have come and gone, many of the veterans here, from before my time, came here from those other forums that died out!! Best if one of them were to know!!

top comment: Yeah, but hardly anybody talks about ROTK over there--they don't even have a section for this so-called "staple" series, why? Most ROTK main series traffic goes to other forums besides there since nobody even cares about the game that DW came from there. ;/

Waiting for others to reply, and I'll just use google to search for "Romance of the three kingdoms forums."
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lady Wu » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:15 am

Korin wrote:Waiting for others to reply, and I'll just use google to search for "Romance of the three kingdoms forums."

It'll be interesting if you dig up something. Basically all the English RoTK-based forums that I know of have died out over the years.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:25 am

Lady Wu wrote:
Korin wrote:Waiting for others to reply, and I'll just use google to search for "Romance of the three kingdoms forums."

It'll be interesting if you dig up something. Basically all the English RoTK-based forums that I know of have died out over the years.

I spent some time frequenting some of the smaller ones a few years ago but smaller boards tend to have short life spans and all my old boards are long gone.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Korin » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:48 pm

Lady Wu wrote:
Korin wrote:Where can I find a website with list of forums?

Not sure if one exists. It might be more helpful to search for a topic you're interested in and see if there are any discussion boards on that?

http://www.big-boards.com/

Some old website that lists a group of forums/message boards--but doesn't have them all obviously but has most... Yeah and your idea is probably my 2nd and only other option.

Stay tuned soon as I will reply about the ROTK forums digging up on google ASAP
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub