Questions Thread

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Unread postby Alucard » Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:27 am

Here is a link for different HIV test. http://health.yahoo.com/health/centers/hiv_aids/5
I don't regret the decision I made that day. Even now. But...my heart still aches. I..I want to follow my heart. Whether it is right or wrong will be judged by history. - Pahn
Alucard
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: In a house where I open a door and another door appears.

Unread postby Elven Fury » Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:32 am

An HIV+ Individual can pass the virus through any contact of bodily fluid, i.e. semen, blood, MASSIVE amounts of saliva... notice massive, it would take liek a gallon i was told to pass the virus to an individual... but a blood test is the best bet to be sure about it...
It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If we take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale. Understanding others - other people, other beliefs, and other nations - will help you become whole.
Elven Fury
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby GLUEMAN » Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:43 am

can men grow facial hair when they are in a coma ?
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y & ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
GLUEMAN
Scholar

Unread postby robbyjo » Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:48 am

Yes, they can. Human body functions normally for the most part when they're in coma though the metabolism is much lowered.

BTW, please stop laughing like that. I can't see this as funny... ;)

-- Rob
:mrgreen:
robbyjo
Überducky of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Elven Fury » Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:58 am

robbyjo wrote:Yes, they can. Human body functions normally for the most part when they're in coma though the metabolism is much lowered.

BTW, please stop laughing like that. I can't see this as funny... ;)

-- Rob

Ahh if it amuses him let it amuse him... it cant do us any harm.... though its not really funny whatever floats your boat...
Glueman all bodily functions keep going while your in a comea, maybe slower but still happen, as im hair growth nail growth etc...
It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If we take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale. Understanding others - other people, other beliefs, and other nations - will help you become whole.
Elven Fury
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby WuK'ung » Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:57 pm

I have a question. What is trolling? I'm fairly new to the forum thing (not just this one) and couldn't find anything in the public council.
I have a new sig!... Whoo!
WuK'ung
Assistant

Unread postby KingofWei&Wu » Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:00 pm

WuK'ung wrote:I have a question. What is trolling? I'm fairly new to the forum thing (not just this one) and couldn't find anything in the public council.

Imperial Edicts-Forum Rules wrote:Trolling
Trolling is a net term, which refers to a malicious post that is designed to anger or upset people in general, cause flame wars, or otherwise unwanted behavior on the forum. Unlike a flame, a troll is generally not targetted toward a single person but to a group of people. Examples of trolling topics would include:

"Blondes: Just as Dumb as the Jokes Make Them"
"X-Box rocks, PS2 Bites!"
"DW4 is for Goons"

As you can see, topics like these are going to upset certain members who disagree. They are not designed with fair debate in mind. Topics such as "Which is better, X-Box or PS2?" or "Why are Blonds stereotyped as dumb?", on the other hand, permit a balanced discussion without inciting anger from either side of the opinion spectrum. As you can imagine, trolling also applies to individual posts, and not just new threads that are made. Posts such as "So which one of you stupid debators can prove me wrong?" are also considered trolling. Trolling is a serious offense (as serious, if not more, than flaming) that carries a severe warning with it. As such, we request that you avoid trolling, or responding to trolls. Make your topics and posts as unbiased and open for discussion as possible, and do not throw generalized insults to the members or any group of members on this board.

This should answer your question
So much the stronger proved
He with his thunder: and till then who knew
The force of those dire arms? yet not for those,
Nor what the potent victor in his rage
Can else inflict, do I repent or change
KingofWei&Wu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kong Wen » Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:06 pm

Trolling is very basically defined as trying to bait other members, or trying to deliberately tick people off. If you're trying to make someone upset, bait them into responding unnecessarily, etc., that is considered trolling. Even something like "Come on, are you giving up on this debate already? Looks like I win the argument! Me so smart!" is considered trolling.
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby WuK'ung » Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:10 pm

Alright. I get it now. Thanks
I have a new sig!... Whoo!
WuK'ung
Assistant

Unread postby Master Still Water » Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:18 am

I have a question (obviously) :roll:

I don't quite understand the phrase "keep your friends close and your enemies closer." Why on earth would you want your enemies closer to you than your friends? :?
In nine years' time things start to waste;
In thirteen years there isn't a trace.
Heaven sends things where they're due;
The mudbound dragon mounts the blue.

-From Master Stillwater to Liu Xuande
Master Still Water
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub