In mmemory of my beloved cat, Anastasia :(

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Re: In mmemory of my beloved cat, Anastasia :(

Unread postby DragonAtma » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:34 pm

Thanks, everyone; Josie is living out her last couple days on my bed, on the floor next to my bed, and on the desk next to my PC (which is where she is now). This is clearly the worst week of my life, but if Liu Bei can recover from losing Xuzhou and Cao Cao can recover from losing at Chibi, I can recover from this.
Unless I specifically say otherwise, assume I am talking about historical Three Kingdoms, and not the novel.

In memory of my beloved cats, Anastasia (9/30/06-9/18/17, illness) and Josephine (1/19/06-9/23/17, cancer).
DragonAtma
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Aaron.K » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:29 pm

Sorry for your loss mate. I know how hard it is to lose a beloved pet. Sometimes it sucks to get attached to creatures that live so short a time. One of my friends tried remedying this by getting box tortoises because as he said "I know they'll outlive me". But then he has to worry if anyone will take care of them after he's gone. It's a losing battle.

Just gotta remember that while they're only part of our world for a little bit, we're their entire world, and they really ask nothing of us, yet they love us unconditionally.

You'll overcome this. I know it.
"Why have you come to Jotunheim all alone?"
Aaron.K
Master

Unread postby DragonAtma » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:57 pm

Thanks; Josie is still here with us, but will not be around much longer (her fur is room temperature, and she can't even walk).

Josie always growled at Polgar when she got close; only when Josie was in her final days did she realize Polgar cared about her. Oh, how I wish she realized that sooner! :(
Unless I specifically say otherwise, assume I am talking about historical Three Kingdoms, and not the novel.

In memory of my beloved cats, Anastasia (9/30/06-9/18/17, illness) and Josephine (1/19/06-9/23/17, cancer).
DragonAtma
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DragonAtma » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:30 am

Unfortunately, Josie has joined Ana. It looked as if she might somehow last until tomorrow, but that was not to be. :(

DragonAtma
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sakae Wu » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:10 am

Aaron.K wrote:Sorry for your loss mate. I know how hard it is to lose a beloved pet. Sometimes it sucks to get attached to creatures that live so short a time. One of my friends tried remedying this by getting box tortoises because as he said "I know they'll outlive me". But then he has to worry if anyone will take care of them after he's gone. It's a losing battle.

Just gotta remember that while they're only part of our world for a little bit, we're their entire world, and they really ask nothing of us, yet they love us unconditionally.

You'll overcome this. I know it.

Well said Aaron!

I was mostly a dog person until I adopted a kitten from a friend when I lived in the states. I was surprised at how clever she could be and how attached I would become with her. (An orange Tabby named Maggie)
I never needed an alarm clock as Maggie would climb on my chest at 6 am sharp everyday. She would also wait by the door everyday when I returned from work.
Although she was an indoor cat, she decided to go out adventuring one day. Unfortunately, she got in a fight with a raccoon and was in pretty bad shape. The Vet suggested to put her to sleep as her wounds were already infected.
Saying goodbye to her was one of the worst days of my life.
It takes time, but you'll get through it. Cats are smart, and I'm sure they know you cared for them deeply.

I'm sorry for your loss Dragon, hang in there and try to remember the good times you shared.
Sakae Wu
Initiate

Previous

Return to The Pub