Is sex outside of.........

Discuss events that have an impact on you and the world today. A home for honest, serious, and open discussion.

Unread postby Jordan » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:45 am

Yes of course it's wrong. What a stupid question. Sex is not wrong but sex outside of marriage is wrong. If you want to have sex outside a relationship then just do not marry the woman. That is NOT wrong because you never made any contract binding you to the woman you are in a relationship. In my opinion the only point of marriage is for two people to have a baby. Thus if you have sex outside a relationship it is possible (even with condums) to get the other woman pregnant and then your spouse would/might have to care for that baby as well which is unfair. If people get married one of the things I think they are agreeing on is that when/if they have babies they will take care of them together and devote their time for caring for one another as well as the child and not go screwing around and doing whatever the hell they want.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby WeiTreize » Mon May 02, 2005 1:37 pm

I do not think it is wrong you should talk to the person you are with before you do it to see if you really love them.
"A single death is a tragedy;A million deaths is a statistic."
-Joseph Stalin 1945
WeiTreize
Academic

Unread postby Omega52 » Fri May 13, 2005 8:48 pm

The three rules to live a good life are
1. Don't get married before you are 24
2. Don't have children out of marraige
3. Get highschool diploma.

So I hear

I think todays culture doesn't know how to just keep it's pants on and wait a little bit, it is a horrible, disgusting, debaucharous society we live in and I despise it.
"I mistrust the judgement of every man in a case in which his own wishes are concerned."- Field Marshal Arthur Wellesley
Omega52
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SYL » Fri May 13, 2005 9:19 pm

If two people love and are committed to each other, why should we villify them for having sex out of marriage? Is a married couple any different to a committed couple in a long-term relationship? Oh, perhaps the woman gets pregnant - a committed unmarried couple can bring up a baby as well as a married one can. The problem - if there is one, and it isn't just western society's puritan streak manifesting itself once more - is not marriage, it's commitment, and people treating the issue of sex perhaps too lightly.

You don't need to get married to have sex, you don't need to get married to have a family, despite legal bias. What you do need is love and commitment. Or too much alcohol, but I don't recommend that.
aortic high arctic part mood altered paradise is lost
SYL
Esswhyell

Unread postby Omega52 » Sat May 14, 2005 1:11 am

SYL wrote:If two people love and are committed to each other, why should we villify them for having sex out of marriage? Is a married couple any different to a committed couple in a long-term relationship? Oh, perhaps the woman gets pregnant - a committed unmarried couple can bring up a baby as well as a married one can. The problem - if there is one, and it isn't just western society's puritan streak manifesting itself once more - is not marriage, it's commitment, and people treating the issue of sex perhaps too lightly.

You don't need to get married to have sex, you don't need to get married to have a family, despite legal bias. What you do need is love and commitment. Or too much alcohol, but I don't recommend that.

Sex is a mechanism of reproduction. Sex should not be done casually, I beleive the more casually it is done, the more obscene it is. Kid's shouldn't be running around having sex, they should be acting their age, and adults shouldn't act like kids. I could rant and rant and rant about how immature and stupid a lot of adults are and how old kids think they are but thats a tad off topic.
"I mistrust the judgement of every man in a case in which his own wishes are concerned."- Field Marshal Arthur Wellesley
Omega52
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LTP » Sat May 14, 2005 1:15 am

SlickSlicer wrote: In my opinion the only point of marriage is for two people to have a baby.

That's ridiculous. I'm assuming you've never experienced love before, as if you had, you'd understand. Marriage is a bind, something to allow two people to get closer together than anything else in the world. In my opinion, sex outside of marriage isn't at all wrong. It's associating love with sex, when the two are mostly entirely different beasts.
LTP
Tyro

Unread postby malthaussen » Sat May 14, 2005 1:16 am

Sex is a club which states and religions use to beat people over the head and keep them in line. In media-oriented societies, it is also used as an enticement to sell a product or a point of view.

The question is almost meaningless without context. What is meant by "wrong?" Morally wrong? Legally wrong? Spiritually wrong? Are "wrong" and "right" even applicable to sex? Do wolves, wolverines, Siberian geese and other animals worry if sex is "wrong?" Some of these make lifetime commitments, others do not. But who is to say, from the viewpoint of the wolf or goose, what part sex plays in that commitment?

I believe there is no objective answer to this question. The rightness or wrongness of any action, consent and adulthood assumed, is for the individuals involved to determine.

Nothing much new here. I will note, however, that sex without marriage is often ill-advised. But then again, marriages are often ill-advised. Certainly marrying someone just to have sex is remarkably short-sighted.

-- Mal
"Of two choices, I always take the third."
malthaussen
Initiate

Unread postby onepiptorulethemall » Fri May 20, 2005 8:17 pm

Sex is an integral part of what we are. Insisting it can only happen with one person inside a binding relationship is insanity.

Our forebears attitudes to sex were so much healthier than ours that I wonder how we managed to get to the repressive situation we are in now.

Infidielity is wrong, of course, you are breaking a promise. But I don't think that is what the OP was asking?

Peace

Pip
onepiptorulethemall
Initiate

Unread postby Asellas » Fri May 20, 2005 8:39 pm

Anyone should be able to have sex anytime damn time they like, married or not, 1 night stand or anything. At the end of the day, it is two people that love each other, not some religious person or someone who thinks about "control" because if you conform to rules, well, "Society's" rules, then you are letting yourself go and doing things other people do that, well, they have no power to enforce them rules.
If countries get overrun, then so be it, the people who have sex a lot, reproduce many times, and overrun the country, then that is their responsibility. There could be laws where you can't have more than 2-4 children. You can have external rights like benefits taken away, but not the power to reproduce.

Right, that is all garbled, so I will sum what I want to say in a few words or a short sentence.
"People should have sex when and where they want, well, discretely, marriage to me is just a woman inheriting a man's name, a piece of paper does not make love shine more nor does it change anything."

I don't think it is right for anyone or any party, whether it be politicians, no-status people, followers of religion etc... to take away the right or say that sex outside of marriage is wrong. Sure, they can rightfully think it - no one can change that. However, to me, it's wrong to say sex outside of marriage is wrong because not every single person agrees with it, therefore, it is an opinion which certain parties like to believe that it's a fact when in actuality, it is not. Just like sex outside of marriage is right shouldn't be said, because again, it's an opinion. Right and wrong are subjective, at least in this case: that gives the right for the two people concerned to decide if it is right or wrong for them and not others deciding it is right or wrong.
"Winter is coming".
"I like hurting people...it's what I do best because I am heartless".
"Love is for poets, romance is for playwrights, and sex is for procreation - I desire none of them"
Asellas
Lord of Winterfell

Unread postby bodidley » Sat May 21, 2005 2:04 am

I think people have an inalienble right to consensual sex. It's just not someone's right to tell other people how and when to do it. That's the ultimate perversion in my opinion.

However, I don't think that most of the sex before marriage that goes on is a matter of love. I think it is a matter of natural physical desires. People definately spread disease through irresponsible sex. In countries that have devastating AIDS epidemics, I couldn't argue against any legislation prohibiting unmarried sex or adultury; it's a matter of national survival.
bodidley
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Current Affairs