Is sex outside of.........

Discuss events that have an impact on you and the world today. A home for honest, serious, and open discussion.

Unread postby Emily » Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:42 pm

Manipulated Destiny wrote:Is only sex outside of marriage wrong? or ..and topic sentence to each selection.

A long-term and commited relationship? ( 2 year +) Wrong? Ok?
A commited relationship (one year ) Wrong ? Ok?
A semi-commited relationship ( six months tops) Wrong ? ok?

In my opinion, the level and depth of commitment doesn't really matter. If you partner is accepting of your extraneous affairs, then I see nothing wrong with them. Hey, some people actually enjoy that kind of thing, and if that's what they want, then I won't preach otherwise.

Personally, I strongly dislike the idea, as I'd have to claw the eyes out of anyone who even thought about sleeping with my husband.

However, it is never ok to have an outside relationship that your partner doesn't know about because this is a breach of the trust that all successful relationships rely on.

HiddenRanbir wrote:Can't the whole idea of "marriage" be debated as well?

Oh, easily. To me, a marriage is really just a symbolic declaration of a couple's love. It's nice, but not necessary. It is quite possible to have a loving, committed relationship that is by far stronger than many modern marriages. (Especially when you consider that in the U.S., one out of every two marriages ends in divorce.)
Last edited by Emily on Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The person who knows how to laugh at himself will never cease to be amused." --Shirley Maclaine
Emily
Texas Tornado

Unread postby Ninjastarfish » Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:23 pm

I'm going to chime in and agree with Emily here. It's not that sex is wrong, or that extramarital (or extrarelationshipy) sex is wrong. It's about trust, and commitment and fidelity. If you have some sort of "arrangement" with your significant other, then what you are doing isn't a breach of trust.

However, I don't know many people who are really capable of being that, I dunno... un-posessive, in a relationship. I certainly couldn't agree to a relationship like that. But for those who can, they are not hurting anyone.

As for two unconnected people having (presumably) casual sex, that's their business and it certainly is not wrong.
Ninjastarfish
Student

Unread postby English_Druid » Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:07 pm

Ninja wrote:However, I don't know many people who are really capable of being that, I dunno... un-posessive, in a relationship. I certainly couldn't agree to a relationship like that.

I think its a good thing for people to bring a lil spice into their relationship, not that I would personally. But sex in long relationships would get dull and repetative, a good sex life is vital in a relationship IMO. If couples dont experiment and try new things, they will get bored and probably cheat.... Go Swingers!
But no one dies in the right place
Or in the right hour
And everyone dies sooner than his time
And before he reaches home.
English_Druid
Scholar of Ying Guo

Unread postby Elven Fury » Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:16 pm

quoting myself
Is having sex before your married right or wrong? Is wating the right thing to do? or do you think that you have the full right to do what you want?
sorry right now im really pissed off about something... its kinda about
teen sex but its also about programs that speak against it...
theres a group in my school called the sexagon... theyre legit come out and admit it the kids who will do it on first date kind of people... but..
one local thing here is called worth the wait... well they do like skits about waiting and how sex is wrong and all that... but these (ex-friends) and an ex-girlfriend... they are ALL freshmen... innocence is bliss eh? they speak to middle schoolers hoping to bring them to light that its worn... bu ti think that they shouldnt even know about it really until high school...
anyways... the sexagon at my school used to do what?? o yes they were the Worth the Wait 2 years ago... wooo they seem to be waiting now... o yes...
but my thing is are programs that enlighten children (especially those involved) about sex at such an early age ok? to see what these programs have done to some kids at school... and could and are because when i was involved with this group of people they were the most perverted group ever... one was acting the s*** in the play... and well shes turning into one now... the ex gf when we were talking on the phone she would always ask me about certain parts (get the drift there)... one of my friends (unassociated) found a note in the hallway talking about me... and my well you know... from her to one of her friends... i mean then in this group there are some not involved with WtW and they are well... sane...
my problem is that i am proudly and sadly one of the few dwindiling numbers of virgins at my school, much less the Senior Class...
its an epidemic to think its ok... but its not In my opinion...

understanding though that throughout history that it has been ok due to the sheer fact the children were needed for work... therefore it was a need... but now in this case its a want...

i think its wrong... and the reason im so angry is that the news just did a report on it and they said ooo its so good... WELL THEY GOT AN ANGRY EMAIL FORM SOMEONE!!
erg... quite frankly it is a current problem in todays society so i thought i might bring it up...
It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If we take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale. Understanding others - other people, other beliefs, and other nations - will help you become whole.
Elven Fury
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby mettamind » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:02 am

Elven Fury wrote:Is having sex before your married right or wrong?

Nothing is wrong with sex before you're married. Unless you already have a partner & you do it with some one else without your partner's agreement, which means you're breaking your partner's trust, because for most people, sex is a symbol of trust & love.

Anyway, I can tell you that some wives actually allow their hubby to have sex with prostitute rather than having an affair with somebody else. So you see, sex and marriage don't necessarily mix.
mettamind
Apprentice

Unread postby sk8brat » Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:01 am

I think if someone is married, then sex with another is definitely wrong. You're not only being unfaithful to your spouse, you are endangering their life in this days of AIDS.
I have no problem with pre-marital sex if the ones involved are grown up and mature enough to handle the consequences. In today's world there are a lot of things to consider before taking that step. I believe the days of "if it feels good, do it" are past.
sk8brat
Tyro

Unread postby Coxix » Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:23 am

I think sex outside of marriage is wrong....It is a gift, a sacred gift that should be done only on the most sacred occasion, which I think is after marriage....
<a href="http://coxix.blogspot.com/">My Bunk </a>
Coxix
Scholar

Unread postby Aquinas » Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:56 pm

Whether or not sex outside of marriage is wrong depends on the individuals involved and their unique circumstances. What is wrong is when the moral majority -- either societal, religious, state sanctioned or otherwise -- enforce their ideaology regarding the matter onto others.

Personally, I don't think that it is wrong, but I do think that sex in general requires a level of maturity and foresight that many individuals do lack.
Aquinas
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Asellas » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:48 pm

I don't consider sex outside of marriage to be wrong. Marriage is just a piece of paper which states that the woman has the man's surname (though in some cases, the man can have the woman's surname)
If two people love each other, then they should be able to have as much sex or as little or have sex at anytime.
It's only wrong in religious circles but not in nonconformism.
"Winter is coming".
"I like hurting people...it's what I do best because I am heartless".
"Love is for poets, romance is for playwrights, and sex is for procreation - I desire none of them"
Asellas
Lord of Winterfell

Unread postby Liu Pi » Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:03 pm

I don't think that sex outside of marrige is wrong, but I personally believe that it should be a commited relationship, but if you want to have a one night stand then thats fine by me. The only type of sex that I think is wrong is rape.
"You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one." - James A. Froude
Liu Pi
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Current Affairs