Is sex outside of.........

Discuss events that have an impact on you and the world today. A home for honest, serious, and open discussion.

Is sex outside of.........

Unread postby Manipulated Destiny » Fri Aug 16, 2002 4:50 am

Is only sex outside of marriage wrong? or ..and topic sentence to each selection.

A long-term and commited relationship? ( 2 year +) Wrong? Ok?
A commited relationship (one year ) Wrong ? Ok?
A semi-commited relationship ( six months tops) Wrong ? ok?
Or is sex just a physical act that in no way implys emotional feelings toward the person you are having it with, and it (sex outside of the relationship)is ok no matter what kind of reationship your in.
Manipulated Destiny
Master

Location: Theres nothing you can do to me, STAB me SHOOT ME! YeeehhhhAAAAAAWWWW

Unread postby Iznoach, Legendary Dragon » Fri Aug 16, 2002 4:54 am

1)yes, it's wrong
2)yes, it's wrong
3)yes, it's wrong
4)no, it always means something unless you're just too drunk to remember it...
"Armed and dangerous, ain't too many can hang wit us
straight up weed no angel dust, label us Notorious..."--Biggie
Iznoach, Legendary Dragon
Gunslinger

Unread postby animetayl » Fri Aug 16, 2002 4:58 am

I believe that sex outside of marriage is wrong. Not to mention a bad choice. How many women have been left with bastard children because their boyfriends have left them. It ruins these women's lives, and it's extremely hard for a single woman to take care of a child alone.
I say to wait for someone who will love you until the day they die. Sex is supposed to be special, and as a woman, I believe that we shouldn't throw our virginity away to whomever crosses our path.
As you can tell, I'm not embarrassed in the least to talk about subjects like this. 8-)
animetayl
Sky Bandit

Unread postby Lu Xun » Fri Aug 16, 2002 5:09 am

Sex is never wrong, unless you're heavily intoxicated...which is my only experience. As for me, I normally would never have sex with someone I didn't love, but that doesn't mean that it is wrong to have sex with someone you don't love. Sex and virginity isn't a sacred thing, people only make it seem that way. Virginity is simply sentimental and American society *cough*Damn repressed Puritans*cough* has instilled in people. It is awful really that people have such horrible hang-ups on sex. I don't think people should be called sluts just because they a free-spirited indivduals who have differemt view. Now would I have sex with someone who had sex with just anyone? No, I will reserve that privledge for my loved one. 8-)

[edit] btw, if I ever inpregnated a woman. I'd definately take care of her and the child. No son of mine is going to live without a father and no woman I'm with is going to be alone. ^.^;;
性高潮枪
"Cheap sandal-maker! Do you always send your little bastard to the field?
If I call my little yellowbeard Cao Zhang over, he'll make meatballs of him!"
- Mengde
Lu Xun
Crown Prince of Shen Zhou

Location: Drinking wine, writing poems, and spending time with my concubines

Unread postby animetayl » Fri Aug 16, 2002 7:27 am

I say, if a man wants to have sex badly enough, make him earn it! If he really wants you, he'll wait for you. I don't believe in that 'non-commitment' act from guys. If a guy wants me, he's going to have to put that ring on my finger before I give myself to him. 8-)
animetayl
Sky Bandit

Eh?

Unread postby Rowde » Fri Aug 16, 2002 9:26 am

animetayl wrote:I say, if a man wants to have sex badly enough, make him earn it! If he really wants you, he'll wait for you. I don't believe in that 'non-commitment' act from guys. If a guy wants me, he's going to have to put that ring on my finger before I give myself to him. 8-)

That's not a very good guy. I mean he's doing all that just to have sex? Well I guess they need to start passing the Pulitzer prizes out now, cause man, there's a lot of people out there who need them.

First of all, I don't believe in a marriage. If I'm going to spend the rest of my life with somebody, then that means I have to really trust them completely. Marriage is a contract, a binding of individuals. You make people sign contracts so that they can't back out of their obligations. Despite the fact that of whether you think they're a good person or not, you feel you can't trust them completely, so you get their word in writing. Well then making someone sign a marriage contract completely negates what marriage is supposed to be about, right? Because if you're making them sign a contract, that means you don't trust them completely.

Second of all, I think the importance of sex is blown way out of proportion in our current society. I've been celibate for over three years now, and I think that I presently have far more meaningful relationships now than I ever did back in the day. I have had sex before, but I don't really miss it though.

If I look at it rationally, what is the purpose of having sex? Procreation, right? To spread my seed, to continue my blood line, and ensure the survival of my species. Only there are already six billion people on this planet. I don't think we're going anywhere for awhile. Our time would be better spent on trying to figure out a way to move civilization forward, instead of pondering where we will insert our wahoos, or, in contrast, which wahoos we will let in us.

Where does this idea that our bodies are so extremely sacred come from? We are not all individual and unique snowflakes. There are two basic models to the human anatomy. Males and Females. One has a penis, the other has a vagina. Breasts are glands covered in a layer of fat meant for feeding babies. The only thing that makes any of it "special" is the ideas in your very own head. Where did we get such notions. Gee, I wonder, it's only society that's been ramming the thought up my freaking nose since I was old enough to read.

So no, I don't think it's wrong to have sex outside of marriage or within any frame of time within a relationship because I don't think sex is important. However, I'm not saying that we are all emotionless zombies, or that we should be. I do have a contrasting theory.

Consider this for a moment:
You are going to die.
This is a true statement. We are all going to die someday. We were dying since the day we were born. Call me pessimistic if you want, but this really is only a realistic view of the situation.

What then is the most precious commodity that any one person can ever possess?
Time, time, time. I said it three times for finality.

My time spent with people is precious. I could die tomorrow and all you'd be left with is the time I spent with you on this boards. It is the only gift I really have to give. So, I don't think that it's just sex that can be taken for granted. You could take the time spent playing videogames with someone for granted as well, for example. Or time talking in a coffee shop, time doing the laundry together, etc. All of this is just as important.
Sex is just something you do in the end. It would be just as damaging doing anything else with someone you didn't really want to spend time with.

I think I could go on, but my mind seems rather jumbled right now as it is from thinking too much. I'm gonna see what everyone else thinks of this before I say anymore.
Copernicus of the New Age, take this unbearable weight of gravity, and liberate this galaxy!"
~ Kenji Miyazawa
Rowde
Intensified Luck Soldier

Re: Eh?

Unread postby Iznoach, Legendary Dragon » Fri Aug 16, 2002 9:56 am

Before I start, let me say I'm not bashing your opinion, I respect your opinion but I just love to argue. :twisted: Without further ado, please allow me to retort...

Rowde wrote:First of all, I don't believe in a marriage. If I'm going to spend the rest of my life with somebody, then that means I have to really trust them completely. Marriage is a contract, a binding of individuals. You make people sign contracts so that they can't back out of their obligations. Despite the fact that of whether you think they're a good person or not, you feel you can't trust them completely, so you get their word in writing. Well then making someone sign a marriage contract completely negates what marriage is supposed to be about, right? Because if you're making them sign a contract, that means you don't trust them completely.

Well, you can look at it that way, or you can look at marriage as a reinforcement of the commitment to live for one another. That's the way I choose to look at it...

Rowde wrote:Second of all, I think the importance of sex is blown way out of proportion in our current society. I've been celibate for over three years now, and I think that I presently have far more meaningful relationships now than I ever did back in the day. I have had sex before, but I don't really miss it though.

I also think the importance of sex is blown out of proportion, but I'll tell you this: up until a couple of days ago, I had been celibate for a while also (though not nearly as long), and I'll tell you I definitely missed it. You just can't base a whole relationship on sex, or it will quickly become stale.

Rowde wrote:If I look at it rationally, what is the purpose of having sex? Procreation, right? To spread my seed, to continue my blood line, and ensure the survival of my species. Only there are already six billion people on this planet. I don't think we're going anywhere for awhile. Our time would be better spent on trying to figure out a way to move civilization forward, instead of pondering where we will insert our wahoos, or, in contrast, which wahoos we will let in us.

I also agree that the planet is overpopulated with humans, but in all reality, in this day and age (if not always) there are other reasons people have sex...and I'd be willing to wager quite a bit of money that the reason most people have sex isn't to procreate...

Rowde wrote:Where does this idea that our bodies are so extremely sacred come from? We are not all individual and unique snowflakes. There are two basic models to the human anatomy. Males and Females. One has a penis, the other has a vagina. Breasts are glands covered in a layer of fat meant for feeding babies. The only thing that makes any of it "special" is the ideas in your very own head. Where did we get such notions. Gee, I wonder, it's only society that's been ramming the thought up my freaking nose since I was old enough to read.

I also agree to this point...I don't know why it's such a big deal and a taboo subject. I hypothesize that it's because you derive pleasure from sex, and according to the bible that's original sin, no?

Rowde wrote:So no, I don't think it's wrong to have sex outside of marriage or within any frame of time within a relationship because I don't think sex is important. However, I'm not saying that we are all emotionless zombies, or that we should be. I do have a contrasting theory.

Once again, I think it comes down to the 'commitment' between two people. Being monagamous (sp?) is like a humongous show of faith to your partner; it shows them that you think they're special and not just a piece of meat to them.

Rowde wrote:Consider this for a moment:
You are going to die.
This is a true statement. We are all going to die someday. We were dying since the day we were born. Call me pessimistic if you want, but this really is only a realistic view of the situation.

How true :x , yet how depressing...

Rowde wrote:My time spent with people is precious. I could die tomorrow and all you'd be left with is the time I spent with you on this boards. It is the only gift I really have to give. So, I don't think that it's just sex that can be taken for granted. You could take the time spent playing videogames with someone for granted as well, for example. Or time talking in a coffee shop, time doing the laundry together, etc. All of this is just as important.
Sex is just something you do in the end. It would be just as damaging doing anything else with someone you didn't really want to spend time with.

You are correct, but when I am with someone that I truly care deeply for, I get this feeling in the pit of my stomach...(don't laugh, I'm a deep down romantic) and I miss the feeling when it's not there. I don't get that feeling, or anything close to it except from love; not video games, or message boards, or any of that. Not just sex, either...I'm talking about true love. That's why I think it's wrong to have sex outside of a deep relationship. It's something I've done in the past (to my everlasting shame :cry: ), and it cost me my first true love... :cry:
Last edited by Iznoach, Legendary Dragon on Fri Aug 16, 2002 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gunslinger

Unread postby Rowde » Fri Aug 16, 2002 10:25 am

Well, since it is my habit to write in free form thought, I think I may have gotten a bit cluttered there.

I think my main point was that it is how you choose spend your time that is important. Whether you do it having sex with someone, having coffee with them, or writing on message boards, its all the same. Is it going to change the fact how you feel about someone depending on the physical act you do with them? Or is it the amount of time spent with that person? Is it necessarily the order of events that affect how we feel about someone, or the number of events? Like right now, sure you jest that writing on message boards isn't as important, but aren't there a million other things we could be doing right now. You could be working, I could be sleeping, or memorizing lines, or finishing up Devil May Cry, etc. Unfortunately I know a little bit more about what I could be doing, but I think that was obvious. Yet we are compelled to continue to come here and respond to each others topics, for what gain? None, really. Your time is sacred, and I appreciate that you'd share it with us here.

The marriage thing, I guess we have a difference of opinion. I just wanted to offer an alternative viewpoint.
I see it like this, if a couple were to devote themselves to each other over the course of their lives after meeting one another, even if they remained totally faithful to each other, they would be damnéd in the eyes of most institutes that support marriage. Despite the fact that I think a relationship like that is so much stronger, because there would be no guarantees, just absolute trust. So much to lose, yet so much to gain. Plus, their commitment would have been absolute.
In contrast, a married couple may stay together for just as long, but I don't think I could ever get over the obligation of it. If there were any rough spots, sure maybe the fact that they signed a marriage contract encouraged them to stay together, but that is really sad in my eyes.
Maybe I would be happy if said institutes acknowledged that devoted realtionships outside of marriage were okay.

Maybe my idea of what love is rather extreme.
To devote myself completely to someone without ever asking for something in return. Well asking them to marry me would be asking for something, so I don't think I could do it. Of course, if they were to ask me to marry them, then they would be asking something of me, and that's not the type of person I'd want to be with.
Copernicus of the New Age, take this unbearable weight of gravity, and liberate this galaxy!"
~ Kenji Miyazawa
Rowde
Intensified Luck Soldier

Unread postby Iznoach, Legendary Dragon » Fri Aug 16, 2002 10:36 am

I think having a solid relationship and not being married is fine. I don't base my life off of mainstream ceremony, never believe it. I just do what I think is right. In my estimation, two people could go their whole lives devoted to each other and never get married, and be perfectly fine with it. That's cool. I was saying in my earlier post that that's why most people get married, to reinforce commitment. I wasn't saying that I only believe in marriage, I was just using it as an example of a deep, stable relationship.

Coming from mounds of personal experience with marriage (none of which were mine :wink: ), I realize that almost 50% of marriages end in divorce; that often times people become severely possessive of their partner (to extremes) after they get married; and that because of these things a lot of people frown on marriage. I don't necessarily frown on them, but I frown on the ones that are done for the wrong reasons. For a quick example, my younger brother (20 years old) married his girlfriend, whom he used to fight with about 10 times a day on average (and still does), simply because she got pregnant. He did it because it was the "honorable" thing to do. I don't agree with those types of marriage at all...
Gunslinger

Unread postby Maria » Fri Aug 16, 2002 11:12 am

I don't mind having sex outside of marriage, it's Ok with my POV. The thing that you have to remember is the consequences that follow. You have to be responsible for that.
Maria
Iron Duchess

Next

Return to Current Affairs