Gay and Lesbian Marriage

Discuss events that have an impact on you and the world today. A home for honest, serious, and open discussion.

Unread postby Lion's Mane » Mon Dec 23, 2002 6:43 pm

Why keep them alive?

Respect for life, is why. Respect for the views, opinions, and mannerisms of another is why. RESPECT is why.

Homosexuality is not an abnormality of the brain. It is a response to environmental stimuli. Chromosome testing has shown that homosexual people are in no way different from heterosexual people.

There is nothing wrong with homosexual marriages. Otherwise, you need to look at the word respect, and learn its meaning. Respect goes beyond any religious, emotional, physical or mental reactions.
Remember, children, "No two people are not on fire."
Lion's Mane
Lord of Annwn
Lord of Annwn

Unread postby Sam Da Man » Mon Dec 23, 2002 9:44 pm

Lord Davion wrote:Why keep them alive?

Respect for life, is why. Respect for the views, opinions, and mannerisms of another is why. RESPECT is why.

Homosexuality is not an abnormality of the brain. It is a response to environmental stimuli. Chromosome testing has shown that homosexual people are in no way different from heterosexual people.

There is nothing wrong with homosexual marriages. Otherwise, you need to look at the word respect, and learn its meaning. Respect goes beyond any religious, emotional, physical or mental reactions.

I'm not saying kill them. I'm not even saying encroach on their liberties. It is a moral and scientific viewpoint I am looking at it. It really is unnatural and goes against human nature. It has be proven to be a defect and needs to be adjusted. I am just asking why marry them when marriage has only been a union to set up a family?

Their not different? Then why do they go after the same sex? It is an abnormality(Either Physical or mental). The human species would die off it were to go in this direction(abnormal and unnatural).

I just don't want to encourage this type of behaviour. If it was to be legal then more and more people would perhaps switch and humanity at large will lose.
"I have come out of the cave, join me" Sam Da Man's younger brother
Sam Da Man
Assistant

Unread postby Rhiannon » Mon Dec 23, 2002 9:59 pm

Rowde wrote:and I think that the current trend of homosexuality is just that, a trend.

Or an increasing part of the culture. Homosexuality, however, has never been a "trendy" thing in the strictest sense of the terms. If you're talking about people who just all of a sudden decide they're lesbian or gay, perhaps. I know people who have decided to be sexually trendy because they're sick of the opposite sex, and I know they're not REALLY homosexual -- they're simply swinging another way for a while. But homosexuality itself is not a trend.

Sam Da Man wrote:It really is unnatural and goes against human nature. It has be proven to be a defect and needs to be adjusted. I am just asking why marry them when marriage has only been a union to set up a family?

Their not different? Then why do they go after the same sex? It is an abnormality(Either Physical or mental). The human species would die off it were to go in this direction(abnormal and unnatural).

I just don't want to encourage this type of behaviour. If it was to be legal then more and more people would perhaps switch and humanity at large will lose.

It has not been proven to be a defect...there are THEORIES that it is a mess up in chromosome patterns or DNA. But hell, so what if it is? From your moral and scientific viewpoint, we should be "adjusting" people with down syndrome, people with Turret's, people with Cerebral Palsey, etc. Why, because they're not the "perfect" ideal human?

Homosexuality has been around at least as long as civilized humanity has been.

Since when has different come to mean abnormal? What is normal? Something without defects? How do we know that the basic human DNA isn't already a defect of some prior strain?

Humanity at a large would not lose anything if more people followed their sense of sexuality. The world isn't going to become 99% homosexual. Population is a problem in this world anyway, is having less children dying each year going to really harm us that badly? I hardly think that in 1000 years, we're going to be an all homosexual society producing test-tube babies like those fearful of homosexuality tought on their street pulpits.

As for marriages being set up for family production only, I disagree. Marriages, at least in this cultural age, are not simply for producing children and raising them. They are for bonding two people together who love each other. Even the Christian Matrimony Ceremony (no offense, I'm simply using it as a very traditional ceremony in our society) does not bless the union for procreation purposes.
"For us to have self-esteem is truly an act of revolution and our revolution is long overdue."
— Margaret Cho
Rhiannon
Joy & Oblivion
Joy & Oblivion

Unread postby Justin » Mon Dec 23, 2002 11:08 pm

Ok is this a debate on the science of gay people or gay marriage?

I personally don't like gay people all that much. Perhaps this is becuase I have only known a few and most of them have been real jerks and quite irritating. I am not hostile towards them but they have their way of life and I have mine. A person has the right to do what they want but I don't have to agree with their choices but I am not going to deny them that right. They shouldn't be oppressed and deserve a good life just like the rest of us.

I have long believed that if homosexuality would long breed itself out no matter if it were genetic or not. If you never mate with the other sex in your species, it will die out very quickly. The only goal of any species is reproduction. You can give me all the amount of bullshit you want about art and science, but when it comes down to the nitty gritty all a species cares about is propagating itslef and keeping itself from going extinct. How does homosexuality benefit this? It doesn't, no offspring will ever come of a homosexual union. How does this help keep a species alive? I don't think it does.

In this regards I think homosexuality is in some degree abnormal. I think it's some fetish that humanity has come up with. As far as I know only humans practice homosexuality. I have never seen a gay dog, cat, raccoon, hippopotamus, squirrel, or girraffe. This also makes me ask where did this desire come from? What would make someone go against what keeps their overall race strong and alive? Is it genetic? Or is it nuture? I honestly don't know and welome thoughts on the topic.
My Website

My Blog

The Dungeon

Trouble maker extraordinaire!
Justin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiao Gui » Mon Dec 23, 2002 11:11 pm

Taishi Ci wrote:Gay and Lesbian Marrying each other is fine by me, though if they claim to be In the Christian Faith I would have a problem with it. It's like deliberately disobeying god, "Thou shalt not lay with thy fellow man." Leviticus. As long as your not parading around that your a "Christian Gay Couple" and giving people false conceptions of Christianity than more power to ya. :)

I feel bad for you. Here I shall poke you with more stats (although its little bit off topic)
There is a websites devoted to reconciling Christian faith witn kinky sex. I reacently visted one, simply titled Christian BDSM which provides a scholarly framework to defend and explain how heterosexual male domination is not at odds with the teachings of Jesus Christ but rather in accordance with certain basic Christian beliefs. (Most motably, that men be a "cover" to women). Meanwhile, on these sites' message boards, you will also find discussions by submissive males, males with gay fantasies and so on, all of whom are seeking answers through their faith to the sexual orientation they recognize within themselves.
Xiao Gui
Cannibalistic Kitten

Unread postby James » Mon Dec 23, 2002 11:15 pm

While I have nothing against the act of marriage between gay and lesbian couples I do believe that it is highly destructive for adopted children. A child deserves a chance to grow up with a father and mother figure and the solid psychological belief is that this is important. Sorry, the more masculine in a female relationship is still not male, and the more feminine in a male relationship is still not female.

Let us also not forget that a very high percentage of us are gay, lesbian, or bisexual. I am not going to dig up the statistics, but it was something like 1 in 10.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Xiao Gui » Mon Dec 23, 2002 11:20 pm

Sam Da Man wrote:I say no. Being a homosexual is just an abnormality of the brain(yes, I learned this in psychology class). Somthing about having too much of x or y cells(or somthing like that). This messes with their whole body and makes them react different to other people(especially the faramones that come off men and women). There probably is a cure but it must be fixed in the DNA of a person and not just telling them that it is wrong. I believe it would only inspire more of it. Procreation is the question. I say if they aren't contributing to keeping society alive then what use is there for them(I am not being ignorant but am just wondering why.). I don't see a reason for them to be married. They will never have kids(unless they adopt but that is for another debate). It really comes down to family values.

Let's say there is a woman born with genetic defect that she will not be able to have babies. Can she still marry and have children (adopted)? Or do you think since procreation is not in the picture and she has genetic abnormality she should not be allowed to have children?
I also have taken many psychology courses and homosexuality is not an abnormality. Yes there is a correlation between gay people and bigger hypothalamus but no XY chromosome stuff.
Xiao Gui
Cannibalistic Kitten

Unread postby Xiao Gui » Mon Dec 23, 2002 11:25 pm

Sam Da Man wrote: It is a moral and scientific viewpoint I am looking at it. It really is unnatural and goes against human nature. It has be proven to be a defect and needs to be adjusted. I am just asking why marry them when marriage has only been a union to set up a family?

what is Human nature to you? I don't believe in human nature. Human has been segregated from nature for so long, unless you can find someone raised completely seperated from other human ever since birth can you find out what human nature is. The term human nature is long out dated ever since Rousseau. Is marriage human nature? Is every human on the face of the planet homosexual? Human will sooner end humanity by destroying the earth than by turning into homosexuals and stop having sex. Is relationship only about procreation? Try telling your girlfriend that the only reason you are going out with her is because you want to procreate with her.
Xiao Gui
Cannibalistic Kitten

Unread postby Xiao Gui » Mon Dec 23, 2002 11:35 pm

Wan Hung Lo wrote:How does homosexuality benefit this? It doesn't, no offspring will ever come of a homosexual union. How does this help keep a species alive?

Then how does homosexual couple have children? They adopt children or go to the sperm bank or surrogate mothers.
Population extinction barely makes bad arugments and sounds like religious preaching to me.
Wan Hung Lo wrote: In this regards I think homosexuality is in some degree abnormal. I think it's some fetish that humanity has come up with. As far as I know only humans practice homosexuality. I have never seen a gay dog, cat, raccoon, hippopotamus, squirrel, or girraffe. This also makes me ask where did this desire come from? What would make someone go against what keeps their overall race strong and alive? Is it genetic? Or is it nuture? I honestly don't know and welome thoughts on the topic.

I also feel bad for you: You are about to be poked by knowledge:
1. In Ancient Greek, China, and many other culture, homosexuality was a common practice. In some, it's a prevalige to be involve in such a divine relationship. Plato and Socrates practiced it.
2. Bonobo!!! Bonobos seem to live by the motto, "Make love, not war". Research suggests that they are the most sesually active and the most peaceful of all primates. Bonobo sex occurs in all possible partners combinations (homosexual as well as heterosexual) and essentially all imaginable positions. I love our peaceful relatives.
3. Also, researchs of done on dog and prove that small percentage of dogs displays homosexual behaviours. Moreover, in Zoo, elephants have been known to be horny enough to do any other animals close to its size....

Why would there be any problem for same sex couples in raising children?
Xiao Gui
Cannibalistic Kitten

Unread postby Xiao Gui » Mon Dec 23, 2002 11:47 pm

James wrote: A child deserves a chance to grow up with a father and mother figure and the solid psychological belief is that this is important.

what exactly is the problem for a child to grow up with different combination of parents?
Xiao Gui
Cannibalistic Kitten

PreviousNext

Return to Current Affairs