Death Penalty

Discuss events that have an impact on you and the world today. A home for honest, serious, and open discussion.

For or against the death penalty

Conditional (explain)
Total votes : 125

Unread postby Kebo » Mon Jul 29, 2002 4:28 pm

As long as they are guilty of murder, they should get the death penalty. But we have killed and/or sentenced many innocents, though, which is truly disgusting :?

Unread postby Pang Shiyuan » Mon Jul 29, 2002 9:53 pm

Zu Mao wrote:People who apply for executioner usually do not have the best consiences.

If you have problems with guilt, don't be the one to kill them.

Not always. In times of extreme poverty, people will sign up for any job that will help him/her to provide enough food for his/her family.
Pang Shiyuan

Unread postby Cao Ren » Tue Jul 30, 2002 12:36 am

i am for the death penelty because some people should die for their horribly crimes, but bin laden is another case, he should be torchered for a year until the final day where he is put in a room filled with smoke and fire so he has to go through what those poor people had too
Cao Ren
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Pappy O'daniels » Tue Jul 30, 2002 4:17 am

Binny Sminny. Big deal. He shouldn't get any special treatment, he should have the same options the rest do. Doesn't pay to be elitist y'know.

Oh and, prison would be a better alternative only if it were operated like, say, a Russian or Vietnamese prison, otherwise criminals are going to get a free ride. I knew quite a few dirt-poor kids at school who commited crimes just so they could be guaranteed that 3-meals a day+ room and board. Wasn't that they were naturally bad, just that it was better than living at home. :)

Oh, but there is one thing that must happen. First order of business....Put all peace and humanitarian groups to the axe. Total wastes of humanity. Or better yet, jam'em all in a "camp" with me as warden.
Some people just irk me. A lot. I don't normally go out of my way to hate someone, who does, but those groups deserve everything their members get, and more. :lol:
Pappy O'daniels

Unread postby Han Xin » Tue Jul 30, 2002 6:30 am

Personally, I like how the ancient chinese did thing, killing 3 generations at once. Why only executing the guy that committing the offence alone, if they know that their love one would be killed as then they would think twice about doing it...
Han Xin
Shu Emperor

Unread postby Jonathan » Thu Aug 01, 2002 8:25 pm

I favor the death penalty 100% murder unless justified and rape are the two crimes that should be carried out with death. Of course I have been seeing more and more cases when a murderer get away with his crimes, some prime examples

O.J. Simpson
Snoop Dog

I think it is possible that Snoop Dog is innocent but even if he did commit the crime his fame and money has placed himself above the law. And the Simpson case was one of the absolute more disgusting cases I have ever seen, it is still beyond me how anyone can commit murder and walk.
Also known as Zhuge Xuanshi
"The problem with the gene pool is, there's no lifeguard."
-Steven Wright

Unread postby CK » Fri Aug 02, 2002 5:07 pm

quite ironic that none chose against.

I am for too personally but its just strange. Maybe its because of my low understanding of members here.
Truth is always partial

Absense of dream creates nothing but dream creates absense if you do nothing

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Thu Aug 08, 2002 3:59 pm

I'm for the death penalty all the way although some crimes should come with the death penaltyif you kill someone that's a definate death penalty and with these child kidnap-murders happening so often lately that should be a death penalty on spot just like they did with that Ratliff guy who kidnaped those two girls and when the cops found the guy he had a gun so they shot him on the spot so i say death penalty all the way.
Dong Zhou

Unread postby LittleConqueror » Thu Aug 08, 2002 11:04 pm

I'm for the death penality. I don't want to spend my money to pay for the prisoners beds, tvs, and other crap. Although I must admit, I do like Han Xin's idea a lot...
"Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence"

Unread postby --Jonny-- » Fri Aug 09, 2002 8:15 am

If we kill our own race how do we fair to people who kill
true some people should pay the price but...people can change
maybe SOME people do not get enough help before they commit a crime
Who no's maybe there going to a better place
so then would they be paying at all..
" thing i do know though bitches they come they go, saterday through sunday monday,monday through sunday yo..maybe i'll love you one day maybe we will sumday grow untill then sit your drunk ass on the fukin runway ho...." -Eminem

Return to Current Affairs